Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 02:53 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,558 times

Advertisements

The Boston Celtics have gotten off to a hot start with the best record in the NBA. But, they have lost the last 2 out of the last 3 games. While the Cavs had a slow start, but they have reeled off 9 wins in a row. So, who is the best team in the East right now, the Celtics or the Cavs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 PM

451 posts, read 562,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
The Boston Celtics have gotten off to a hot start with the best record in the NBA. But, they have lost the last 2 out of the last 3 games. While the Cavs had a slow start, but they have reeled off 9 wins in a row. So, who is the best team in the East right now, the Celtics or the Cavs?
Still early to tell considering Cleveland is playing without Thomas. Yet I would imagine the Cavs will be a stronger team when he is back to full form. Regardless, the Cavs are the defending EC champs so they are the team to beat.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:47 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
I feel like people might say the Celtics just to have something controversial to discuss during the regular season...then the Cavs beat them in 5 or 6 games and everyone says the knew it would happen.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:28 AM

3,391 posts, read 2,799,972 times
Who covers Lebron????

Old 12-01-2017, 08:13 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,248,808 times
Regular season doesn't really matter, if you follow the NBA. LeBron saves his energy for the post-season. Cleveland doesn't care about getting the top seed in the East too much. As long as LeBron stays rested for the post-season, the Cavs will still easily roll to the Finals again. He is pretty much unstoppable in the playoffs.

Old 12-01-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I feel like people might say the Celtics just to have something controversial to discuss during the regular season...then the Cavs beat them in 5 or 6 games and everyone says the knew it would happen.
Or, they'll say the East is weak.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:53 AM

4,684 posts, read 6,132,633 times
This question usually can only be accurately answered in March/April as to who is playing the best and healthiest going into the playoffs. Once IT comes back, I dont think Boston will beat Cleveland.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
This question usually can only be accurately answered in March/April as to who is playing the best and healthiest going into the playoffs. Once IT comes back, I dont think Boston will beat Cleveland.
I agree that you can't really judge teams until March and April. That's when you can really see which teams are true contenders, but a lot of people get so sidetracked by how teams start. But, as the old saying goes, "It's not how you start, but how you finish." I think people get caught up with it because Golden State has had huge starts in the last few years and won 2 titles. But, sometimes a fast start doesn't always lead to a title. And, I don't think the Cavs should be judged until the whole team is healthy.

Old 12-01-2017, 11:40 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,618,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I'm not positive Boston could beat them in 7 games were it played starting right now. I think this Boston team is better and this Cleveland team is worse than last year, but I wouldn't take Boston in 7 yet...

Both have run off 10+ winning streaks in this early season. Both are contenders...

Old 12-01-2017, 11:43 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,459,162 times
Unfortunately with all the players jockeying to create the next "Super team" it has made the regular season all but completely irrelevant. Sure, you'll still get a couple of games a year you'll watch: Christmas day games, whenever the Warriors & Thunder play, Cavs vs. Warriors, Cavs vs. Celtics vs. Wizards vs. Raptors, occasional Sixers games to see how the "process" is going, but really if you cut 30 games off the regular season I don't think many people would care all that much.

As for the question at hand: It's the Cavs until someone beats them when it matters.....in the playoffs. Maybe this year it's the Celtics or even Wizards or Raptors (doubtful of those 2 though) but if you wanted any proof on how irrelevant the regular season has become just look at the 2016-17 Cavs. I guess the Celtics were "better" for 82 games since they won the East, but when the games really mattered, Eastern Conference Final, the Cavs stole the Celtics lunch money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball