U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 09:52 PM

51,960 posts, read 41,815,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
Agreed. The East is a lot more competitive this year than it was last year and the year before that. Should be a fun playoffs this year.
Yep, it's actually a lot more interesting for the first time in a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 10:57 PM

17,301 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Chris Paul limping, possibly hamstring.

Jeezus.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:01 PM

28,499 posts, read 15,458,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Jeezus.
You saw that too.... He grabbed it as he was getting the last rebound, and wasn't on the court for the last second.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:11 PM

28,499 posts, read 15,458,018 times
No three pointers for Lillard or CJ. They had to use a bunch of energy on defense. Lillard had a streak of 52 games with a three stopped.

D'Antoni was asked about Paul... Said he was OK and had taken him out as a precaution at the end of the game. Depending on how it feels, at worst, he may sit a game or two.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 03-20-2018 at 11:23 PM..

Old 03-21-2018, 11:05 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
IMO it doesn't matter. They're not going back to another championship in the next many years.
That's a bold prediction. We haven't really seen this team play together. LBJ is going to use the remainder of this season and Round 1 to get this team on its feet. Big questions remain about Boston, and smaller questions remain about Toronto.

Quote:
Yeah I see either the Raptors or the Celtics coming out of the East this year. The Cavs won't have enough time to build chemistry with their new roster.
I've still got Raps or Cavs.

Quote:
I for sure see them breezing through the first round, but there's no way they'll breeze past Boston or Toronto. There's a good chance the Celtics or Raptors will push the Cavs to the limit.
I'm not seeing Boston at the same level as Toronto. I think there is a big gap between them. I think the Cavs will beat Boston (if they play).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Jeezus.
Tough, hope for a speedy recovery. I wonder if the NBA's emphasis on not resting players is misguided. The season is grueling, and a certain amount of rest is important to keep players healthy for when the games matter.

Old 03-21-2018, 07:22 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,223 times
I am liking what I see from the Raps, but can they be clutch in the playoffs when it matters? DeRozan has stepped to the plate all season long in clutch moments, but eveyone is wondering can he do that come April/May/June. For once in the East, it is going to be interesting to find out...

Old 03-21-2018, 09:58 PM

498 posts, read 142,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I am liking what I see from the Raps, but can they be clutch in the playoffs when it matters? DeRozan has stepped to the plate all season long in clutch moments, but eveyone is wondering can he do that come April/May/June. For once in the East, it is going to be interesting to find out...
The playoffs are a lot different than the regular season. This is where games need to be taken more seriously. I would love to see Toronto get to the Finals this year since they've never been there before. After tonight's game however, can they get past the Cavs?

Old 03-21-2018, 10:00 PM

498 posts, read 142,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
That's a bold prediction. We haven't really seen this team play together. LBJ is going to use the remainder of this season and Round 1 to get this team on its feet. Big questions remain about Boston, and smaller questions remain about Toronto.

I've still got Raps or Cavs.

I'm not seeing Boston at the same level as Toronto. I think there is a big gap between them. I think the Cavs will beat Boston (if they play).

Tough, hope for a speedy recovery. I wonder if the NBA's emphasis on not resting players is misguided. The season is grueling, and a certain amount of rest is important to keep players healthy for when the games matter.
I think Boston might have a chance as long as they can stay healthy. However, I do agree with you that Toronto would have a better shot at dethroning Cleveland from the East. It is also important to note that you can never count out a team with LeBron James. As long as the Cavs have LeBron James, you can never rule them out.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:55 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,511,805 times
Yeah, dude was pretty spot on tonight. 35 points, 7 rebounds, 17 assists (!!), 0 turnovers.

Old 03-22-2018, 08:36 AM

25,836 posts, read 13,426,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Yeah, dude was pretty spot on tonight. 35 points, 7 rebounds, 17 assists (!!), 0 turnovers.
He was indeed. It was a fun game.

But it bears keeping in mind it was the 2nd of two back-to-backs on the road for the Raps, the 3rd game in 4 nights and 10th in 16.

The Raps need a couple of days off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball