U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2018, 09:57 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,429,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
That was one of the most gruesome injuries I have ever seen. I really hope Hayward will be alright. Praying that he'll come back stronger than ever.
Welcome to the forum. He was doing practice shootarounds with the team a couple months back, so everything looks good so far for a return next season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 09:58 PM

498 posts, read 142,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Fractured tibia and dislocated ankle. Tough turn of events for Boston and Hayward. I've followed him since he heaved a half court shot to beat Duke in the NCAA Championship game. Love the guy and hate to see him have that type of injury, especially in a new city, new team, and in the first game of the season. No one likes injuries, but especially not to a guy like Hayward.
I agree. As humble as Stephen Curry is, Gordon Hayward seems to be pretty humble himself. I was really looking forward to seeing how he would fit it with Boston now that he was reunited with coach Brad Stevens. With how gruesome of an injury that was, I deeply regret ever watching the replay of what happened. As soon as Hayward landed, I knew immediately that something was very wrong. Hope he'll be okay. The sooner he returns to the court, the better. However, it is always unwise to rush anyone back. I would like the Celtics to make sure Hayward comes back at nothing less than 100%. Get well soon Gordon Hayward.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:12 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Well, looks like it’s time for my spurs to lock up that #1 draft pick again.

Amazing what injuries can do to a team.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:53 AM

25,866 posts, read 13,440,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Well, looks like itís time for my spurs to lock up that #1 draft pick again.

Yeah, it's sad. I really thought if they could tread water until Leonard got back, they could make some playoff noise. Now, it looks like they could be on the outside looking in.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:12 AM

28,514 posts, read 15,470,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Well, looks like itís time for my spurs to lock up that #1 draft pick again.

Do you think Pop will hang around for another rebuild?

Old 03-13-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Welcome to the forum. He was doing practice shootarounds with the team a couple months back, so everything looks good so far for a return next season.
He has become very adept at shots while sitting down during his recovery. There was even a video of him swishing a half court shot while sitting in a chair.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:52 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,203,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Do you think Pop will hang around for another rebuild?
Not a rebuild. Theyíre not blowing things up.
Leonard is back soon, or next season at worst case and has verbalized he wants to be a spur for life. Aldridge will be around and is playing great.

Parkerís contract comes off the books, and will resign for cheap. Green is the only real question mark.

If they miss the playoffs it will be the first time in 20 years and the 4th time ever. Itís about time to draft a another stud. (I have no idea whoís in the draft class, I couldnít care less about college ball)

I can see a scenario where the spurs trade their pick and Danny green to move up in the draft too

Old 03-13-2018, 02:21 PM

5,448 posts, read 1,552,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
I was really looking forward to seeing how he would fit it with Boston now that he was reunited with coach Brad Stevens.
I think Hayward is the most perfect player in the NBA for the Celtics, because they have a bunch of very athletic players and guys that can put defenders off-balance so Hayward will probably end up with extremely good looks.
Considering how great their defense is (and its not just great, its something that other great defensive teams of this era lack - toughness), a guy with the natural scoring prowess of Hayward could put Boston over the top of just about everyone, because they already win a lot of games without scoring big.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I think Hayward is the most perfect player in the NBA for the Celtics, because they have a bunch of very athletic players and guys that can put defenders off-balance so Hayward will probably end up with extremely good looks.
Considering how great their defense is (and its not just great, its something that other great defensive teams of this era lack - toughness), a guy with the natural scoring prowess of Hayward could put Boston over the top of just about everyone, because they already win a lot of games without scoring big.
Yeah Hayward will fit in without a doubt one he returns. Due to his relationship with coach Brad Stevens, it will only make his job easier, as Stevens is very familiar with the way Hayward plays. Boston will get a huge boost once Hayward is back on the court.

Last edited by SawuScimitar74; 03-13-2018 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake

Old 03-13-2018, 04:59 PM

3,797 posts, read 1,386,445 times
I decided to just watch the NBA once the playoffs start in April. Not sure what happened but I am just too bored with the regular season and rather wait until next month. The NBA regular season ends on April 11th and the NBA Playoffs start on April 14th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball