U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2018, 03:25 PM

5,432 posts, read 1,546,102 times

Advertisements

Simmons has no jump shot, and Boston's league-best defense have no clue how to stop him from scoring in the paint, another efficient scoring night, 16 points on 8 of 12 shooting.
Simmons shooting 51% from the field this season, nearly 10% better than rookie LeBron!
No surprise Simmons is 3rd or 4th in the NBA points scored in the paint.
Imagine if he ever develops a jump-shot, the unstoppableness of his interior scoring will reach Michael Jordan level if the defense has to guard him on the perimeter.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 06:20 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,050,301 times
Celtics move to 34-10. On pace to win 63-64 games.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:10 PM

51,943 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Simmons has no jump shot, and Boston's league-best defense have no clue how to stop him from scoring in the paint, another efficient scoring night, 16 points on 8 of 12 shooting.
Simmons shooting 51% from the field this season, nearly 10% better than rookie LeBron!
No surprise Simmons is 3rd or 4th in the NBA points scored in the paint.
Imagine if he ever develops a jump-shot, the unstoppableness of his interior scoring will reach Michael Jordan level if the defense has to guard him on the perimeter.....
Anyone, even a mediocre athlete like myself can learn to shoot jumpshots.

The question would be "why hasn't he yet"?

The NBA is littered with guys that never improve. We'll see where he falls in that mix but frankly, I would think this is an easy problem to solve given his athleticism and available training.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:55 PM

17,287 posts, read 10,206,664 times
Report: LaVar Ball was right, the Lakers don't support Luke Walton

Quote:
Two entities who didn’t come to Walton’s defense: Lonzo and the Lakers.

“I’ll play for anybody,” said Lonzo.

As for the Lakers, there’s been little public support for Walton, outside of a tepid hashtag from owner Jeanie Buss and some anonymous sourcing about the coach’s job not being in danger.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:14 AM

11,679 posts, read 7,050,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

The NBA is littered with guys that never improve. We'll see where he falls in that mix but frankly, I would think this is an easy problem to solve given his athleticism and available training.
Well heís what 19? He should be shooting 2000 jumpers per day and be at least an average jump shooter within a few seasons. Same goes for Lonzo. I guess this is the rawness you get with guys that have 1 year in college to learn some of the basics of a pro player. A lot of the 4 years guys arenít ballers but they definitely come in with most of the fundamentals down.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:37 PM

9,962 posts, read 6,148,572 times
Warriors might win back to back titles.

Old 01-16-2018, 03:21 AM

5,432 posts, read 1,546,102 times
Its kind of funny how Klay Thompson mentioned the Warriors in the same breath as The Beatles, and they haven't even got a 3-peat, let alone a back2back.....
And there really is no excuse, because they were the clear favorite to win the ring even when Green got suspended in the Finals, up 3-1 and with the best depth in the NBA.....if they were so great they would have won regardless of Green's suspension.
They are simply overrated.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:33 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,420,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahaalot View Post
Its kind of funny how Klay Thompson mentioned the Warriors in the same breath as The Beatles, and they haven't even got a 3-peat, let alone a back2back.....
And there really is no excuse, because they were the clear favorite to win the ring even when Green got suspended in the Finals, up 3-1 and with the best depth in the NBA.....if they were so great they would have won regardless of Green's suspension.
They are simply overrated.
Keep telling yourself that

Lennon got in trouble for comparing the Beatles to Jesus Christ, so I guess the theme continues...

Old 01-16-2018, 09:05 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,247,479 times
Will Lavar Ball become the first non-player coach killer? And does his son, who he once claimed was better than Steph Curry, have anything to do with the Lakers' poor fortunes?

Old 01-16-2018, 09:12 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,247,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I don't get why Andre Roberson has a starting job. You would think you would have to be in the running for DPOY every single year in order to justify giving him a starting job with his lack of offensive prowess. It seems to me the Thunder would be better off with maybe a slightly worse defender who can shoot better than 33% from the line and 22% from 3.

Dennis Rodman was a 60%+ FT shooter on the Pistons and he was basically a 6th Man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball