U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2018, 05:12 PM

5,312 posts, read 3,342,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Oh ya baby, I'm feeling this!

Lowest seeded team to ever play for the championship!
That would be cool to see, but I think Villanova is a much better team than Michigan and maybe Kansas as well. It would be interesting to see one of those two teams match up against Loyola.

Thankfully, one team scored at least 25 points in the first half!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 05:19 PM

929 posts, read 298,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That would be cool to see, but I think Villanova is a much better team than Michigan and maybe Kansas as well. It would be interesting to see one of those two teams match up against Loyola.

This has been worse less far than the UConn-Butler final in 2011. UConn was a more athletic and bigger team that actually wanted to defend that night. A lot of Butler's offensive deficiencies that night was due to UConn. Not going to say Loyola wasn't playing some stellar defense, but Michigan did nothing but stand around. I think the only thing keeping me from putting John Beilein at the top of my list of best active coaches, is I'm not sure if he is quite up there with making in-game adjustments. Let's see what he does for the second half to prove himself. But no matter what adjustments he makes, the team needs some quadruple shots of espresso; they look lethargic.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I think the only thing keeping me from putting John Beilein at the top of my list of best active coaches, is I'm not sure if he is quite up there with making in-game adjustments. Let's see what he does for the second half to prove himself. But no matter what adjustments he makes, the team needs some quadruple shots of espresso; they look lethargic.
Being an Arizona alum and fan, it's excruciatingly painful to watch Sean Miller, year after year, have very little to no in-game adjustments, so I know all about that.

It's amazing on how teams are so streaking from game to game, I watched Texas A&M, in person, go bananas against North Carolina, then their next game against Michigan, they can't hit the side of barn and Michigan was playing in "cheat mode" hitting 14 threes and 61.9% from the field and scoring 99 points in a game.

Loyola is truly on a mission from God!

Old 03-31-2018, 05:57 PM

17,352 posts, read 10,264,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post

That big guy from Michigan is something else. He carried that team and he's killing Loyola.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That big guy from Michigan is something else. He carried that team and he's killing Loyola.
It's over, Loyola ran out of gas and Michigan decided to play defense! Loyola had an amazing run and great story, but like most Cinderella's it just wasn't meant to be.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:05 PM

17,352 posts, read 10,264,229 times
I think this one's over. A valiant effort by Loyola, but their magical run is over.

Michigan turned it up when it most mattered, and the big guy came through. Loyola just crumbled physically and mentally.

Much props to them though!

Old 03-31-2018, 06:32 PM

Michigan really dodged a bullet here; result and score were no surprise- but how it got there, was. Moritz Wagner was huge. Michigan must play much better for 40 minutes, and not just 8 minutes at the end, if they have any chance of winning Monday. Loyola really seemed tired down the stretch. But Michigan having some semblance of a functional offense in the 2nd half was enough to change the tide.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:17 PM

Indeed bad news for Kansas- everybody has its average-to-bad games it escapes in order to move deep in the tourney. Villanova had their's in the regionals- not all that sharp in Boston. Out of their system. Way lighter on their feet. Cuts and passes way crisper. Nova is going to roll right thru Monday night and the Villanova campus will be chaos again for the second time in three years. Only thing I'm wondering: this isn't going to get as out of hand as Nova's semifinal win over Oklahoma in 16?

Old 03-31-2018, 07:49 PM

And 39 of 47 points via the three. Crazy. Brunson is a stud and Spellman a beast. Michigan doesn't stand a chance.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:26 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,009,154 times
Whew. Kansas is being taken to the cleaners. Didn't see this coming, maybe I should have though.

Villanova up by 20; 67-47 with 11:25 left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or