U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 06:15 PM

12,204 posts, read 10,441,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I missed the Beal-Green dustup over the weekend...what started that?
It looked like typical elbow-shove-bear hug type stuff. Looks like Beal may have thrown the first elbow. The main offender was Kelly Oubre throwing punches, grazing Klay Thompson and accidentally hitting John Wall in the back of the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 07:53 PM

3,964 posts, read 2,517,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It looked like typical elbow-shove-bear hug type stuff. Looks like Beal may have thrown the first elbow. The main offender was Kelly Oubre throwing punches, grazing Klay Thompson and accidentally hitting John Wall in the back of the head.
With friends like that, who needs enemies? Lol.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:07 PM

8,558 posts, read 8,897,734 times
So far the anointed teams aren't clicking real well

Old 10-31-2017, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I expect Cleveland to get better when Thomas returns, in the meantime, they will be fine.

I expect the Warriors to get better when they realize playing unfocused will get you beat.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:33 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,288,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
It's early. After about 20 games we will have a better read on every team.

Old 10-31-2017, 10:19 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,892,714 times
It's early and we all know that the front-runners are going to coast per NBA history.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:18 PM

8,558 posts, read 8,897,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
It's early. After about 20 games we will have a better read on every team.

I agree, but there is usually a stand out team early that goes on a long run to start the season.

Carmello Anthony = Poison!

Old 11-01-2017, 11:48 AM

5,461 posts, read 1,557,945 times
I think Boston will again finish #1 in East.
But this time they may be a threat to Cleveland in the playoffs.
Boston look like a very feisty tough team, suited to the playoffs, and extremely athletic and energetic.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:32 PM

No matter how bad the Warriors are playing they are always going to pound the Clippers!

Old 11-03-2017, 08:58 PM

4,214 posts, read 2,847,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
No matter how bad the Warriors are playing they are always going to pound the Clippers!
And no matter how poorly the Cavs are playing they will pound the Wizards! Lolololol....

I'm a Wizards fan, but I'm about ready to give up on their potential. They may have already hit their ceiling. As much of a Wall fan as I am, he really struggles in critical contests, or "statement" games. He's not very strong down the stretch, either...

They had a messy Cavs team that's gotten pummeled by everybody, playing the worst defense in basketball, and completely blew a chance to strengthen their bid as a top tier team in The East. These guys think very highly of themselves (particularly Wall and Beal but really the whole team), for a squad that has never even made a conference finals. For two years they've been sending darts at Lebron and Cleveland, and though they play them competitively most games, the results are almost always losses. I don't get it with this team...

They are crippled by average coaching and a roster that just isn't good enough. They can't even secure a Top 3 seed even though on paper, they should be that in their conference. Too much talk, not enough walk...

Both Cleveland and Golden State are gonna face unprecedented challengers from within their conferences this year. I think this will be the toughest road back for both of them to The Finals, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them both upset in the postseason, but as of now, it's way too early to say either aren't favorites. We'll see how they're playing a month from now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball