Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 10:10 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Ehh, weren’t the Wolves something like a 3 or 4 seed before Butler went out?
Not sure I dont follow the western conference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 10:17 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The Rockets struggling again tonight with the Wolves which confirms they are not on the level of the warriors
This didn't age well . . .

Old 04-24-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
This didn't age well . . .
Lol, they came out after the half and blew them away

Old 05-08-2018, 03:42 PM

227 posts, read 1,103,818 times
It's almost time

Old 05-10-2018, 05:17 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
IMO, barring injury, nobody is beating Curry and Thompson this year, and perhaps not for the next 2 or 3 years. Watch Thompson now when he shoots his fall-away jump shot. He starts backpedaling as soon as the ball leaves his hands--he knows it's going in.

I reiterate the stats from last year (regular season). GSW #1 in fg% at .495. Also #1 in opposing fg% AND in opposing 3pt%. Curry by far #1 in 3 pt shots made (324), and Thompson by far #2 in 3 pt shots made (268). Bradley Beal far back in 3rd place with 223.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:44 PM

Warriors will game 1 in Houston

Old 05-11-2018, 07:13 PM

525 posts, read 279,046 times
Warriors and Rockets are set to start on Monday.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:03 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
D'Antoni, Harden & Paul are all big huge question marks when it comes to the playoffs. They certainly aren't scoring 50 in a quarter on the Warriors like they did in round 1 vs. the T'Wolves, and got semi-lucky that Rubio got injured in the Jazz series. The Rockets probably win the series anyways regardless but it might be an extra game or 2 if Rubio is healthy. Houston had better hold serve at home though. I know they only played once in Oakland this year and Houston won, but that was the opening day of the year, the ring ceremony where road teams generally play well, probably pissed that they are having the ring ceremony on that specific day they are in town. I have confidence the Warriors can win in Houston, I'm not sold on the Rockets winning in Oakland. If Warriors can get out of Houston 1-1 I think they are winning the series, if the Warriors can get out of Houston 2-0 they are definitely winning the series since the Rockets won't be winning twice at Oracle.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:51 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Warriors will game 1 in Houston
I hope so . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
D'Antoni, Harden & Paul are all big huge question marks when it comes to the playoffs. They certainly aren't scoring 50 in a quarter on the Warriors like they did in round 1 vs. the T'Wolves, and got semi-lucky that Rubio got injured in the Jazz series. The Rockets probably win the series anyways regardless but it might be an extra game or 2 if Rubio is healthy. Houston had better hold serve at home though. I know they only played once in Oakland this year and Houston won, but that was the opening day of the year, the ring ceremony where road teams generally play well, probably pissed that they are having the ring ceremony on that specific day they are in town. I have confidence the Warriors can win in Houston, I'm not sold on the Rockets winning in Oakland. If Warriors can get out of Houston 1-1 I think they are winning the series, if the Warriors can get out of Houston 2-0 they are definitely winning the series since the Rockets won't be winning twice at Oracle.
Neither of these teams are who they were in October & January when they played each other in the regular season. The Warriors have totally locked in on defense, and are holding opponents to the worst shooting in the playoffs. The Rockets have finely tuned their P&R attack, and Capela has grown tremendously as a pivot in their offense & defense. There are loads of lineup moves possible between these teams, but the series will come down to who can defend the opponent's attack more consistently. I like the Warriors to do it, but it's going to be a hard fought series, and either team is capable of winning.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:24 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Rockets are done. GS may sweep them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball