U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 07:57 PM

7,228 posts, read 8,237,914 times

Advertisements

Howdy everyone, hope you all had a good Easter. Now that the sweet sixteen is set, I'd thought I'd ask some questions to see how everyones doing with their brackets. So lets start.

1. What team(s) are you surprised to see in the sweet sixteen?

2. What has been the best game so far?

3. For you personally, Is this years tournament more exciting or less exciting than last years?

4. Who as of now, has the easiest road to the final four?

5. Who has the toughest?

6. What has been your most memorable moment or favorite moment of the tournament so far? And to make it more interesting, lets leave Duke losing out since I'm sure most of would put that.

7. So far all #1 seeds are still alive, will they all advance into the final four? if not who will be first to go?

And Finally:

Is your pick to win it still in it?

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 03-23-2008 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 08:27 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,457,615 times
1. What team(s) are you surprised to see in the sweet sixteen?- Western Kentucky

Western Kentucky vs. Drake game,it was very exciting

3. For you personally, Is this years tournament more exciting or less exciting than last years?
more exciting this year than last

Kansas

5. Who has the toughest?
Memphis

6. What has been your most memorable moment or favorite moment of the tournament so far? And to make it more interesting, lets leave Duke losing out since I'm sure most of would put that.

San Diego beating UCONN

7. So far all #1 seeds are still alive, will they all advance into the final four? if not who will be first to go? I think Memphis might go first.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:50 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,522,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Howdy everyone, hope you all had a good Easter. Now that the sweet sixteen is set, I'd thought I'd ask some questions to see how everyones doing with their brackets. So lets start.

1. What team(s) are you surprised to see in the sweet sixteen? Davidson, Western Kentucky,

2. What has been the best game so far? Davidson vs. GTown, Western Ky vs. Drake and U Conn vs. San Diego

3. For you personally, Is this years tournament more exciting or less exciting than last years? Way more exciting....lots of games coming down to the wire

4. Who as of now, has the easiest road to the final four? UCLA

5. Who has the toughest? UNC

6. What has been your most memorable moment or favorite moment of the tournament so far? And to make it more interesting, lets leave Duke losing out since I'm sure most of would put that. Davidson knocking out G Town! Love my Heels but Davidson is a hometown team and it was so much fun to watch them this weekend!

7. So far all #1 seeds are still alive, will they all advance into the final four? if not who will be first to go? I think they all go.

And Finally:

Is your pick to win it still in it? Absolutely! Go 'Heels!!!!!!
What a great tournament so far! Some very exciting games! The 'Heels look great with Lawson back healthy so I'm ready for the sweet 16!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 AM

792 posts, read 2,903,745 times
I was devastated by Butler's loss to Tennesee, particularly since Butler is graduating most of its key players from these last two amazing years and because of the manner that they lost. I've never seen a team miss so many gimmes within five feet of the basket. Mike Green was conference player of the year and had a terrific career, but played like a freshman at times yesterday. A great run by LEGITIMATE scholar-athletes who were a joy to watch and never got their due from the national media. The fact that they were somehow ignored in the pre-season top 25 with basically all the same key players back from last year's squad that earned a five seed and was tied with mighty Florida with 3 minutes left in last year's sweet 16, was utterly incomprehensible. A #7 seed playing in Birmingham vs lower seeded S Alabama and Tennessee was a crock too- maybe if Butler received the better seed that they earned, they would be still playing, but oh well, all you can do is go out and play the game.
West Virginia I had advancing past Duke- of course the small-minded Vitales of the world actually think this is a shock. Most others who don't suck up to Duke clearly saw a team before this tourney began that did not merit a 2 seed and wouldn't be around very long. West Virginia always seems to have a successful deep run when they do make the field- I only wish Huggins was not now the coach- this was another team I really enjoyed watch play in recent years when Belein was the coach. It is nauseating how the press goes in a frenzy when Duke is grounded. What happened? They simply weren't all that good, period. Where was this same coverage of two other premier programs, UConn and Indiana? If you want to talk about successful programs that have been under-achieving and played AWFUL first rd games, they deserve more pub than Duke.
Davidson is now this year's amazing story. I'm not surprised they reached the sweet 16, but am shocked how far behind they were in two games and managed to come back each time. Its not out of the question that they can become another George Mason. They match up well with Wisconsin and while Kansas still needs to get by Nova and has looked perfectly capable of winning a championship in the first two rounds, something still is amiss about Kansas that leaves a negative feeling in my gut about their consistency.
Picked Siena, not that shcoked by Western Kentucky given their draw. Basically my biggest personal surprise has to be the one game that ruined my entire bracket" Villanova beating Clemson. Clemson was my final 4 darkhorse pick: I knew it was risky and Clemson is erractic, but I took the chance and got burned. But I really thought they were good for two wins anyways and didn't see Nova doing a thing.
Beyond that, I wouldn't rule out anyone from the Houston bracket, while I have a hard time not believing UNC and UCLA are destined for San Antonio. I picked UCLA to win it all exactly because of what transpired in the Texas A&M game: it might not be pretty, but Collison is the most clutch player I've seen in years and combined w/ Love gives UCLA the most important element of a successful tourney team: the ability to manufacture baskets when a team is light years from playing its "A" game.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:12 PM

321 posts, read 919,767 times
1. What team(s) are you surprised to see in the sweet sixteen?
I would say Davidson is really the only surprise. Not my only miss, but the only true surprise.

Lots of them! San Diego/UConn, Butler/Tennessee, Davidson/G'town, Duke/Belmont, UCLA/TA&M...

More

Kansas

5. Who has the toughest?
Memphis

UConn's loss, becuase I was in a crowded establishment enjoying a cold beverage when it all went down.

7. So far all #1 seeds are still alive, will they all advance into the final four? if not who will be first to go?
No. Memphis.

And Finally:

Is your pick to win it still in it?

Yes! UCLA.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:02 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,844,030 times
1. What team(s) are you surprised to see in the sweet sixteen? Villanova, Western Kentucky

2. What has been the best game so far? Butler vs. Tennessee, and also Duke vs. Belmont eventhough the ending SUCKED.
3. For you personally, Is this years tournament more exciting or less exciting than last years? More exciting

4. Who as of now, has the easiest road to the final four? UCLA because they have all the REFEREES on their payroll!! It's hard to beat a great team with extra zebras on the roster. Before all of you UCLA fans starting whining, go watch the tapes, too many coincidences, your team is paying referees!!

5. Who has the toughest? Memphis

6. What has been your most memorable moment or favorite moment of the tournament so far? And to make it more interesting, lets leave Duke losing out since I'm sure most of would put that. Davidson beating Georgetown.

7. So far all #1 seeds are still alive, will they all advance into the final four? if not who will be first to go? No. Memphis

And Finally:

Is your pick to win it still in it? DA North Carolina Tar Heels unless we get UCLA in the final, and well..... You know the Zebras would give them the freaking game, if you can't call a foul on a dude getting hacked on both arms/wrists, clear as day, you won't call anything.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:37 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,459,882 times
-------Is your pick to win still in it---

Yes--------all my Final Four teams are still in--(NC,Wisconson, Texas and UCLA)

the first round is over and where you stand in the "bracket game" means nothing.
It all boils down to this weekend (when the points get higher for correct picks) If all your Final Four teams make it, you rise up fast in the bracket contests.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:40 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,522,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

the first round is over and where you stand in the "bracket game" means nothing.
It all boils down to this weekend (when the points get higher for correct picks) If all your Final Four teams make it, you rise up fast in the bracket contests.
That's my only hope. 3 of my 4 are still in it and I'm sure my final 2 will make it (NC and UCLA). And I have faith my 'Heels will take it home this year. I'm the only one in our office who picked them to win it so I'll be just fine.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:06 AM

321 posts, read 919,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

Here's hoping... all 4 of mine are still alive! Seven of my elite eight are still in, too... but we'll see how that goes.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:27 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,320,008 times
When is the last time the Final Four featured all #1 seeds? That's what has shaped up in men's college basketball, although #10 Davidson almost snuck in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball