Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 04:29 PM

525 posts, read 276,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
When Houston have Harden and Paul and Capela, I think they've only lost ONE game this season.
So even if Golden State have Curry and everyone healthy, there is no guarantee they'll beat the Rockets, especially if it goes to Game 7 in Houston.
Chris Paul is the big difference this year in the rivalry.
Should Golden State face Houston at full strength, I see the Warriors winning the series in six games. Yes there is indeed no guarantee they would win, but defeating a Golden State team when they are at full strength would be next to impossible to accomplish. The only way I'd see Houston winning the series is if Golden State has at least one of their four All-Stars out with an injury. Even at full strength, the Warriors will definitely not sweep the Rockets. James Harden would not let his team get swept that's for sure. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
We'll see, it depends on how fast he recovers. Clearly Golden State is a different team without him.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/24/1...injury-history

By the the way, Kyrie is out 3-6 weeks on a bum knee.
The Warriors are indeed not the same without Steph. He is their most important player. I see the Warriors doing just fine in the first round without him. At this point, I see Steph returning sometime in the second round of the playoffs. Golden State will need to be at nothing less than full strength once they get to the Western Conference Finals, as they will most likely face a determined Houston Rockets team.

Same thing with Boston. I think they'll be fine without Kyrie until the second round of the playoffs.

Anything can happen though, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Luckily Quinn Cook has proven a very capable backup, though of course he’s no Curry. But situations like this is why I cringe when other Warrior fans guarantee another championship during the regular season. Anything can happen in sports and nothing is guaranteed.
Quinn Cook has proven himself for sure. Nonetheless, you can't replace Steph. Curry is a irreplaceable player. The team is not the same without their Baby-Faced Assassin.

I've been with the Warriors since I first heard of them in 2009, and even when they did become dominant, I knew that they would have a good shot at winning multiple titles. Nonetheless, you are right that nothing is guaranteed. Injuries and many other things can change the course of the regular season and the playoffs.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:53 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 21 days ago)

5,770 posts, read 5,531,770 times
CityBridge, is this your little brother? ^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 PM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
When Houston have Harden and Paul and Capela, I think they've only lost ONE game this season.
So even if Golden State have Curry and everyone healthy, there is no guarantee they'll beat the Rockets, especially if it goes to Game 7 in Houston.
Chris Paul is the big difference this year in the rivalry.
I think they are 37-2... or something like that.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Still a pretty impressive record with CP3, Harden, and Capela on the floor at the same time. With that trio, Houston is tough to beat.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:00 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,626,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
We'll see, it depends on how fast he recovers. Clearly Golden State is a different team without him.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/24/1...injury-history

By the the way, Kyrie is out 3-6 weeks on a bum knee.
Should we be concerned that Kyrie is wearing down? And by wearing down, I mean, career-wise. He has been injury-prone his whole career pretty much, or had lots of small injuries...is it fair to think that he will eventually lose some of the quickness and speed that makes him effective?

Or, does this knee injury just bother me more than it should?

Old 03-26-2018, 07:31 AM

10,574 posts, read 4,211,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Luckily Quinn Cook has proven a very capable backup, though of course he’s no Curry. But situations like this is why I cringe when other Warrior fans guarantee another championship during the regular season. Anything can happen in sports and nothing is guaranteed.
Not just fans, I cringe at Klay Thompson-
"Every time the Bulls came to town, that was the ticket of the year. Now it's when the Warriors come to town, that's the must-see game. And we don't take that for granted; that's such a cool position to be in. We rarely play in front of a crowd that's not sold out. That's so special. It's hard to really grasp that as a player. So I think it's close. I still think we're not on their level yet, but that's what we aspire to be of the 2000s. We aspire to be that dynasty that will be in the minds of NBA fans forever."

Old 03-26-2018, 07:53 AM

10,574 posts, read 4,211,957 times
Quote:
Wow, that Max Kellerman is pathetic.
That's the third stat he keeps getting wrong over and over again.

Every time they debate Houston's chances of beating GS in the playoffs Kellerman says, "Houston have only lost ONE game with Harden, Paul and Capela in the line-up", and when I heard him say it I thought it was TWO but I thought surely he'd have the results at his finger-tips and would know better than me....

He also keeps getting Bosh's Miami stats wrong, and Draymond Green's 3pt shooting.
But the Houston with Harden-Paul-Capela mistake is massive, because he's mentioned it at least 10 times.
ESPN First Take is so slack, because someone should have told him by now that he keeps getting these things wrong.
Whereas Stephen A. Smith isn't even into stats (he prefers the eye test), but he never says incorrect stats.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 AM

3,570 posts, read 2,503,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
Should Golden State face Houston at full strength, I see the Warriors winning the series in six games. Yes there is indeed no guarantee they would win, but defeating a Golden State team when they are at full strength would be next to impossible to accomplish. The only way I'd see Houston winning the series is if Golden State has at least one of their four All-Stars out with an injury. Even at full strength, the Warriors will definitely not sweep the Rockets. James Harden would not let his team get swept that's for sure. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
The Rockets are playing elite, championship-caliber basketball. This series is a tossup if both sides are healthy. If Curry is not at 85%+, I don't think the Warriors have enough to beat these Rockets. They would have to try to turn the series into a grit & grind type of game--the Warriors are capable of grinding out wins, but they have always been best at free-flowing, pace & space basketball.

Healthy, this series is a contrast in tactics, but a convergence in that two fast-paced teams with historically good offenses would be meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
The Warriors are indeed not the same without Steph. He is their most important player. I see the Warriors doing just fine in the first round without him. At this point, I see Steph returning sometime in the second round of the playoffs. Golden State will need to be at nothing less than full strength once they get to the Western Conference Finals, as they will most likely face a determined Houston Rockets team.

Same thing with Boston. I think they'll be fine without Kyrie until the second round of the playoffs.

Anything can happen though, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
The Warriors won't be at full strength. They need Curry to be at *enough* strength to pressure the Rockets. The Jazz, Nuggets, and Spurs become much more challenging 1st round opponents now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
CityBridge, is this your little brother? ^^^^^^^^^
It doesn't take a genius to recognize the greatness of #30.

Quote:
Houston is a great basketball team. Look at their point differential. That is the point differential of a championship-caliber team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball