U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 07:42 AM

22,341 posts, read 32,192,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Even before I saw Fultz, I didn't want LeBron to join the Sixers, it'll stunt everyone's growth.
It'll make Embiid into an exclusively spot-up shooter (same as Bosh and Love became with LeBron), and it'll restrict Simmons completely.
LeBron should just retire, he's just going to get in the way wherever he goes.

I wonder if Simmons could play a point 5 (ala Cuse) with Fultz on the court and Embid on the bench

might be an interesting way to get both of them on the court together

not sure I disagree with the sentiment on LeBron at all

They are really jelling right now, lost of additional pieces I almost feel a killer outside sniper in the free agent market would be better then the King
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 07:54 AM

5,448 posts, read 1,552,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I wonder if Simmons could play a point 5 (ala Cuse) with Fultz on the court and Embid on the bench

might be an interesting way to get both of them on the court together

not sure I disagree with the sentiment on LeBron at all

They are really jelling right now, lost of additional pieces I almost feel a killer outside sniper in the free agent market would be better then the King
I like Simmons in the post, as long as he's fed on every possession, he's a great passer from anywhere and he's got very good control of the hook shot.
Yeah I wouldn't mind another big time scorer but preferably someone with the intelligence to fit into a new system.
Even a ball-dominant guy like Chris Paul has no problem playing off-the-ball at times, whereas LeBron only knows one way, and that way would be cancerous in Philly.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:59 PM

25,870 posts, read 13,445,735 times
Raptors eked out a win against tired-but-dogged Denver team to close out a grueling, 12 games in 20 days stretch.

They are going to need every one of the next four days to rest and practice before going Celtics/Cavs/Celtics in their next three games.

Old 03-27-2018, 10:07 PM

498 posts, read 142,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Raptors eked out a win against tired-but-dogged Denver team to close out a grueling, 12 games in 20 days stretch.

They are going to need every one of the next four days to rest and practice before going Celtics/Cavs/Celtics in their next three games.
Tough schedule for the Raptors. They will indeed need to rest up and prepare for those showdowns.

Old 03-29-2018, 09:49 AM

17,319 posts, read 10,231,722 times
Quote:
Even before I saw Fultz, I didn't want LeBron to join the Sixers, it'll stunt everyone's growth.
LeBron will make Embiid into an exclusively spot-up shooter (same as Bosh and Love became with LeBron), and restrict Simmons completely.
LeBron should just retire, he's just going to get in the way wherever he goes, lacks the versatility to mesh, makes others have to adapt to him way too much.
That's precisely why I hope the Lakers do NOT sign LeBron.

He'll absolutely stunt the growth and development if the Lakers which have a good thing going. A ball dominant player like LeBron would cause regression in Ball, Randle, and Ingram.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

He'll absolutely stunt the growth and development if the Lakers which have a good thing going. A ball dominant player like LeBron would cause regression in Ball, Randle, and Ingram.
I agree, LeBron with the Lakers is a disaster.
Ball needs to be as aggressive as possible to fulfill his potential.
Ball and all of them will feel compelled to defer to LeBron, and LeBron will oblige.
Ingram's scoring potential will not be realized either, and the uprising of Randle will come to a halt.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:20 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,877,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Quote:
I agree, LeBron with the Lakers is a disaster.
Ball needs to be as aggressive as possible to fulfill his potential.
Ball and all of them will feel compelled to defer to LeBron, and LeBron will oblige.
Ingram's scoring potential will not be realized either, and the uprising of Randle will come to a halt.
If those guys can't figure out how to play with LeBron, then they'll never be stars. I don't see how the Lakers would appeal to LBJ, given their youth and remaining deadweight. The Clips seem like a better fit--more proven talent, no unmovable contracts, an ultra-rich owner who will spend, and no regard for the traditional hierarchy of owner->management->coaches->players.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
If those guys can't figure out how to play with LeBron, then they'll never be stars. I don't see how the Lakers would appeal to LBJ, given their youth and remaining deadweight. The Clips seem like a better fit--more proven talent, no unmovable contracts, an ultra-rich owner who will spend, and no regard for the traditional hierarchy of owner->management->coaches->players.
Bosh and Love figured out how to play with LeBron, and it meant becoming one-dimensional spot-up shooters.
Not something to be proud of.
And Kyrie was criticized in Cleveland for being a scorer instead of a true point guard, and deemed someone that couldn't lead a championship contender.
In Boston he's a true point guard, and shooting better than ever (so its not like he relied on LeBron getting him open shots).
The more control you give to Kyrie, the better he is.

Old 03-29-2018, 10:43 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,877,900 times
Quote:
Bosh and Love figured out how to play with LeBron, and it meant becoming one-dimensional spot-up shooters.
Not something to be proud of.
And Kyrie was criticized in Cleveland for being a scorer instead of a true point guard, and deemed someone that couldn't lead a championship contender.
In Boston he's a true point guard, and shooting better than ever (so its not like he relied on LeBron getting him open shots).
Bosh was an excellent defender and a versatile offensive weapon in Miami--a full-on star and better than he ever was in Toronto. Love has been stellar in Cleveland, with excellent rebounding, shooting, and improved defense--a better player than he ever was in Minnesota. Kyrie was not and is not a true point guard. He's leading a very average offense in Boston. They should be better with Hayward next year, who is a better initiator, capable of playing Point Forward.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:34 PM

3,962 posts, read 2,514,962 times
Embiid injured in that collision last night with Fultz...and needs surgery. The Sixers seemed to be really jelling of late, so this could hurt the core chemistry for awhile...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball