U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2018, 10:06 PM

28,502 posts, read 15,458,018 times

Advertisements

I know this isn't the area for listing freebies and giveaways - but on the occasion of history being made tonight - I am giving you advance notice.

UMBC's upset of Virginia means free Little Caesars pizza on April 2

Little Caesars said it would offer a free lunch if the impossible happened.

Before the tournament, the pizza company promised every family that enters a participating store between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (local time) on April 2 and mentions the offer at the check-out counter would receive one free HOT-N-READY lunch combo.

They have got to be crapping in their pants right now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 11:07 PM

929 posts, read 297,063 times
Holy upsets! Thanks for the info. I wonder if Charlottesville folks will take advantage of this? I don't even think I have a Little Caesars in my region.

Old 03-16-2018, 11:41 PM

14,735 posts, read 10,633,607 times
Haha.... I'm in Virginia. Wonder how many here will celebrate the impossible?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:12 AM

22,331 posts, read 32,171,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know this isn't the area for listing freebies and giveaways - but on the occasion of history being made tonight - I am giving you advance notice.

UMBC's upset of Virginia means free Little Caesars pizza on April 2

Little Caesars said it would offer a free lunch if the impossible happened.

Before the tournament, the pizza company promised every family that enters a participating store between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. (local time) on April 2 and mentions the offer at the check-out counter would receive one free HOT-N-READY lunch combo.

They have got to be crapping in their pants right now...

hmm interesting

Don't think we have little ceasars here though

they should just have an April fools party on the UMBC campus with free pizza, good PR too for them

would kind of be cool if UVA came too and played a rematch

Old 03-17-2018, 01:12 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,511,805 times
Yeah... so what does "participating location" mean? The closest location would require me going a bit out of the way that Monday, and I definitely don't need a big bottle of Pepsi. I probably don't even need 4 slices of pizza either. So I think I'll just get a regular lunch that day. I've never been to little caesars. Is it any good?

Old 03-17-2018, 02:50 PM

I might be in the vicinity of two of them where I will be that Monday. I had to check on-line, as I wasn't sure there were any in my region. It's interesting they waited to announce the promotion til after 2 of the 1 vs 16 match ups occurred. Increased the odds of course it wouldn't happen, but the newer landscape of college basketball versus the old days clearly suggested this was only a matter of time before a 16 seed won.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:05 PM

9,426 posts, read 7,094,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Yeah... so what does "participating location" mean? The closest location would require me going a bit out of the way that Monday, and I definitely don't need a big bottle of Pepsi. I probably don't even need 4 slices of pizza either. So I think I'll just get a regular lunch that day. I've never been to little caesars. Is it any good?

A franchisee could theoretically not participate in the promotion. Most likely, corporate will be reimbursing the franchisees for whatever they give away.. Not at retail price, but.. A franchisee not participating would be dumb. Good press.. Bad press if people come to them and say they don't participate.

Though.. some locations are kinda prohibited from doing it. If corporate is only reimbursing $2.00 per giveaway, and it costs the store $4.00 to make it.. Like.. They're in Alaska or something.. Those are generally the places that don't participate.

As far as their food.. Meh. It's.. Cheap pizza. Very cheap. Gives me bad heartburn if I don't down a zantac before eating it.. Just like Papa Johns. I don't go out of my way for it... And kids don't know the difference, so.. Picking up a $5 pizza on the way home.. They'll eat it and enjoy it.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:05 AM

I'll play food critic for a minute on a basketball forum. The pizza is almost as gross as Virginia's offense at times. Big line right at 11:30 am, but pizzas were already made and it took about a minute only to be out the door. Deep dish style with very little pizza sauce. No flavor to any of it. Lots of cheese. Lots of dough. It's free. Don't regret it a bit even though I am anal normally about eating healthy. But I wouldn't spend a dime ever on such crappy pizza.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:40 PM

28,502 posts, read 15,458,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyCrockett View Post
I'll play food critic for a minute on a basketball forum. The pizza is almost as gross as Virginia's offense at times. Big line right at 11:30 am, but pizzas were already made and it took about a minute only to be out the door. Deep dish style with very little pizza sauce. No flavor to any of it. Lots of cheese. Lots of dough. It's free. Don't regret it a bit even though I am anal normally about eating healthy. But I wouldn't spend a dime ever on such crappy pizza.
Thanks for the first hand report.

At least they follow through...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or