U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 AM

28,554 posts, read 15,494,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Wow, that Max Kellerman is pathetic.
That's the third stat he keeps getting wrong over and over again.

Every time they debate Houston's chances of beating GS in the playoffs Kellerman says, "Houston have only lost ONE game with Harden, Paul and Capela in the line-up", and when I heard him say it I thought it was TWO but I thought surely he'd have the results at his finger-tips and would know better than me....

He also keeps getting Bosh's Miami stats wrong, and Draymond Green's 3pt shooting.
But the Houston with Harden-Paul-Capela mistake is massive, because he's mentioned it at least 10 times.
ESPN First Take is so slack, because someone should have told him by now that he keeps getting these things wrong.
Whereas Stephen A. Smith isn't even into stats (he prefers the eye test), but he never says incorrect stats.
I am not sure on the number of wins (now 38, 39, or 40), but I am sure it's two losses. One to the Pelicans by 2, and the Raptors by 3... both on the road.

That also means they are 2-0 against GSW w/ Harden/Paul/Capela. And the first game, Paul missed a good portion of the 4thQ. The time GSW beat Hou was without Harden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 02:34 PM

5,461 posts, read 1,557,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I am not sure on the number of wins (now 38, 39, or 40), but I am sure it's two losses. One to the Pelicans by 2, and the Raptors by 3... both on the road.

That also means they are 2-0 against GSW w/ Harden/Paul/Capela. And the first game, Paul missed a good portion of the 4thQ. The time GSW beat Hou was without Harden.
I agree, I'm 100% sure its 2 losses.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:32 PM

498 posts, read 142,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The Rockets are playing elite, championship-caliber basketball. This series is a tossup if both sides are healthy. If Curry is not at 85%+, I don't think the Warriors have enough to beat these Rockets. They would have to try to turn the series into a grit & grind type of game--the Warriors are capable of grinding out wins, but they have always been best at free-flowing, pace & space basketball.

Healthy, this series is a contrast in tactics, but a convergence in that two fast-paced teams with historically good offenses would be meeting.

The Warriors won't be at full strength. They need Curry to be at *enough* strength to pressure the Rockets. The Jazz, Nuggets, and Spurs become much more challenging 1st round opponents now.

It doesn't take a genius to recognize the greatness of #30.

Houston is a great basketball team. Look at their point differential. That is the point differential of a championship-caliber team.
It would be a great series indeed with both teams healthy. However, Golden State does have the advantage in experience. Should both sides be healthy, Warriors win the series in six games. After what happened to Curry in 2016, Golden State is going to make sure that Steph returns at nothing less than 100%. I'm confident that Golden State will be fine without Curry in the first round. Each round after that, they'll need Steph, or they will indeed lose.

You don't know for sure whether the Warriors will be at full strength come the Conference Finals or not. We'll just have to wait and see how Curry's recovery goes.

Steph is the best shooter in NBA history. Truly one of the best point guards the league has ever had.

Though the Warriors are still the favorites to repeat when fully healthy, I will not sleep on the Rockets because they have something to prove this year. As dangerous as Houston may have seemed last year, they're even more dangerous this year.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:27 PM

12,205 posts, read 10,441,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Not just fans, I cringe at Klay Thompson-
"Every time the Bulls came to town, that was the ticket of the year. Now it's when the Warriors come to town, that's the must-see game. And we don't take that for granted; that's such a cool position to be in. We rarely play in front of a crowd that's not sold out. That's so special. It's hard to really grasp that as a player. So I think it's close. I still think we're not on their level yet, but that's what we aspire to be of the 2000s. We aspire to be that dynasty that will be in the minds of NBA fans forever."
I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Warrior game tickets in other cities are always more expensive than other games. I've entertained the idea of a road trip to Indianapolis or Detroit (since Cleveland is also a tough ticket) but the tickets were too cost prohibitive. It really is the biggest game of the year in most cities, like when Jordan's Bulls or Lebron & Wade's Heat would come to town.

Old 03-26-2018, 08:34 PM

22,343 posts, read 32,215,169 times
Fultz played tonight

14 minutes
10 points
8 Assists
1 Block
1 TO

actually he looked good, so different then pre-season, had quicks and confidence even the shot looked decent

is this is any pre-cursor they may have another weapon off the bench

Want to see him and Simmons play together (they did not tonight best I remember) and wonder if they can

Also with Fultz in the mix with Ben could Lebron even function without the ball that much, just something to think about

Old 03-26-2018, 10:42 PM

498 posts, read 142,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Fultz played tonight

14 minutes
10 points
8 Assists
1 Block
1 TO

actually he looked good, so different then pre-season, had quicks and confidence even the shot looked decent

Want to see him and Simmons play together (they did not tonight best I remember) and wonder if they can

Also with Fultz in the mix with Ben could Lebron even function without the ball that much, just something to think about
The Sixers have a bright future ahead of them. I hope Ben Simmons wins Rookie of the Year.

Old 03-26-2018, 11:24 PM

3,964 posts, read 2,517,644 times
Quote:
Fultz played tonight

14 minutes
10 points
8 Assists
1 Block
1 TO

I checked the game out as well just because Fultz would be playing...I have to admit, he did look a lot better than I thought he would. Hopefully for him, it will only get better as he continues to get more time, and gets acclimated to his teammates.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:41 AM

12,205 posts, read 10,441,159 times
Minnesota lost badly to the Grizzlies of all teams in the 4th quarter. A lot of criticism going around about Thibs' tendency to overplay his top six players. It seems he may not have learned much since his time in Chicago...

Old 03-27-2018, 07:32 AM

Fultz is one of the entertaining movers in the NBA, really bouncy style of movement.
Simmons now averaging 15.8ppg 8.0rpg 8.0apg 1.7spg 0.8bpg, first time he's ever averaged 8.0 rebounds and assists.
Blake Griffin has shot .435 from downtown in the month of March (on 5.3 attempts).

Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Even before I saw Fultz, I didn't want LeBron to join the Sixers, it'll stunt everyone's growth.
LeBron will make Embiid into an exclusively spot-up shooter (same as Bosh and Love became with LeBron), and restrict Simmons completely.
LeBron should just retire, he's just going to get in the way wherever he goes, lacks the versatility to mesh, makes others have to adapt to him way too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball