U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 02:09 PM

1,254 posts, read 645,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Not exactly, but I'd enjoy watching it anyway. The NBA has worked overtime to downplay competitive rivalries, and rematches are more interesting than new finalists every season. But I'd rather see 2 new teams in the Finals (which is unlikely in the short term).
Ok, what would be a new match-up that you would like to see in The Finals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 02:34 PM

52,095 posts, read 41,919,559 times
I'm going to watch no matter what but to be honest, some fresh faces would be welcome like Hou-Boston for example.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:19 PM

1,618 posts, read 1,597,805 times
I think Houston/San Antonio vs Boston would be a good matchup.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:25 PM

8,563 posts, read 8,903,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I think Houston/San Antonio vs Boston would be a good matchup.
San Antonio ias done.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:15 AM

11,680 posts, read 7,072,578 times
People will watch but if the Warriors win in 5 or 6 this will feel like a wasted season...it will be a 3rd season where the outcome was predictable before the season started (Cavs win the east and Warriors do their thing).

Old 03-14-2018, 09:49 PM

498 posts, read 143,001 times
I would like to see the Warriors repeat this year. Their first attempt at repeating fell short. Last year, the Warriors literally waltzed their way to redemption against the Cavs. No that they have gotten their redemption, I would like to see someone challenge the Warriors in the playoffs this year. As much as I love Golden State, it wouldn't be any fun if they just breeze through the playoffs every year. In terms of who I would like to see them face in the Finals, I would like the Warriors to face either the Toronto Raptors or the Boston Celtics. Those are the two best teams in the East, and they would definitely give the Warriors a fight in the Finals. I will not count out the Rockets in the West though. The Warriors will likely win the series against Houston at full strength, but they definitely won't sweep the Rockets. I'd say the Warriors would defeat Houston in six games. Then in the Finals, Golden State defeats either the Raptors or the Celtics in seven games.

With what the Cavs have been going through this season, I don't think they'll make it back to the Finals.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:51 PM

498 posts, read 143,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Warriors vs anyone is fine with me
Same here. The Raptors and Celtics would be worthy opponents for Golden State in the Finals.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:52 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,516,175 times
Everyone here would tune in. To think people will sit around and discuss everything about basketball and not even watch the finals is laughable. As to whether I think it could be a good series, let's see what Kevin Love does once he gets back. There was lots of panic this time last year when Cleveland played .500 ball for a huge chunk of the season at the end of the year, and they rolled through the east with ease.

Even though it was a 5-game series, recall we were looking at a 2-2 series had Cleveland not choked those last 2 minutes in game 3, or had Lebron been able to rest for more than 45 seconds without the Cavs blowing any lead they had.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:58 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,882,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
I would like to see the Warriors repeat this year. Their first attempt at repeating fell short. Last year, the Warriors literally waltzed their way to redemption against the Cavs. No that they have gotten their redemption, I would like to see someone challenge the Warriors in the playoffs this year. As much as I love Golden State, it wouldn't be any fun if they just breeze through the playoffs every year. In terms of who I would like to see them face in the Finals, I would like the Warriors to face either the Toronto Raptors or the Boston Celtics. Those are the two best teams in the East, and they would definitely give the Warriors a fight in the Finals. I will not count out the Rockets in the West though. The Warriors will likely win the series against Houston at full strength, but they definitely won't sweep the Rockets. I'd say the Warriors would defeat Houston in six games. Then in the Finals, Golden State defeats either the Raptors or the Celtics in seven games.

With what the Cavs have been going through this season, I don't think they'll make it back to the Finals.
I hope the Cavs get it together. LBJ is still playing at last year's level, which (imo) is the finest basketball of his impressive career.

In the West, the Warriors have two questions: health, and the Rockets. Round 4 would be great, and it's what I want to see. Cleveland-Houston would be great, too--although it is not my preference.

Old 03-15-2018, 12:33 PM

25,958 posts, read 13,487,179 times
Raptors vs anybody else would suit me just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball