U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 04:39 PM

2,150 posts, read 2,628,385 times

Advertisements

From bad to worse?

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says he's to blame for keeping former employee

And then the guy admits to tanking and instructing his team to do so.

Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavericks owner, fined $600,000 for tanking comments

Will be interesting to see what repercussions Mark faces aside from a fine for both of these major transgressions. Wonder if he'll be quickly forgiven or persecuted like Jerry Richardson in the NFL for what most would call actions significantly less detrimental to the league they represent or franchise and it's employees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,436,423 times
The SI article was pretty damning...I find it impossible to believe he didn’t know something was going on. Lost a lot of respect for him and the organization after reading that.

Old 02-21-2018, 08:02 PM

2,150 posts, read 2,628,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The SI article was pretty damning...I find it impossible to believe he didnít know something was going on. Lost a lot of respect for him and the organization after reading that.
Agreed. He absolutely does not strike me as anything BUT thorough. So for him to say he didn't know or didn't check it out, I call BS. I think back in those years it was a much different time than today and now he's finding that out. I did really like him as an outspoken owner, who was frank and built his fortune from nothing, I could respect that. Still respect what he's accomplished, but this takes a lot of luster from him as a person though.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:40 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,189,497 times
Cuban is a control freak. No way on earth he didn't know and honestly given the arrogant jerk that he is, participated. The culture of an organization starts at the very top and filters down.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,879,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
Agreed. He absolutely does not strike me as anything BUT thorough. So for him to say he didn't know or didn't check it out, I call BS. I think back in those years it was a much different time than today and now he's finding that out. I did really like him as an outspoken owner, who was frank and built his fortune from nothing, I could respect that. Still respect what he's accomplished, but this takes a lot of luster from him as a person though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Cuban is a control freak. No way on earth he didn't know and honestly given the arrogant jerk that he is, participated. The culture of an organization starts at the very top and filters down.
I could very much see him not checking it out. He probably didn't think he had to care. It seems likely that it came to his attention--I mean, he has admitted as much. I don't see anything particularly respectable about an outspoken team owner. The NBA's product is always made by players and coaches. The owners are just the ones affected by the team balance sheets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or