U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2018, 11:28 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,047 times

Advertisements

The corner with Virginia and Arizona was surprising, but I felt good about a Michigan run after they crushed the big 10. The hard pick for me was between Duke and Kansas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 12:18 PM

929 posts, read 296,392 times
Still have all four of mine, although I am not confident with Purdue, especially matched-up against Nova without Haas. I am not too confident with Michigan ither: I am 50/50 on them beating A&M. Duke and Kentucky are sitting pretty; I am surprised I haven't seen other Kentucky picks; I don't think UVA nor Arizona should have been such popular picks and agree with rarog's statement.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:59 PM

3,169 posts, read 4,636,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Still have all four of mine, although I am not confident with Purdue, especially matched-up against Nova without Haas. I am not too confident with Michigan ither: I am 50/50 on them beating A&M. Duke and Kentucky are sitting pretty; I am surprised I haven't seen other Kentucky picks; I don't think UVA nor Arizona should have been such popular picks and agree with rarog's statement.

Michigan's run in the big 10 impressed me enough to have them in the championship with Purdue. Michigan will have to up their game if they expect to advance much farther. I too thought Arizona was overhyped and did pick the Buffalo "upset". I really blew it with not picking Kentucky.

Right now my picks for the championship game don't look too good. Right NOW (based on how every team his playing and who they're playing) I would expect to see Kansas (because I can't get myself to root for Duke) and Kentucky advancing to the championship. I'm really hoping though for my original pick of Nevada to get past this Loyola-Chicago game and then Kentucky to get to the final four.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:58 PM

2,834 posts, read 1,774,625 times
Zags, Nova, Duke left for me. Zona washed out.

I love Duke with the Duke/Cuse matchup.

I actually like all three with what is left but I think the Nova/WVU matchup will be a great game and the Zags while teams have faltered in that bracket FSU, Michigan and A&M are all playing well.

Old 03-20-2018, 02:10 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,148,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Zags, Nova, Duke left for me. Zona washed out.

I actually like all three with what is left but I think the Nova/WVU matchup will be a great game and the Zags while teams have faltered in that bracket FSU, Michigan and A&M are all playing well.
A&M looked pretty scary to me that big kid is a tough match up for any team

WVU is hot right now and the Nova matchup will be a tough game either way

if Nova get by I think a Duke/Nova game could be whether the dukies can stay in control 9head cases) if Nova can break them mentally they win going away else a crap shoot

Old 03-20-2018, 04:22 PM

5,271 posts, read 3,313,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I would agree, having watched the Syracuse @ Duke game on TV earlier this season where Duke won 60-44.

The thing about this rematch is watching a 2-3 zone defense play another 2-3 zone defense (although Duke's zone is slightly different than Syracuse's), is like watching paint dry or grass grow.

In that game in Cameron the halftime score was 27-16, !

I'm not a sports bettor, but I would pick Kentucky and Duke as "near locks" to win their Sweet 16 games. Watch, both will lose.

Last edited by cjseliga; 03-20-2018 at 04:46 PM..

Old 03-20-2018, 04:52 PM

3,169 posts, read 4,636,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I would agree, having watched the Syracuse @ Duke game on TV earlier this season where Duke won 60-44.

The thing about this rematch is watching a 2-3 zone defense play another 2-3 zone defense (although Duke's zone is slightly different than Syracuse's), is like watching paint dry or grass grow.

In that game in Cameron the halftime score was 27-16, !

I'm not a sports bettor, but I would pick Kentucky and Duke as "near locks" to win their Sweet 16 games. Watch, both will lose.

NOTHING is a lock this tournament as we all know. Damn this is fun.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:21 PM

5,271 posts, read 3,313,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
NOTHING is a lock this tournament as we all know. Damn this is fun.
I wouldn't say nothing is a lock in this tournament, on the right hand side (East and Midwest Regions) I picked 7 out of the 8, with only Michigan State being wrong.

I would say the right side of the bracket has been pretty predictable for the most part. We will see if the cream does indeed rise to the top.

Last edited by cjseliga; 03-20-2018 at 05:45 PM..

Old 03-20-2018, 07:03 PM

Yeah I actually think thru much of the 2nd round until later on Sunday, the bracket wasn't as "busted" as people were making it out to be, at least if you took the South region out of it. And while we are stunned by Virginia losing to UMBC, UVA did still lose its most talented offensive threat a day before the tourney started. Arizona stood a good chance not to be alive past the round of 32. Loyola was a pretty trendy pick to do some damage.
Other than 2007 when all 4 one seeds reached the semis, chaos happens and should be expected. And even that tournament, Greg Oden and Ohio St should have been eliminated by Xavier in the second round if not for an officiating oversight at the end of regulation.

Then suddenly madness really occurred in short time: Michigan St, UNC, Cinci and Xavier the way they lost. But those were all very vulnerable teams, at least imo. The only true stunner that is very surprising was Xavier not getting at least to the Sweet 16, losing to Florida State.

Old 03-22-2018, 09:14 AM

So here we go; got 4 games I am confident of, four that are too close to call. Kentucky and Gonzaga tonight should move on. Loyola-Nevada? I lean Nevada, but tough to call. I lean Texas A&M over Michigan, but we'll see if A&M indeed has really turned a corner with its abundant talent. That game intrigues me the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or