U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 02:55 PM

498 posts, read 142,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
The Raptors are boring. I think most people want to see the drama from Lebron and co. Iím hoping Houston can make the West interesting. Beard vs Lebron in the finals.
We'll see what happens when the playoffs start. I think there's a good chance a fourth straight Warriors-Cavs Finals will happen. Why not have Golden State face someone else from the East for once? At least the Rockets will give the Warriors a fight in the Western Conference Finals, even if Golden State still wins in the end. There's got to be someone who can give Golden State a fight in the Finals as well. Seeing it end in five games again would be no fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 03:49 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,875,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
We'll see what happens when the playoffs start. I think there's a good chance a fourth straight Warriors-Cavs Finals will happen. Why not have Golden State face someone else from the East for once? At least the Rockets will give the Warriors a fight in the Western Conference Finals, even if Golden State still wins in the end. There's got to be someone who can give Golden State a fight in the Finals as well. Seeing it end in five games again would be no fun.
The Raps have the point differential of a contender. The Cavs still have LBJ and have been on a tear for the last 10 games (granted, they've played some very bad teams, a couple good ones, and a couple middling ones). The WCF will be tough, if Curry's back and healthyish.

Old 04-05-2018, 05:17 PM

498 posts, read 142,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
The Raps have the point differential of a contender. The Cavs still have LBJ and have been on a tear for the last 10 games (granted, they've played some very bad teams, a couple good ones, and a couple middling ones). The WCF will be tough, if Curry's back and healthyish.
They do, but the Cavs are the team to beat in the East until someone can dethrone them. The Western Conference Finals will indeed be tough, but it will be a lot tougher for the Warriors without Steph. Curry is their most important player. Without him, Golden State is just not the same.

Old 04-05-2018, 06:37 PM

25,828 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
They do, but the Cavs are the team to beat in the East until someone can dethrone them. The Western Conference Finals will indeed be tough, but it will be a lot tougher for the Warriors without Steph. Curry is their most important player. Without him, Golden State is just not the same.
This is the first time in a few years the Finals weren't predictable with a 90% degree of accuracy in February.

I like it.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:36 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,050,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This is the first time in a few years the Finals weren't predictable with a 90% degree of accuracy in February.

I like it.
I hope for unpredictability, but wonít be surprised if Rockets just canít replicate their regular season success and lose 4-2 to Warriors. Then we see a repeat of 2017 finals. We might be scratching our heads thinking why did I believe things would be different?

To me the only question is how good is Houston? Raptors might win a game or two against Cavs, but Cavs win. I donít see the talent of GS losing to Cavs in the finals. Not so sure about the Rockets though. Perhaps they catch fire against GS and get scared in the finals.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:16 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,875,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I hope for unpredictability, but wonít be surprised if Rockets just canít replicate their regular season success and lose 4-2 to Warriors. Then we see a repeat of 2017 finals. We might be scratching our heads thinking why did I believe things would be different?

To me the only question is how good is Houston? Raptors might win a game or two against Cavs, but Cavs win. I donít see the talent of GS losing to Cavs in the finals. Not so sure about the Rockets though. Perhaps they catch fire against GS and get scared in the finals.
The Rockets are a great team. It takes a great team to win 60 games in the NBA, especially with the injuries they've had. They can beat anyone in a 7 game series. If Curry is at 85%+, the WCF is going to be tough for both teams.

The Raps are playing the regular season like a team ready to go the distance.

I thought LBJ might have been playing the best basketball of his career last year. And now he's doing it again. Cavs-Raps should be great.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:23 PM

3,791 posts, read 1,378,827 times
I would like to see part 4 because the outcome will either be the warriors being denied the start of a dynasty or lebron losing in the NBA Finals for the 6th time.

The worst NBA Finals matchup for me would be Houston vs Toronto

Old 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM

25,828 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I would like to see part 4 because the outcome will either be the warriors being denied the start of a dynasty or lebron losing in the NBA Finals for the 6th time.

The worst NBA Finals matchup for me would be Houston vs Toronto
Toronto vs Anybody in the Final is the US media's nightmare.

I sure hope it happens.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:41 PM

3,791 posts, read 1,378,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Toronto vs Anybody in the Final is the US media's nightmare.

I sure hope it happens.

Yes the media does not want Toronto in the Finals lol

Old 04-08-2018, 09:20 PM

7,231 posts, read 8,237,914 times
I'm hoping for Toronto vs Utah so the Colin Cowherd/Skip Bayless types have their heads explode when they realize they have no more LeBron material to cover and they are forced to talk about two teams they know absolutely nothing about. Oh who am I kidding, they'll find a way.

Doesn't really matter though, it will very likely be Cleveland vs Golden State again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball