Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:14 AM

227 posts, read 1,098,389 times

Advertisements

Can the Rockets beat the Warriors in a 7 game series in the playoffs? Seems like the Rockets have more shooters and a better team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 10:34 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,030,704 times
its possible but ONLY if they hold the 1 seed

im not sold on the rockets for a couple of reasons. 1st and foremost, d'antoni is a terrible playoffs coach. he is a regular season monster though.
2nd harden and paul are both questionable in the playoffs as well.

the warriors are built for the playoffs though they are getting tired from multiple runs to the finals.

all that said, either team, rockets or warriors coming out of the west are going to murder the east to win the title. no doubt.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:48 PM

45,314 posts, read 26,855,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

im not sold on the rockets for a couple of reasons. 1st and foremost, d'antoni is a terrible playoffs coach. he is a regular season monster though.

the warriors are built for the playoffs though they are getting tired from multiple runs to the finals.

all that said, either team, rockets or warriors coming out of the west are going to murder the east to win the title. no doubt.
That's an upgrade for you...

In the past you would laugh at the possibility

Old 03-08-2018, 01:26 PM

31,937 posts, read 34,448,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
Can the Rockets beat the Warriors in a 7 game series in the playoffs? Seems like the Rockets have more shooters and a better team
Yes, they can beat the Warriors, but I doubt they will. No, they do not have more shooters nor do they have a better team.

This is a series that could possibly go 7 games. I don't see it being less than 6.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:13 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,504,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
Yes they can. If they do, it will be due to their array of long and mobile defenders, and especially because of Capela's versatility. Obviously they have a potent offense. Their defense is also respectable. The array of matchup possibilities in this series is dazzling. We will see, and if the Basketball Gods give us a healthy series, it will be epic.

Quote:

I don't think home court will make a huge difference here. Focus and execution will be big, and lineup adjustments will also be a factor.

D'Antoni has not often had quality teams. When he had quality teams in Phoenix, they were very competitive in the playoffs. This looks like the best team he has ever coached.

CP3 has been individually brilliant in almost every playoffs he has played. He had his biggest struggles against the peak Grit & Grind Grizzlies. Of course, the Clips were never as good as people hoped they would be as a team. Harden has always seen some dropoff in the playoffs. I think the #1 reason is that defenders usually are allowed more contact and defenses have had little to fear aside from Harden in Houston. I think this year will be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yes, they can beat the Warriors, but I doubt they will. No, they do not have more shooters nor do they have a better team.

This is a series that could possibly go 7 games. I don't see it being less than 6.
I think Houston has more players who are decent to good shooters. It just doesn't have shooters who are as good as the Warriors' shooters. All 3 of the Warriors' volume shooters are over 42%. Houston has no one shooting over 40%.

The Warriors have better top-end talent. Their big 4 should all play in the high 30s to low 40s in the series, and all provide big boosts to the team. Harden and Paul will probably see those kinds of minutes. I'm not sure anyone else on the Rockets will. Anderson, Gordon, and Green are all liabilities on the defensive end. Tucker, Mbah a Moute, and Nene are all very limited on the offensive end. It will be a chess match for D'Antoni to maximize those players' contributions while Kerr tries to expose their limitations.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:47 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,030,704 times
The real question is, who’s Zaza going to step under, knock down, or other wise injure and put out of the series?
Harden or Paul?

Old 03-08-2018, 05:07 PM

14,640 posts, read 14,530,105 times
Quote:
The real question is, who’s Zaza going to step under, knock down, or other wise injure and put out of the series?
Harden or Paul?
Remembering the last playoff series between the two, it’s the Warrior shooters who should be concerned.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:53 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,995,356 times
let's see if Houston can get through San Antonio first

Old 03-09-2018, 09:14 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,577,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
let's see if Houston can get through San Antonio first
San Antonio has to secure a playoff spot first. This last stretch of games is brutal for them.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:22 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,577,030 times
The Rocket can beat the Warriors. Will they is another question altogether. I'm very skeptical of their heavy isolation approach. I'm skeptical of Harden and Paul in the playoffs. I'm also very skeptical of D'Antoni as a playoff coach. I know it will be a heck of series. And I'm looking forward to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball