U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 10:35 PM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times

Advertisements

Did anyone feel like Grayson Allen was trying too hard to be the hero?

For all of the excitement of the tourney - heavyweight games like Kansas - Duke have been missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 11:46 PM

17,274 posts, read 10,200,031 times
Would be nice to see Villanova and Loyola make it to Monday.

If Loyola wins, they'd be the lowest seeded team to ever win the tourney, replacing the Villanova championship team from 85!

Old 03-26-2018, 05:37 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,319,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

If Loyola wins, they'd be the lowest seeded team to ever win the tourney, replacing the Villanova championship team from 85!
All Catholic National Championship, God wins no matter what!

Old 03-26-2018, 07:30 AM

5,119 posts, read 1,822,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Well yes it was. It was my snide reply to the assertion that "the deck was stacked against Duke". saying the deck was stacked against Duke is like a guy holding 10 thru King of spades saying the deck was stacked against him because he drew the 9 of spades instead of the ace.
well if the cards analogy works for you then

Kansas was basically playing at home.
Kansas got -every- single call in OT including a non conclusive out of bounds reversal.
they fouled out 2 guys for Duke and got limited play time for Carter due to foul issues. so yes I stand by my argument that Duke had the deck stacked against them. Kansas was able to keep Bagley from being effective and Duke shot the 3 ball terrible..this was an excellent formula for Kansas to win.

Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,974,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Sister Jean has me on the Loyola Bandwagon....and I am not even Catholic !

Old 03-26-2018, 01:06 PM

71,957 posts, read 83,625,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did anyone feel like Grayson Allen was trying too hard to be the hero?

For all of the excitement of the tourney - heavyweight games like Kansas - Duke have been missing.
totally agree. The first game yesterday was so boring, not because of who won or who lost, it was just plain not played well and not exciting. I think the best game we have seen so far was the Kansas/Duke game even if the announcers were sooooooooooooooooo biased.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:38 PM

5,119 posts, read 1,822,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
totally agree. The first game yesterday was so boring, not because of who won or who lost, it was just plain not played well and not exciting. I think the best game we have seen so far was the Kansas/Duke game even if the announcers were sooooooooooooooooo biased.
good lord they were so tilted for Kansas, it was insane...they were headed for commercial break and they say "Kansas in control" even though the score at the time was 15-14 Duke....all of the replay reviews were biased towards Kansas. so clear, they knew who was setup to win

Old 03-26-2018, 02:18 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,319,740 times
It's interesting reading the tweets from Duke fans and how some believe it's just not acceptable that Coach K who has had a top 3 recruiting class each of the last 3 years, have only a single Elite 8 to show for it. Welcome to the world or is it the nightmare of Coach Calipari and Kentucky!

You pretty much have to catch lightning in a bottle in order to win a national title with a bunch of one-and-done freshman. Is there a perfect recipe, maybe, have some 5-star freshman studs, and include some junior and senior leadership thrown in there as well, a good bench doesn't hurt either.

With Duke, it seemed Allen and Bagley just didn't play that well most of the time when they were together on the court this season. I'm not going to talk about the officiating in the Duke/Kansas game, it is what it is, but I will say, Grayson did have a shot to win it at the end.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:41 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,125,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
good lord they were so tilted for Kansas, it was insane...they were headed for commercial break and they say "Kansas in control" even though the score at the time was 15-14 Duke....all of the replay reviews were biased towards Kansas. so clear, they knew who was setup to win
Unashamedly, announcers believe they need to play to the audience that is. In this case, the audience was overwhelmingly a Kansas one. Therefore, the bias was bent mostly in that direction.

Old 03-26-2018, 03:46 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,161,575 times
And to suggest that Duke and Coach K don't get an overabundance of national press and bias even is well, silly

Could say the same for Nova these days, Wright is probably the biggest coach media darling there is now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or