Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2018, 08:47 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sorry raptor fans, the Cavs have their number.

And as per usual, the Cavs are starting to peak once again in the post season.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lebron-...043042564.html
Yeah, that was disappointing. But so have the last 8 games been for the Raps. After spending 69 games with a top 5 defense, they've ranked 29th in the last 8. Possibly fatigue affecting the young bench. But last night's loss sure makes tonight's tilt with Boston more important.

Thankfully, the Jays were on at the same time and provided a more pleasant viewing alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
All streaks must end
Injuries have killed my spurs this year, best they can do is 49 wins, ending their 50+ win season streaks.

Was bound to happen eventually
I called this before the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
Both my teams play tonight. Warriors and Thunder at Chesapeake Energy Arena. I don't care who wins, so long as it's a good game.
Foul trouble and the fall for Steven Adams really hurt the Thunder last night. He looks like their most important player. It's sad to see Melo at this stage of his career. He never developed the savvy to work as his athleticism wanes. This Thunder team lacks identity. I'll be surprised to see them in round 2.

The Warriors' spare parts were effective--it's helpful when you have Durant, Green, and Klay to anchor them. Other than the 3 stars, there were just 2 team turnovers--a sign that these guys are getting locked in. KD's shooting results ended poor, but I think he played a great game offensively. He assumed the scoring mantle, and got to the line when the team was struggling. Draymond had a very Draymond floor game, making appearances all over the court. He looks like the rest has helped his body. Klay played a confident game on both ends. His shots will fall. I was happy to see Bell get involved. He looked like the pre-ankle injury rookie again tonight. He is going to learn some painful lessons about not biting on fakes in the playoffs, but he'll get minutes. The Warriors have been capable of grinding out wins in the last few years, and this was the kind of game that called for grinding effort--defending as a team, fighting for rebounds, staying physical. It helps that the Warriors' average height last night was probably 6'9".

Old 04-04-2018, 10:31 AM

10,725 posts, read 4,333,152 times
11 in a row for Philly, absolutely annihilated the Nets.
But the 2nd leg of their back-to-back is @ Detroit, and those guys are on a 5 game winning-streak of their own.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:54 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I called this before the season.
meeehhh kawhi doesnt miss the entire season and the spurs are easily a 50 win season so unless you predicted the massive injury issues they have faced, you only predicted it out of haterade.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:28 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
meeehhh kawhi doesnt miss the entire season and the spurs are easily a 50 win season so unless you predicted the massive injury issues they have faced, you only predicted it out of haterade.
What I didn't predict this year was LMA having a career year & Rudy Gay being a plus player under Pop. Kawhi was clearly facing injury issues before the regular season started. Age-related decline from Manu & Parker was predictable. Parker is coming back from a quad rupture.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
What I didn't predict this year was LMA having a career year & Rudy Gay being a plus player under Pop. Kawhi was clearly facing injury issues before the regular season started. Age-related decline from Manu & Parker was predictable. Parker is coming back from a quad rupture.
again, the haterade flows.

kawhi, nobody expected him to miss even more than a few games. not kawhi, not the spurs, nobody.
even at the same level we have seen aldridge the last couple of years teamed up with kawhi the spurs are a 50+ win season.

its ok, we all know your bias though so no worries, no need to try to explain any further.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:42 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
11 in a row for Philly, absolutely annihilated the Nets.
But the 2nd leg of their back-to-back is @ Detroit, and those guys are on a 5 game winning-streak of their own.
I'm not saying much... I just want it to keep going.

Now at 12...

#trusttheprocess

Old 04-04-2018, 08:28 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
The spurs currently 5th in a competitive west as some sort of "negative" after losing their best player for the year?

Heck, they have only 3 fewer wins that the Cavs that have had Lebron all season.

WTF???????????????

Old 04-04-2018, 08:32 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I'm not saying much... I just want it to keep going.

Now at 12...

#trusttheprocess
I love, love, love seeing teams climb back up.

GS was a constant "who?" for a long time so great to see teams like Toronto, 76ers etc. at least make some noise.

Celts have made noise too, but they've not been down so long.

Lakers made a breakthrough to respecability this year, perhaps they can use that to attract some free agents.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:35 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Will have to watch Cavs vs Sixers Friday as that could decide the 3 seed. The Sixers have went from “joke” to “maybe a good team in the future” to “arrived” about as quickly as any team I’ve seen. Could they win 60 games if everyone stays mostly healthy an entire season?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball