Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 06:58 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I'm Cavs fan and quite honestly care very little about the Warriors. But 90s Rockets are not better than this Warrior team neither are Kobe-Gasol Lakers, you could debate the Shaq Kobe Lakers (I think those Laker teams present matchups problems with the Warriors). I think fans of both squads (maybe they are really the same fans HAHA) will point out that Shaq would be useless in the series but Laker fans would point out that guys like Draymond and Durant would be in foul trouble.

I don't think the Warriors are likeable...but who cares. Do they have an aura- I say no. They have a killer instinct- they can pull away and pour it on against any team. I think Lebron steals some of the aura in the matchups that we've previously seen, but the Cavs don't possess it either. The 90s Bulls I would argue had the aura- I don't know of too many teams in recent history that have had an aura.
Depends which rules they're playing under. The old ability to handcheck would be devastating to the GS offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 10:06 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
There is plenty of aura, plenty of talent, and this is the best team in basketball. You can only measure them with the all-time greats, because that is the pantheon where they belong.
They were the best of last season, just like any other team in history that won a championship.
The year before that they were so hopeless that they failed to win from 3-1 up.
And Green being suspended doesn't justify that collapse at all.
We've seen plenty of championship teams overcome adversity to win (actually the Cavs overcame adversity by coming back from 3-1 down).
And the year before that they won but struggled vs the massively depleted Cavs.
Historically speaking, this is nothing more than a championship team.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:24 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
They were the best of last season, just like any other team in history that won a championship.
So '97 Bulls, '11 Mavs, '17 Warriors--all the same?

Quote:
The year before that they were so hopeless that they failed to win from 3-1 up.
And Green being suspended doesn't justify that collapse at all.
Salty. The three year run this team has put together is measurable only against the 90s Bulls & the Russell Celtics.

Quote:
We've seen plenty of championship teams overcome adversity to win (actually the Cavs overcame adversity by coming back from 3-1 down).
And the year before that they won but struggled vs the massively depleted Cavs.
Historically speaking, this is nothing more than a championship team.
I wish you could embrace the joy in GSW basketball. It's good for you.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:45 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
2015: 67-15, won championship 4-2
2016: 73-9, lost championship 3-4
2017: 67-15, won championship 4-1

Three seasons of top-ten all-time winning percentages, two championships. Some hate, errr...some people should be left to their incorrect opinions.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:16 AM

^ That's a very insecure statement.
Your opinion should be enough for you, without using the derogatory language.
I accept that some people value the regular season above the playoffs, so be it....
I just don't see 2015 and 2016 as anything special (in terms of all-time), based on what they showed in the playoffs.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:21 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,136,769 times
The Warriors underperformed in 2015 and 2016. Jordan and Kobe had some good prior Finals post season experience, but Magic and Bird started winning pretty soon into their careers. 60s Celtics didn’t have much competition unless Wilt got some more help.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:43 AM

The Warriors were not as suited to the playoffs prior to receiving Durant.
If the Cavs weren't so injured in 2015, the Warriors would have lost that too and be ringless heading into 2017 playoffs.
Durant gave them a guy that could defy playoff halfcourt defensive pressure, while Curry struggles at times.
The Cavaliers can manhandle the Warriors without Durant.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:27 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Durant is the real game changer.

He is a ruthless EFFICIENT <<notice emphasis>> scorer.

IMO he's been on Lebrons ass for years as the best player in the league.

Don't get me wrong, Curry, Clay, Green are all very good to great but IMO Durant is clearly one level above any of those guys and amazingly can just fit right in which is not something a lot of first ballot HOFers (which he will be easily) can always do.

Again, you just can't compare across eras sometimes. The rule changes since the Bulls were substantial, it's no longer a big mans league, (for example) would IMO determine the series. Old rules...Bulls kill them, New rules I think GS wins.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:14 AM

As a team, Golden State suit today's rules more than the 90s Bulls, but imagine how many free-throws MJ would get in today's NBA.....
He was the absolute master of deception and getting defenders off-balance, and now the soft fouls are called more than ever.
MJ would be worth 2 whole superstars in today's NBA.
And Rodman would scare the life out of Green.
Heck, I saw Rodman guarding Orlando Shaq, and it looked looked like an even match-up!
MJ would absolutely stop Klay.
Pippen would make life hell for Durant, also Rodman can help out (because Green would be in foul trouble or ejected).
Harper on Curry would be a good match-up.
Kukoc is an ideal player for today's NBA, would score plenty.

Last edited by MAGAalot; 10-29-2017 at 10:24 AM..

Old 10-29-2017, 05:27 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
I missed the Beal-Green dustup over the weekend...what started that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball