U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lakers or Sixers-- who wins a chip first?
Lakers 10 50.00%
Sixers 9 45.00%
Neither team will win one by 2032 (next 15 seasons) 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 03:00 PM

1,742 posts, read 5,001,884 times

Advertisements

I’m going to say the Lakers. Not to get Lavar too excited, but I see Lonzo being the one to lead them to a championship even if Lebron joins the team. I just don’t see how a team can realistically be assembled to be better than the Warriors for next few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 11:22 AM

448 posts, read 421,960 times
I'm sorry to say that the next team to win between the two is really up to the 76ers. One big issue for the Lakers that fans seem to ignore is that the Lakers have a tumor that is growing into a cancer by the name of Lavar Ball. And unfortunately, the only scenario I see where the Lakers make a quick turnaround is one where Lonzo is so mediocre that the team will flip him in a few years or so bad that they will drop him.

This is by no means an indictment on Lonzo. Poor kid has no choice in who his father is and I'm afraid he doesn't have the cojones to tell him to shut up. But Lavar's priorities are clearly: 1) himself; 2) Lavar; 3) the Lakers. I can't imagine one scenario where Lavar becomes a positive to the team even if the team becomes very good or Lonzo's play improves.

This is the reality of the Lakers.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:31 PM

51,974 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Well, Lakers probably win >30 games this year and they're a young squad.

Ball is having a very rough rookie year in terms of FG% but that's not important just yet.

What's important is seeing if he can hit the weight room and work in the off-season to develop his shooting.

He also shoots wayyyyy too many 3-pointers.

Ball sits on a knifes edge. Adapt and flourish, or fail.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:55 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,186,467 times
Ball simply cannot shoot. Until he changes his shooting style he's doomed in the league. He could get away with that in college to some degree but no way in the nba.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:06 AM

11,679 posts, read 7,052,167 times
With the Ball family being all in to basketball for 20 years, why didn’t they fix his shot at 8 years old? I’m no pro and never worked with anyone but I was able to fix my form on my own stating at about 12. Within a few years it felt completely natural and I was one of the better shooters wherever I played.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:08 PM

The Ball family is hype. *shrug* I have no positive or negative feelings towards them. *shrug*

Old 12-11-2017, 01:52 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,052,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Ball family is hype. *shrug* I have no positive or negative feelings towards them. *shrug*
Compared to his predictions, dad is looking more like one of those “managers” they used to have in pro wrestling. A hype man to get people interested and talking. Granted, that’s how I viewed him from the beginning and thought it was funny that people spent so much time having serious discussions about what he said. How many hours have the sports shows/radio dedicated to discussing the Ball family?

Old 12-13-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Compared to his predictions, dad is looking more like one of those “managers” they used to have in pro wrestling. A hype man to get people interested and talking. Granted, that’s how I viewed him from the beginning and thought it was funny that people spent so much time having serious discussions about what he said. How many hours have the sports shows/radio dedicated to discussing the Ball family?
In fairness, it seems that he can control where his kids went to college which matters at least for 2 of the 3.

I don't know how much they're making off big baller but they're definitely cashing in to some extent on the hype.

I don't listen to sports shows and radio because honestly they're all a bunch of lavar balls.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:40 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,013,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Lakers only need to get the next two Ball boys. Then they'll win a championship behind L'Melo's ROY campaign and Lonzo's MVP campaign. And the middle guys sixth man of the year campaign.

Did you forget Levar being an asst. coach since no one can coach his sons like he can.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:44 AM

2,011 posts, read 2,013,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I used to be such a Lonzo Ball fan when he was at UCLA, and was hoping the Lakers would be able to draft him. Less than a year later, I wish we never drafted him, and it is mostly because of his dad, and the fact that Lonzo can't shoot!!

And partly because the Ball family reminds me of the no talent Kardashian family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or