U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 12:47 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,388 times

Advertisements

I've never had them, so I can't speak to it. However, I suspect you weren't sprinting up and down a basketball court with 6' 8" 250 lb. men elbowing you in the chest.

Anyway, at this point I see no benefit in them playing him in the regular season except maybe 1-2 games at the end to get some rhythm back (but they can probably use round 1 for that anyway). They're not going to catch Houston with their injuries, and they're not going to drop 10 games to the 3 spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 07:56 AM

28,457 posts, read 15,436,866 times
West standings...

1 Houston
2 Golden St.
3 Portland
4 Oklahoma City
5 Utah
6 San Antonio
7 New Orleans
8 Minnesota
9 Denver
10 L.A. Clippers

How well are Hou and GSW playing... Portland has won 13 in a row and have not put a dent into the gap between themselves and the top two.

Portland next 4 games... Hou, Bos, @OKC, @NO

Utah still rising... has won 21 of the last 23 games.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 03-19-2018 at 08:47 AM..

Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 PM

498 posts, read 141,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I've had fractured ribs, as have many people in everyday life. They're annoying, and can hurt with movement and breathing, but aren't dangerous (unless as you said, complete fracture which can risk a pneumothorax/punctured lung). Likely the rest will help him heal enough so it isn't painful when he plays and doesn't affect his game too much.
I've heard that fractured ribs really suck. While I've never broken a bone once in my life, there were a few instances where I had close calls on that. In seventh grade, I sprained my left thumb, and had to be in a splint for two weeks. Another time was sophomore year in high school. We were playing basketball, and I was trying to right my fall after grabbing a rebound. It resulted in a sprained right hand. Nothing serious, but my hand was sore for two weeks before I could use it again.

To be honest, injuries in general are annoying. This is especially true if you have to limit what you do for work and other important things in life.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
West standings...

1 Houston
2 Golden St.
3 Portland
4 Oklahoma City
5 Utah
6 San Antonio
7 New Orleans
8 Minnesota
9 Denver
10 L.A. Clippers

How well are Hou and GSW playing... Portland has won 13 in a row and have not put a dent into the gap between themselves and the top two.

Portland next 4 games... Hou, Bos, @OKC, @NO

Utah still rising... has won 21 of the last 23 games.
Portland definitely has something to prove this year.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I'm no doctor, but that's not something you want to rush back from if you don't need to. Second round of the playoffs, sure. First round? Maybe. End of the regular season? No way.

I'm reminded of Bernard Pollard the year the Ravens won the super bowl. He broke some ribs at some point at the end of the year, then recovered, and rebroke them again on a hit on the first play of the super bowl. I don't know how severe the initial injury was, but this is serious stuff.

source?
I don't hate on anyone that supports the Spurs because it's wrong. Instead, I'll just let everyone support whatever team they wish to support. It's the right thing to do, letting people make their own decisions.

Old 03-19-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I've never had them, so I can't speak to it. However, I suspect you weren't sprinting up and down a basketball court with 6' 8" 250 lb. men elbowing you in the chest.

Anyway, at this point I see no benefit in them playing him in the regular season except maybe 1-2 games at the end to get some rhythm back (but they can probably use round 1 for that anyway). They're not going to catch Houston with their injuries, and they're not going to drop 10 games to the 3 spot.
You're definitely right that Golden State is not going to catch Houston in the standings. At this point, it's inevitable that the Rockets get the first seed. The Warriors are too banged up and too far behind now. I see Golden State being at full strength for perhaps the last three games of the regular season. Curry, Durant, and Thompson are not expected to return this month. Rushing them back would not be a good idea. It's either be at full strength come playoff time or bust for the Warriors if they want to repeat as champions. The road to the title this year has become much tougher for Golden State. That being said, it's better to be healthy than get the first seed and still have anyone out with an injury.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Golden State Warriors are 1-2!! It's basketball and they may only lose ten more games the rest of the way, but I can never get enough of watching those chumps lose!
I guess you don't like the Warriors? I'm okay with that really, as I've come to accept that both my teams (GSW and OKC) have haters. Who is your team?

Old 03-19-2018, 02:34 PM

The Blazers will face the Rockets tomorrow night. Will Portland's winning streak march on, or will Houston end it?

Old 03-19-2018, 02:41 PM

51,904 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Harden looks to be a pretty solid lock for MVP this year.

Top record and they like to pass it around to a new face if there is a good case to be made for it.

Please note, I'm not saying he's the best player in the league, just that I can't see anyone else winning MVP this year but him.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:57 PM

17,258 posts, read 10,188,976 times
Stick a fork in him..

Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue taking leave of absence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball