U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 04:42 PM

498 posts, read 141,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I would like to see Blazers or Rockets come out of West. Lillard been playing well. Don't trust Harden, CP3 or D'antoni in playoffs but they may shock fans.

Not a Celtics fan but when they played Rockets and Warriors this year....they can hang better defensively against the West heavyweights. Cavs still have too many issues. Raps doing very well this year. Raps or Celts coming our East would be interesting.
I don't see anyone coming out of the West besides Golden State as long as they are healthy come playoff time. Should they not be healthy though, they could very well find themselves getting dethroned at the hands of the Rockets.

I would like to see the Celtics or the Raptors come out of the East. Preferably the Raptors since they've never even reached the Finals.

As a Warriors fan, I would like to see the Warriors repeat as their first attempt at doing so fell short. Nonetheless, I don't want them breezing through the playoffs this year like they did last year. Would like to see someone give them a fight and push them to six games. Then in the Finals, I'm hoping the Celtics or Raptors push them to the absolute limit: seven games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 03:44 PM

59 posts, read 35,078 times
This is Houston's year. Rockets in 6 over the Celtics.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:18 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
This is the first year in a long time where I'm actually interested in some of the games prior to the WCF or ECF and in some years....prior to the finals.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall In View Post
This is Houston's year. Rockets in 6 over the Celtics.
Only true if the Rockets can get past the Warriors. Should the Warriors be at full strength, Houston won't get past them. The Rockets will just have to hope Golden State is not at full strength once the Western Conference Finals arrive.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This is the first year in a long time where I'm actually interested in some of the games prior to the WCF or ECF and in some years....prior to the finals.
Yeah. The East is considerably stronger this year than it was last year. You've got the Raptors and the Celtics who are contenders for winning the East.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:27 PM

25,810 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbrookfan09 View Post
The east is the same however lebron has no help this year his 2nd opition kyrie is gone. However people need to learn okc is better team then warriors,heck when kd and westbrook played they had warriors 3-1 as long as okc is healthy they will win he west..
The Raps sure had no answer for Westbrook the other night. His 2-man game with Adams was unstoppable - at least that night.

They're a force to be reckoned with, especially with a weakened GS.

A Harden/Westbrook Western Final would be a treat.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:13 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,875,228 times
Quote:
The east is the same however lebron has no help this year his 2nd opition kyrie is gone. However people need to learn okc is better team then warriors,heck when kd and westbrook played they had warriors 3-1 as long as okc is healthy they will win he west..
You have a relevant username. LBJ has Kevin Love. And the combination of Hill, Hood, Clarkson, and Nance is better than Kyrie, IMO.

In the West, the Thunder are losing to a healthy Rockets team or a healthy Warriors team (if the Thunder get there). The team that went up 3-1 had a 7 foot alien scoring machine--the same guy that Warriors team didn't have. The Thunder need their opponents to be unlucky with health to have a shot at the Finals.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:36 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,048,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
You have a relevant username. LBJ has Kevin Love. And the combination of Hill, Hood, Clarkson, and Nance is better than Kyrie, IMO.

In the West, the Thunder are losing to a healthy Rockets team or a healthy Warriors team (if the Thunder get there). The team that went up 3-1 had a 7 foot alien scoring machine--the same guy that Warriors team didn't have. The Thunder need their opponents to be unlucky with health to have a shot at the Finals.
Thatís why the game is played on the court and not on discussion boards. 99.99% of people thought the Cavs had no shot down 3-1 to 73 win Warriors...or that the Thunder could go up 3-1 on the Warriors...then lose 4-3. Nobody had UMBC winning either.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:15 PM

25,810 posts, read 13,417,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Thatís why the game is played on the court and not on discussion boards. 99.99% of people thought the Cavs had no shot down 3-1 to 73 win Warriors...or that the Thunder could go up 3-1 on the Warriors...then lose 4-3. Nobody had UMBC winning either.
Or the Raptors finishing 1st in the East....

Old 03-21-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Kyrie was tired of being in LeBron's shadow. That's why he demanded to be traded. The Cavs are not as strong as they were with Irving, but they do still have Kevin Love. Love is an important player for the Cavs in his own right.

I won't forget how close the Thunder were to pulling off two major upsets that year. OKC had already defeated the 67-win Spurs, and should they have succeeded in defeating 73-win Golden State, they could've very well defeated the Cavs in the Finals. One thing for sure is that Kevin Durant would've re-signed with the Thunder if OKC had won it all that year. The Warriors lost in the Finals because Stephen Curry got injured early in the playoffs and never fully recovered. Combine that with the fact that Draymond Green couldn't keep his act together, and that's what caused their historic season to end in heartbreak. I will admit that even though I'm a huge Warriors fan, there are some things that Green does that makes me think he's childish and needs to grow up. Had the Warriors succeeded in repeating as champions in 2016, there is no way KD would've signed with them. That would be considered hopping aboard a dynasty, and Durant's reputation would've been ruined a lot more than it was when he chose to sign with Golden State in July that year. Should Golden State have won the Finals in 2016, I think KD would've either re-signed with OKC or signed with the Boston Celtics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball