Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 01:40 PM

525 posts, read 279,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Raptors vs anybody else would suit me just fine.
A Raptors vs Warriors Finals would definitely be fun to watch. Toronto would for sure be a challenge for Golden State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I hope the Cavs get it together. LBJ is still playing at last year's level, which (imo) is the finest basketball of his impressive career.

In the West, the Warriors have two questions: health, and the Rockets. Round 4 would be great, and it's what I want to see. Cleveland-Houston would be great, too--although it is not my preference.
There is a chance that Cleveland won't get it together in time for the playoffs. Building chemistry takes time. That being said, LeBron for sure has no signs of slowing down, even at age 33. However, he will need help if he hopes to get the Cavs back to the Finals.

Right now the Warriors are pretty banged up. Stephen Curry has an ankle injury, and Klay Thompson has a broken right thumb. Neither of these injuries are considered serious, but it would be wise to be cautious at this point in the season. Golden State will need to be nothing less than full strength come playoff time if they want to defeat Houston. Otherwise, we will see the Warriors getting dethroned at the hands of the Rockets.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:17 AM

5,822 posts, read 5,630,594 times
If always rather see Lebron over the Warriors, but as a fan, I'm not interested in seeing him lose again. He's too great of a player to have so many stains on his Finals record, especially given the level of his play and the level of competition in most of his Finals losses; unquestionably, Lebron has performed at otherworldly levels versus A+ competition in most of his 8 Finals appearances. I'd rather he lose in the postseason than to make the Finals again and lose...

I'm cool with seeing new blood...

Old 03-16-2018, 07:34 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
The only way I want to see Cleveland vs Golden State Part 4, is if it goes 7 games. If it's a 4 or 5 game series, no thank you.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:36 PM

43 posts, read 27,830 times
Cavs will not exit the division finals, let alone quarter finals

Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 AM

86 posts, read 62,575 times
I'm really rooting for a Toronto vs Golden State Finals. I am originally from the Bay Area and was going to Warrior games in the 70's when they had Rick Barry, Jamaal (Keith) Wilkes, Phil Smith and Butch Beard, etc. I even went to the Rick Barry Basketball camp a couple of times when I was a kid. I still root for them, but have really become a fan of this Raptors team, going back 5 or so years. They have 2 legit stars in DeRozan and Lowry and I very much appreciate that they both re-signed with Toronto. They have unbelievable fans and are such a fun team to watch. I thought they under-performed for a few years and really thought they needed a coaching change. They seemed to always lose that first home game in their playoff series, which I believe comes down to coaching. Casey has done a great job with this team though. I think it's their year to get to the Finals. I really like some of their other players like Norman Powell, JV and CJ Miles. Fred VanVleet is one of my new favorites. This is a deep team. They have played well against the Rockets, but I'm really rooting for Raptors - Warriors. I'm tired of the LeBron show.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:00 AM

796 posts, read 505,279 times
I would like to see Blazers or Rockets come out of West. Lillard been playing well. Don't trust Harden, CP3 or D'antoni in playoffs but they may shock fans.

Not a Celtics fan but when they played Rockets and Warriors this year....they can hang better defensively against the West heavyweights. Cavs still have too many issues. Raps doing very well this year. Raps or Celts coming our East would be interesting.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanip View Post
Not interested in seeing Cleveland in the Finals. I'd like to see Golden State get back though.
Same here.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
The only way I want to see Cleveland vs Golden State Part 4, is if it goes 7 games. If it's a 4 or 5 game series, no thank you.
Same. At the very least six games.

Old 03-18-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlewsTheGoat View Post
I'm really rooting for a Toronto vs Golden State Finals. I am originally from the Bay Area and was going to Warrior games in the 70's when they had Rick Barry, Jamaal (Keith) Wilkes, Phil Smith and Butch Beard, etc. I even went to the Rick Barry Basketball camp a couple of times when I was a kid. I still root for them, but have really become a fan of this Raptors team, going back 5 or so years. They have 2 legit stars in DeRozan and Lowry and I very much appreciate that they both re-signed with Toronto. They have unbelievable fans and are such a fun team to watch. I thought they under-performed for a few years and really thought they needed a coaching change. They seemed to always lose that first home game in their playoff series, which I believe comes down to coaching. Casey has done a great job with this team though. I think it's their year to get to the Finals. I really like some of their other players like Norman Powell, JV and CJ Miles. Fred VanVleet is one of my new favorites. This is a deep team. They have played well against the Rockets, but I'm really rooting for Raptors - Warriors. I'm tired of the LeBron show.
A Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors Finals would be a lot of fun to watch. I would like to see Toronto get to the Finals as they've never been there before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball