Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 12:15 PM

525 posts, read 279,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
aaaaand he's hurt again
I know. As a Warriors fan, I'm very concerned about his health, as it will determine if Golden State repeats or not. Without Curry, the Warriors are not going anywhere in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
MCL injury, not good, not good at all for Curry or the Warrior's chances depending on severity.

Remember, MCL injury is what pretty much made Curry a shadow of his former self during the 2016 playoffs and finals.

The Dubs are the walking wounded, this gives Houston a great opening.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources...045637364.html
Hopefully it's not as serious as it seemed. Curry will undergo an MRI today. We have yet to receive the results, however.

That and his ankle injury were what caused him to be inconsistent over the course of the 2016 playoffs. Golden State would've repeated without a doubt had Curry been healthy that year. Who knows? Maybe he would've averaged some 32 points per game?

Houston will only win if Golden State is not at full strength. With Curry's latest injury however, chances of the Warriors facing the Rockets at less than full strength are increasing.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
When I saw your comment last night, the first thing I thought was, "If he isnt 100%, he might get hurt again." But then I thought that wasnt what you meant, but that him not being 100% would be the result of rust, not physical.

Either way, he is hurt again, and that cant be good.
I was beginning to think that, as rushing anyone back can put them at risk of either a new injury or aggravating an existing one. When he was limping off the court, I thought he had aggravated his balky right ankle. Turns out he injured his left knee. Personally I think his right ankle was fine, it was just rust that caused him to return at less than full strength, as what happens to most players who sit out a umber of games. It takes time for them to get their rhythm back.

Unfortunately, it looks like it will take some time for Curry to get his rhythm back. That knee injury is worrying me. Praying for him that it's not serious and that he'll be back stronger than ever come playoff time.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:22 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
When Houston have Harden and Paul and Capela, I think they've only lost ONE game this season.
So even if Golden State have Curry and everyone healthy, there is no guarantee they'll beat the Rockets, especially if it goes to Game 7 in Houston.
Chris Paul is the big difference this year in the rivalry.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
It was a freak injury for Curry. I hope not but I suspect a tear or serious strain of the MCL, and that is not good. Without Curry these Dubs have no chance at a repeat.

A nightmare scenario where injuries decide the playoffs.

If Curry is out or not at 100%, the other surging teams like the Blazers, Rockets, and Jazz smell blood.

In the East the Cavs should make it to the finals again.
He's had so many freak injuries his entire career, and some of them have come at the worst possible time. I hope it isn't serious either, but we won't know until the MRI results are in. Without their best player, Golden State is indeed doomed of any hopes of a repeat championship. At less than full strength, they will not get past Houston.

It would definitely be Warriors' fans worst nightmare if Curry's season were to be over. As unlikely as it may seem, it is unfortunately a possibility. We can only keep our fingers crossed. I'm sure that other teams in the West smell opportunity with Golden State depleted.

With Toronto having a great season this year, the Cavs returning to the Finals is no longer guaranteed. The Raptors are going to push Cleveland to the limit, as Toronto is determined to dethrone the Cavs in the East and reach the Finals for the first time in franchise history.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:49 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
Hopefully it's not as serious as it seemed. Curry will undergo an MRI today. We have yet to receive the results, however.

That and his ankle injury were what caused him to be inconsistent over the course of the 2016 playoffs. Golden State would've repeated without a doubt had Curry been healthy that year. Who knows? Maybe he would've averaged some 32 points per game?

Houston will only win if Golden State is not at full strength. With Curry's latest injury however, chances of the Warriors facing the Rockets at less than full strength are increasing.
Quote:
He's had so many freak injuries his entire career, and some of them have come at the worst possible time. I hope it isn't serious either, but we won't know until the MRI results are in. Without their best player, Golden State is indeed doomed of any hopes of a repeat championship. At less than full strength, they will not get past Houston.

It would definitely be Warriors' fans worst nightmare if Curry's season were to be over. As unlikely as it may seem, it is unfortunately a possibility. We can only keep our fingers crossed. I'm sure that other teams in the West smell opportunity with Golden State depleted.

With Toronto having a great season this year, the Cavs returning to the Finals is no longer guaranteed. The Raptors are going to push Cleveland to the limit, as Toronto is determined to dethrone the Cavs in the East and reach the Finals for the first time in franchise history.
Latest update is a grade 2 sprain of MCL. He will be reevaluated in three weeks right before start of playoffs.

Curry's injury in 2016 that hampered his playoffs was a grade ONE sprain.

All in all not very good news.

Old 03-24-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Latest update is a grade 2 sprain of MCL. He will be reevaluated in three weeks right before start of playoffs.

Curry's injury in 2016 that hampered his playoffs was a grade ONE sprain.

All in all not very good news.
Phew. I thought his season was over. Kevin Durant had to go through the same thing last season. However, KD was able to return in the last few games before the regular season ended to get his rhythm back. It is highly unlikely that Curry will be back at ANY point in the regular season.

While this isn't the best news, I think the Warriors will be just fine in the first round of the playoffs. Steph should be good to go once the second round of the playoffs rolls around. Golden State will be alright so long as Durant, Thompson, and Green are healthy once the playoffs start on April 14th.

Praying that Steph will come back in time for the second round stronger than ever. Golden State will need to be at full strength if they want to get past the Houston Rockets. The Rockets have something to prove this year.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:44 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I have severe doubts about Cleveland winning the East.
Toronto played 3 games in 4 days, the 3rd game was their narrow loss at Cleveland.
When you play 3 games in 4 days, you are supposed to lose the 3rd game if its on the road to a playoff team.
But Toronto still almost won that game.
So Cleveland is yet to do anything this season to suggest they'll beat Toronto in a best-of-7 series.
Cleveland have only proven they have horrible defense that will make it very hard to win all their home games in a playoff series.
It appears that LeBron has almost no control over whether Cleveland win or lose, because he's only dominating the offensive end, nothing defensively.
LeBron is producing career-best numbers, and Cleveland are losing regularly despite that.
That's a bad sign for the playoffs if the idea is that LeBron is going to carry them to the Finals.
If LeBron was at his peak defensively, he could carry them to the Finals, but he's playing perhaps the worst defense of his career or close to it.
While Cleveland's defense is certainly suspect, they are appearing to put together better games. They are still 14 games over .500 and in the 3-seed by 1.5 games currently, so your statement that they are "losing regularly" rings a little hollow. They are 13-7 since the day before the IT trade (vs Wolves), which is a 53-win pace, higher than the 47-win pace they were on prior to that, and the 49-win pace they are on the year. I'm not saying they are playing championship level ball, but they haven't peaked yet. They are rounding closer to their ceiling...

Old 03-25-2018, 08:52 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Phew. I thought his season was over. Kevin Durant had to go through the same thing last season. However, KD was able to return in the last few games before the regular season ended to get his rhythm back. It is highly unlikely that Curry will be back at ANY point in the regular season.

While this isn't the best news, I think the Warriors will be just fine in the first round of the playoffs. Steph should be good to go once the second round of the playoffs rolls around. Golden State will be alright so long as Durant, Thompson, and Green are healthy once the playoffs start on April 14th.

Praying that Steph will come back in time for the second round stronger than ever. Golden State will need to be at full strength if they want to get past the Houston Rockets. The Rockets have something to prove this year.
We'll see, it depends on how fast he recovers. Clearly Golden State is a different team without him.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/24/1...injury-history

By the the way, Kyrie is out 3-6 weeks on a bum knee.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:16 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Luckily Quinn Cook has proven a very capable backup, though of course he’s no Curry. But situations like this is why I cringe when other Warrior fans guarantee another championship during the regular season. Anything can happen in sports and nothing is guaranteed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball