U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 05:45 PM

5,290 posts, read 3,324,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
Game. Set. Match. A Return to Glory 55 years later.
Yeah, Kansas State being a defense minded team, when they get down 10, 15, 20 points, it's hard for them to come back. The only thing better than Kansas St. vs. Loyola, would have been UMBC vs. Loyola!

I'm not a fan of Cowherd, but being a sarcastic person myself, I really appreciate his sarcasm, here's his latest tweet:

The minute Loyola of Chicago beat Indiana State and Drake back to back earlier this year, I just knew they were different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 05:59 PM

17,312 posts, read 10,218,998 times
Kansas State not quitting, cut the lead down to 12 with plenty of time remaining.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:03 PM

929 posts, read 297,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Kansas State not quitting, cut the lead down to 12 with plenty of time remaining.
Who was the Sports Center anchor who use to make fun of that typical run in the sport of basketball that he swore was premeditated? Team A controls most of the game and builds a big lead. Inevitably Team B makes a run at the last possible moment to make you turn your head, and say, "hold on a minute". Team A then puts it back together and seals the victory.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Who was the Sports Center anchor who use to make fun of that typical run in the sport of basketball that he swore was premeditated? Team A controls most of the game and builds a big lead. Inevitably Team B makes a run at the last possible moment to make you turn your head, and say, "hold on a minute". Team A then puts it back together and seals the victory.
I don't know but he was right lol.

Loyola put an end to that run, I think it's safe to say this one's over.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 PM

Has it yet occurred to anybody yet that Loyola might legitimately win the whole dam thing?

Old 03-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Has it yet occurred to anybody yet that Loyola might legitimately win the whole dam thing?
I sure hope so! They are a true Cinderella team now.

It's been seven years since an 11 seed made it to the final four, and that VCU run in 2011 was magical also.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:18 PM

5,290 posts, read 3,324,925 times
Quote:
It would be interesting to see them play a Villanova or Duke or Kansas in the championship game. I'm not saying they would have no chance, but if they did win it all, they would almost have to play the "perfect game", and they would of course be the lowest seed ever to do so.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I sure hope so! They are a true Cinderella team now.

It's been seven years since an 11 seed made it to the final four, and that VCU run in 2011 was magical also.
But awfully good too. Make no question about it. Extremely well-coached, but it still takes terrific players as well. Butler in 2010 had Brad Stevens: but they also had Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, and great role players in Matt Howard and Ronald Nored; then still the former 3 out of those 4 in their repeat run in 2011. The Loyola program was total garbage for so many years. In the 90's I went to a few games at the old campus arena, as well as the old Rosemont. Zero atmosphere. No fans. Terrible program. Terrible facilities. Get your Sister Jean bobblehead!

Old 03-24-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
It would be interesting to see them play a Villanova or Duke or Kansas in the championship game. I'm not saying they would have no chance, but if they did win it all, they would almost have to play the "perfect game", and they would of course be the lowest seed ever to do so.
I don't think Loyola would be a big underdog at this point. Underdog against anyone remaining except perhaps Florida State. I suspect they would be a moderate underdog, but not huge, against Duke or Villanova. Villanova pitched a "perfect game" against Georgetown in 1985. It wouldn't take that and shooting 70%+ for Loyola to beat the remaining favorites.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:36 PM

Funny moment in the post-game when Porter Moser was speaking to the Loyola supporters mostly on the mic. He gave kudos to the Kansas State program and the class they demonstrated in the handshake line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or