Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2018, 11:00 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times

Advertisements

Ugh, IT to my Lakers

Horrible move
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 11:18 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Cavs blowing things up mid season!

Old 02-08-2018, 12:03 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Cavs:

In: Rodney Hood-OG, George Hill-PG, Jordan Clarkson-OG, Larry Nance Jr-PF

Out: Isiah Thomas-PG, Derrick Rose-PG, Channing Frye-C, Jae Crowder-SF, Dwayne Wade-OG, Iman Shumpert-SF

They've definitely rid themselves of lots of hubris and self-importance (IT, Rose, Wade) and added some solid more humble guys. I'd give Frye and maybe Shumpert a break because they did contribute to a championship, but the other 4 are clear Cav flops.

I think Lebron wants to end his star-trip days, and just play solid basketball with regular pros. We'll see if they are done, might need another big.

Cleveland Cavaliers acquire Rodney Hood, George Hill in 3-team trade with Utah Jazz, Sacramento Kings

Old 02-08-2018, 12:58 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times
Does this put the Cavs in a better position to compete against the Warriors?

Can’t believe the IT trade that got all that attention amounted to basically him playing a few games. And to think, everyone was saying the Cavs made out like bandits.

Perhaps Kyrie/Love/Lebron of a few years ago was the Cavs’ peak and all the trades just result in them getting worse.

We may look back at this moment as officially being the end of Lebron having a chance of leading teams to championships. Maybe he’ll be the one leaving soon for a stacked team.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:11 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,349 times
The move was a salary dump for the Lakers, Isiah and Frye are both free agents and will most likely not be resigned by the Lakers.

Clarkson is due to make like 26 mil over the next two years so with him gone will give the Lakers the room for two max contracts for sure next season. Plus we get the Cavs #1 pick which the Lakers have had some good luck with late first round and second round picks which is exactly what Nance Jr. (1st rounder) and Clarkson (2nd rounder) are.

But I have the admit, I hate seeing both Clarkson and Nance Jr. go.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:13 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Does this put the Cavs in a better position to compete against the Warriors?
I don't think these trades were about the Warriors or even this season. I think this is Dan Gilbert looking to life after LeBron. The roster is totally made over with young players. Add in the Brooklyn pick and next season the Cavs are in a decent spot. For all of the ridicule that gets thrown at Dan Gilbert I actually tip my hat to him on this one.

Not sure what they will do in the playoffs. A totally made over roster going against teams that have been together all season (or longer) may struggle. That's a lot of guys to get on the same page in a very short period of time.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:22 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,076,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
I don't think these trades were about the Warriors or even this season. I think this is Dan Gilbert looking to life after LeBron. The roster is totally made over with young players. Add in the Brooklyn pick and next season the Cavs are in a decent spot. For all of the ridicule that gets thrown at Dan Gilbert I actually tip my hat to him on this one.

Not sure what they will do in the playoffs. A totally made over roster going against teams that have been together all season (or longer) may struggle. That's a lot of guys to get on the same page in a very short period of time.
x2

Old 02-08-2018, 01:23 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times
So if the Cavs are looking to the future than I guess we will be hearing non stop speculation about where Lebron goes next year.

If Lebron goes...does Love go? Will the Cavs basically be the Lakers...young guys with no real stars? Perhaps 20-30 or so years of rebuilding until Ohio produces another Lebron?

Old 02-08-2018, 01:59 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
The move was a salary dump for the Lakers, Isiah and Frye are both free agents and will most likely not be resigned by the Lakers.

Clarkson is due to make like 26 mil over the next two years so with him gone will give the Lakers the room for two max contracts for sure next season. Plus we get the Cavs #1 pick which the Lakers have had some good luck with late first round and second round picks which is exactly what Nance Jr. (1st rounder) and Clarkson (2nd rounder) are.

But I have the admit, I hate seeing both Clarkson and Nance Jr. go.
True, Lakers management are pretty good at these things. I don't like IT and liked Nance, but in overall scheme of things Lakers did pretty good.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:17 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
True, Lakers management are pretty good at these things. I don't like IT and liked Nance, but in overall scheme of things Lakers did pretty good.
Hopefully they'll have the sense not to let Thomas ruin Ball's development. Aside from shooting and scoring, Ball already does everything else better than IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball