U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-01-2018, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
12,184 posts, read 10,359,091 times
Reputation: 33215

Advertisements

If you can't beat 'em, blah blah blah

Golden State Warriors could be in play for LeBron James
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2018, 07:44 AM
 
51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Reputation: 32403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
If you can't beat 'em, blah blah blah

Golden State Warriors could be in play for LeBron James
I'd take a multi-year break from the NBA if that were to occur.

Not arguing right, wrong etc. but it sucks the drama out of what is essentially an entertainment product.

Basically, I'm not interested in watching a season with a pre-determined ending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 07:50 AM
 
3,789 posts, read 1,375,666 times
Reputation: 1603
Player from the suns had a gruesome injury last night on ESPN which was so bad they refused the replay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Reputation: 11410
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Player from the suns had a gruesome injury last night on ESPN which was so bad they refused the replay.
Isaiah Canaan

Canaan was driving to the basket when he was fouled by Wesley Matthews with three seconds left in the first quarter. Canaan’s ankle gave way on a hard, awkward landing, and his left foot was pointing in the wrong direction as his body tumbled to the floor.

As trainers rushed to Canaan, there were groans from the crowd and looks of shock from his Phoenix teammates, some of whom covered their eyes or looked away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 09:22 AM
 
5,432 posts, read 1,545,163 times
Reputation: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Isaiah Canaan

Canaan was driving to the basket when he was fouled by Wesley Matthews with three seconds left in the first quarter. Canaan’s ankle gave way on a hard, awkward landing, and his left foot was pointing in the wrong direction as his body tumbled to the floor.

As trainers rushed to Canaan, there were groans from the crowd and looks of shock from his Phoenix teammates, some of whom covered their eyes or looked away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYFZ1H6JpX4
Why are there players on the bench hiding their faces?
They can't even see the injury properly and they're hiding their faces....
Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 09:50 AM
 
3,789 posts, read 1,375,666 times
Reputation: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYFZ1H6JpX4
Why are there players on the bench hiding their faces?
They can't even see the injury properly and they're hiding their faces....
Weird.
Maybe because its not that common you see a injury like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 AM
 
5,432 posts, read 1,545,163 times
Reputation: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Maybe because its not that common you see a injury like that?
I know they knew the injury occurred and that it was an extreme and rare injury that one may hide their eyes from if you were standing right next to it (although players did stand next to it and didn't hide their eyes), but I just don't think it was that clear from the bench to the point of having to actually cover your eyes. Could have just looked slightly to the side and you'd not even see the figure of his body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2018, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC
3,849 posts, read 3,971,409 times
Reputation: 6494
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Maybe because its not that common you see a injury like that?
Ironically, Canaan's gruesome ankle break will probably be easier to heal than Boogie Cousin's torn Achilles which didn't look like much at all. Elton Brand had the same injury and admits he was never the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2018, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Reputation: 11410
Greg Monroe to the Celtics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2018, 03:39 PM
 
3,789 posts, read 1,375,666 times
Reputation: 1603
Found out the Thunder came all the way back in Denver last night only to lose at the buzzer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top