Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 04:37 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times

Advertisements

I've been reading on social media and people are making jokes and taking shots at Cavs coach Tyronn Lue having to step down due to his health issues. Just like some people cheering for KD's injury, for those who make fun people's health issues and injuries are some sick a-holes for doing so. And, most of you will be the first ones looking for empathy and sympathy when you're going through something drastic. You should never wish ill will on any coach or player just so you hope your team wins. It's funny how a lot of people showed compassion for Steve Kerr when he was going through his health issues, but Lue is getting crapped on when he's going through his health issues; that's not right, that is totally classless. For those of you, who are making jokes about Coach Lue's health issues better be careful because one day the joke can be on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
As a follow-up, people who complain about players getting injured because it's going to mess up their fantasy stats disgust me. These athletes are also people, and a broken rib or a torn ACL is pretty painful.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
As a follow-up, people who complain about players getting injured because it's going to mess up their fantasy stats disgust me. These athletes are also people, and a broken rib or a torn ACL is pretty painful.
Agree wholeheartedly.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:12 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Social media is packed with teenagers and trolls.

The time I let "Ricky from the Dollar Store" or "Kevin, 7th grade phimore middle school" bother me I'll go jump in front of a bus lol.

As such, if you don't want to end up with HIV don't hang out in the park sharing needles with male prostitutes.

If you don't want to dealing with annoying, uninformed turds that are younger than some of your shoes or at least smell worse...then unplug from social media.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:39 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
Trolls will be trolls. I see a lot of it on Twitter when anybody gets hurt/sick.
I never wish injury or poor heath on anybody.

Sad thing with Lue, I saw a lot of Cleveland "fans" making fun of him.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Trolls will be trolls. I see a lot of it on Twitter when anybody gets hurt/sick.
I never wish injury or poor heath on anybody.

Sad thing with Lue, I saw a lot of Cleveland "fans" making fun of him.
Those are the idiots that I made this post about. A certain group of Cleveland fans can be idiots just like every other fan base. I ran across one on Facebook that was wishing him well but said "We weren't getting anywhere with his X's and O's." Fans, media and trolls feel if a coach isn't Steve Kerr, Phil Jackson, Bill Belichick, Pat Riley, etc. they're not a great coach and they've only won because of their players, and they also feel that they lose because of you, win in spite of you. Erik Sploestra got the same treatment in Miami while coaching The Big 2; he hardly got any credit. Doug Piderson won't get any credit for coaching the Eagles to a Super Bowl title, and it's a shame because I think he's pretty good coach.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 PM

525 posts, read 279,046 times
I agree. Even if it has anything to do with the three teams I despise of: San Antonio, Los Angeles (Lakers), and Miami, I would never wish anything bad upon them. The players on every single team are human after all, as are the coaches and anyone else who is a part of each NBA team.

There have been several instances where people would wish bad upon an NBA player and cheer about their injuries. That just disgusts me, to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball