U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-26-2017, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Bronx, New York
3,192 posts, read 6,354,781 times
Reputation: 1292

Advertisements

College Basketball is looking more weak and weak, with the one-and-done phenomena. BUT.....Here's Scatman's All-America:
F: Bonzi Colson, Notre Dame
F: Miles Bridges, Michigan State
F/C: Angel Delgado, Seton Hall
G: Alonzo Trier, Arizona
G: Jalen Brunson, Villanova

Second Team:
F: Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
G/F: Trevon Bluiett, Xavier
C: Jock Landale, St. Mary's
G: Grayson Allen, Duke
G: Landry Shamet, Wichita State

And yes, I like the above guards over Joel Berry, now all by his Carolina lonesome with no Jackson or Meeks!

Not All-America, but fun backcourt to watch: Shamorie Pounds and Marcus Lovett, St. John's.

I don't think I can pick my Final Four teams. I'll think about that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-26-2017, 02:21 PM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,068,989 times
Reputation: 6387
Good time to be a Duke fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2017, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Bronx, New York
3,192 posts, read 6,354,781 times
Reputation: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Good time to be a Duke fan.
Until Grayson Allen decides to put his foot in someone else's nuts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2017, 08:11 AM
 
929 posts, read 298,228 times
Reputation: 799
You can make a case for UNC's Joel Berry, and I think Blueitt could be National Player of the Year. But this is a difficult exercise with all the one-and-dones, as well as so many teams and players...makes it hard for the most ardent fan to familiarize him/herself with the college basketball landscape until about mid February. All the same, looking forward to the start of basketball season in about three weeks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2017, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Research Triangle Area, NC
3,782 posts, read 2,588,754 times
Reputation: 5489
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Until Grayson Allen decides to put his foot in someone else's nuts!
Yeah as angry as I am at Barry for breaking his hand throwing a hissy fit over a video game...at least he hasn't taken that level of immaturity to the court like Grayson!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2017, 12:17 AM
 
32,530 posts, read 26,432,747 times
Reputation: 19170
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
College Basketball is looking more weak and weak, with the one-and-done phenomena. BUT.....Here's Scatman's All-America:
F: Bonzi Colson, Notre Dame
F: Miles Bridges, Michigan State
F/C: Angel Delgado, Seton Hall
G: Alonzo Trier, Arizona
G: Jalen Brunson, Villanova

Second Team:
F: Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
G/F: Trevon Bluiett, Xavier
C: Jock Landale, St. Mary's
G: Grayson Allen, Duke
G: Landry Shamet, Wichita State

And yes, I like the above guards over Joel Berry, now all by his Carolina lonesome with no Jackson or Meeks!

Not All-America, but fun backcourt to watch: Shamorie Pounds and Marcus Lovett, St. John's.

I don't think I can pick my Final Four teams. I'll think about that!
another wildcat from arizona you might want to keep a close eye on is freshman deandre ayton, and another would be sophomre rawle alkins. these two are looking good this year so far, and should be forces to be reckoned with as the season progresses. ayton could probably play in the pros now, so chances are he is a one and done player.

ayton has been names to the karl malone award watch list, and alkins has been named to the julius irving award watch list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2017, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Bronx, New York
3,192 posts, read 6,354,781 times
Reputation: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
another wildcat from arizona you might want to keep a close eye on is freshman deandre ayton, and another would be sophomre rawle alkins. these two are looking good this year so far, and should be forces to be reckoned with as the season progresses. ayton could probably play in the pros now, so chances are he is a one and done player.

ayton has been names to the karl malone award watch list, and alkins has been named to the julius irving award watch list.
I'm from NY, and I know Rawle from Christ The King!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2017, 01:33 PM
 
929 posts, read 298,228 times
Reputation: 799
Some frosh will probably crack that list as well; the Mizzou stud, or perhaps someone from Kansas or Kentucky (most of us will learn the names once about February hits),
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2017, 07:48 AM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,068,989 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Until Grayson Allen decides to put his foot in someone else's nuts!
I like the feistiness...Laettner is my favorite college player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top