U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-03-2018, 02:56 AM
 
107 posts, read 35,356 times
Reputation: 222

Advertisements

This whole GOAT argument is not complete. I think Magic and Russell should be listed too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2018, 04:01 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,214 posts, read 2,836,706 times
Reputation: 4507
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Klay has 3 titles...I canít help but laff.
Can't be prejudiced in how you apply the ring debate...

........

The title of this thread will be retroactively applied to the 2010s Warriors. Whether fair or not, it will definitely be said that they won in a weak era...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 10:27 AM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,877,378 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by _jbub88_ View Post
This whole GOAT argument is not complete. I think Magic and Russell should be listed too.
And Kareem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2018, 11:25 AM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,055,962 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Can't be prejudiced in how you apply the ring debate...

........

The title of this thread will be retroactively applied to the 2010s Warriors. Whether fair or not, it will definitely be said that they won in a weak era...
prejudiced - how so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2018, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,214 posts, read 2,836,706 times
Reputation: 4507
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
prejudiced - how so?
The ring argument is valid for Jordan but not for Klay, why?

Your answer will reveal the prejudice...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2018, 11:29 AM
 
Location: Virginia Beach
4,214 posts, read 2,836,706 times
Reputation: 4507
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusMonday View Post
Jordan had 1 all star on all of his championships won !

LeBron and Durant are the ones that stacked the deck.
And everyone please welcome back, Kobe25...:crying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-04-2018, 12:39 PM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,055,962 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The ring argument is valid for Jordan but not for Klay, why?

Your answer will reveal the prejudice...
Jordan was the best player on a team that won. Klay was the 3rd or even 4th best player on a team that won. Canít compare a 3rd fiddleís ring count to a best playerís ring count. If Reggie Miller was the 3rd best player on a team during the 90s, he probably does win 3+ rings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 AM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,877,378 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Jordan was the best player on a team that won. Klay was the 3rd or even 4th best player on a team that won. Canít compare a 3rd fiddleís ring count to a best playerís ring count. If Reggie Miller was the 3rd best player on a team during the 90s, he probably does win 3+ rings.
But Reggie never won. Klay is an all-NBA talent with 3 titles. Reggie was an all-NBA talent who never won a title. The all-star & all-NBA appearances are comparable even though Reggie's career was twice as long as Klay's to this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 AM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,055,962 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
But Reggie never won. Klay is an all-NBA talent with 3 titles. Reggie was an all-NBA talent who never won a title. The all-star & all-NBA appearances are comparable even though Reggie's career was twice as long as Klay's to this point.
Check back with me when Klay is leading his own team. Thatís like saying when it comes to winning Klay Thompson does it just as well as Lebron considering they both have 3 rings...nevermind the fact that Lebron has always been the best player on his team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2018, 01:09 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,877,378 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Check back with me when Klay is leading his own team. Thatís like saying when it comes to winning Klay Thompson does it just as well as Lebron considering they both have 3 rings...nevermind the fact that Lebron has always been the best player on his team.
The numbers put their careers close in terms of production. Klay has just done it faster & Reggie has done it longer. In addition to production, Klay has won titles. I don't think Klay is as good as LeBron. I think Klay is as good as Reggie, and I think it's very fair to argue that Klay is better than Reggie. Klay is an elite defender in addition to producing offense on par with Reggie's. Klay has spent the last 4 years as a 30-35 minute starter on the best team in the league. That counts for something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top