U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 07:25 PM

25,829 posts, read 13,421,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Embiid injured in that collision last night with Fultz...and needs surgery. The Sixers seemed to be really jelling of late, so this could hurt the core chemistry for awhile...
The Sixers -if healthy - scare the crap out of the Raptors, Cavs and Celtics. They'll be duking it out next year for the lead in the East. And for years to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 09:00 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,050,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Bosh was an excellent defender and a versatile offensive weapon in Miami--a full-on star and better than he ever was in Toronto. Love has been stellar in Cleveland, with excellent rebounding, shooting, and improved defense--a better player than he ever was in Minnesota. Kyrie was not and is not a true point guard. He's leading a very average offense in Boston. They should be better with Hayward next year, who is a better initiator, capable of playing Point Forward.
I certainly havenít noticed the story line being that Kevin Love is a stud over the last 3 years. Bosh was also criticized A LOT. Based on his Miami play, a lot of people were saying Bosh was a role player and not even in the discussion as a top 20 player (essentially downplaying the idea of the Heat being stacked).

Old 03-29-2018, 11:10 PM

498 posts, read 142,089 times
Quinn Cook had a career night with 30 points, but he was the only bright spot for the Warriors tonight. Kevin Durant got ejected right before the end of the first half over a no-call. There should've been a foul call. Sometimes I question the ability of refs to make calls when there is CLEARLY contact.

Nonetheless, I've accepted that I can't do anything about the refs system. On to the next game.

Old 03-30-2018, 12:01 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,420,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
Quinn Cook had a career night with 30 points, but he was the only bright spot for the Warriors tonight. Kevin Durant got ejected right before the end of the first half over a no-call. There should've been a foul call. Sometimes I question the ability of refs to make calls when there is CLEARLY contact.

Nonetheless, I've accepted that I can't do anything about the refs system. On to the next game.
That no-call was definitely ridiculous, and they seem to be a common theme with the Warriors' stars, but Durant did call him a b---h-a-- m----------r, so I'm not surprised he got tossed. Cook is looking great, but I'm done with Nick Young.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:53 AM

6,544 posts, read 4,493,891 times
Games like last night's Bucks/Warriors games is proof that the NBA regular season outside of a couple of dates is completely meaningless.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:37 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,875,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I certainly havenít noticed the story line being that Kevin Love is a stud over the last 3 years. Bosh was also criticized A LOT. Based on his Miami play, a lot of people were saying Bosh was a role player and not even in the discussion as a top 20 player (essentially downplaying the idea of the Heat being stacked).
The people who criticized Bosh--like the people who are criticizing Love--were morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post

The officials have been pretty bad this year. Of course, KD could show some desire to play regular season games instead of stopping during play and getting himself ejected.

What I want to know is what that official was saying to Draymond later on during a Free Throw. Dray repeatedly told the official not to talk to him that way, and had an extended conversation with Kerr when he was next subbed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
That no-call was definitely ridiculous, and they seem to be a common theme with the Warriors' stars, but Durant did call him a b---h-a-- m----------r, so I'm not surprised he got tossed. Cook is looking great, but I'm done with Nick Young.
Of course he got tossed. Nick Young is still going to win a playoff game with a ridiculous hot streak. Then he will lose the next one going 1/12 with 5 turnovers in 10 minutes.

Cook is looking critical for Round 1 and maybe Round 2. Without Curry, the Warriors need a Point who can shoot, pass, and handle.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:12 PM

17,296 posts, read 10,206,664 times
The Warriors are toast this post season!

I'm rooting for Houston all the way.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:02 PM

5,433 posts, read 1,546,102 times
Houston vs Boston would be an extremely high quality series.
I always find Golden State vs Cleveland to be very messy, often streaky.
I mean Cleveland always look messy, and Golden State were high quality last year but very streaky in 2015 and 2016 Finals when Curry played far below his best.
Houston and Boston are both very precise and well-coached.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:01 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The people who criticized Bosh--like the people who are criticizing Love--were morons.

The officials have been pretty bad this year. Of course, KD could show some desire to play regular season games instead of stopping during play and getting himself ejected.

What I want to know is what that official was saying to Draymond later on during a Free Throw. Dray repeatedly told the official not to talk to him that way, and had an extended conversation with Kerr when he was next subbed out.

Of course he got tossed. Nick Young is still going to win a playoff game with a ridiculous hot streak. Then he will lose the next one going 1/12 with 5 turnovers in 10 minutes.

Cook is looking critical for Round 1 and maybe Round 2. Without Curry, the Warriors need a Point who can shoot, pass, and handle.
That is exactly what I thought when GS signed him last year.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:57 AM

22,331 posts, read 32,166,272 times
Fultz looked good again and Simmons just keeps it going

Sixers have really got something going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball