U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-10-2018, 08:30 AM
 
3,804 posts, read 1,389,055 times
Reputation: 1606

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Take it from someone that doesn't watch much NBA or even ESPN in general. I'd be much more likely to actually tune in and watch that game since it actually means something than then the Bucks/Sixers game which will basically be an exhibition game.
I think the sixers have to win their last two games to clinch the 3 seed. I dont think they can have the same record as the Cavs. So that game on Wednesday will mean something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2018, 12:58 PM
 
17,319 posts, read 10,241,707 times
Reputation: 28866
Spurs make it to the playoffs for an astounding 21 seasons in a row.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 02:43 PM
 
5,450 posts, read 1,553,982 times
Reputation: 2283
I wonder if The Greek Freak will play the Philly game, I'm guessing he won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,963 posts, read 2,515,467 times
Reputation: 1655
Isn't Denver-Minn basically a playoff game tomorrow night for the 8th Seed out West?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 08:43 PM
 
3,804 posts, read 1,389,055 times
Reputation: 1606
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Isn't Denver-Minn basically a playoff game tomorrow night for the 8th Seed out West?
That is correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 08:44 PM
 
3,804 posts, read 1,389,055 times
Reputation: 1606
Sixers win 15th straight and need to win tomorrow to clinch the 3 seed in the East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,535 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Reputation: 11426
There's one injury for the Rockets... Luc BAM just re-injured his shoulder on a dunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Sixers win 15th straight and need to win tomorrow to clinch the 3 seed in the East.
Let's get it done...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,551 posts, read 4,502,743 times
Reputation: 2488
Listening to part of the Jazz/Warriors game tonight and the Utah play-by-play guy brings up a good point: Which would you rather have: A team like Minnesota, Denver, hell Houston & Golden State that is all offense and almost no defense or a team like the Jazz that is offensively challenged at times but makes its name on the defensive end of the court?? People were going gaga over the T'Wolves & Nuggets in the preseason with the Wolves a trendy Western Conference final team IIRC mainly because of their offensive proficiency yet no one mention the Jazz who were basically an afterthought when it came to the Western Conference playoffs after losing Gordon Hayward. But yet here the Jazz are currently locked into a playoff position and not only are they going to make the playoffs, if they beat Portland they will finish as the 3 seed and win the Northwest Division while one of those "highly proficient offenses" will miss the playoffs......mainly because neither of them could play a lick of defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2018, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,201 posts, read 10,434,009 times
Reputation: 11220
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Listening to part of the Jazz/Warriors game tonight and the Utah play-by-play guy brings up a good point: Which would you rather have: A team like Minnesota, Denver, hell Houston & Golden State that is all offense and almost no defense or a team like the Jazz that is offensively challenged at times but makes its name on the defensive end of the court?? People were going gaga over the T'Wolves & Nuggets in the preseason with the Wolves a trendy Western Conference final team IIRC mainly because of their offensive proficiency yet no one mention the Jazz who were basically an afterthought when it came to the Western Conference playoffs after losing Gordon Hayward. But yet here the Jazz are currently locked into a playoff position and not only are they going to make the playoffs, if they beat Portland they will finish as the 3 seed and win the Northwest Division while one of those "highly proficient offenses" will miss the playoffs......mainly because neither of them could play a lick of defense.
In the end, it's a balance. The last team I remember who won a championship with lock-down defense and slim offense were the Pistons. Ideally, you want a system like the recent Warrior or Spurs champs who can do it on both ends. Boston still has a great defensive team but they likely won't get it done with both Irving and Heyward out for the postseason. Thibs has a reputation as a defensive coach, so the Wolves should be better in that respect, but he plays his main guys too long and they are burnt by every fourth quarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2018, 10:21 AM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,878,947 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Listening to part of the Jazz/Warriors game tonight and the Utah play-by-play guy brings up a good point: Which would you rather have: A team like Minnesota, Denver, hell Houston & Golden State that is all offense and almost no defense or a team like the Jazz that is offensively challenged at times but makes its name on the defensive end of the court?? People were going gaga over the T'Wolves & Nuggets in the preseason with the Wolves a trendy Western Conference final team IIRC mainly because of their offensive proficiency yet no one mention the Jazz who were basically an afterthought when it came to the Western Conference playoffs after losing Gordon Hayward. But yet here the Jazz are currently locked into a playoff position and not only are they going to make the playoffs, if they beat Portland they will finish as the 3 seed and win the Northwest Division while one of those "highly proficient offenses" will miss the playoffs......mainly because neither of them could play a lick of defense.
The Jazz are a good defensive team, but they are not as good as GS or Portland on that end. Minnesota and Denver are both at risk for missing the playoffs due to injuries--Millsap & Butler. And Houston's offense is so much better than the Jazz's defense that you easily take Houston. The Jazz may be better than a healthy Minn/Denver. They are not better than a healthy GS or HOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top