Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 08:19 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Ok. Now you’re talking about someone who was not even on the nba all team. Chris Bosh was a role player in Miami. Pippen was an all star. What don’t you understand? Bosh is nowhere to be found on the nba all teams in 2012/2013. So again what’s your point.
you mention Pippen was an all-star but complain Bosh wasn't on the all-nba team but GUESS WHAT? He was an all-star from 2006-2016.

Likely when you were in gestation from the quality of your posts.

Role players don't make 11 straight all-star squads. If you're confused by that ask some of your buddies during study hall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 10:56 AM

1,156 posts, read 982,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
you mention Pippen was an all-star but complain Bosh wasn't on the all-nba team but GUESS WHAT? He was an all-star from 2006-2016.

Likely when you were in gestation from the quality of your posts.

Role players don't make 11 straight all-star squads. If you're confused by that ask some of your buddies during study hall.
I think you are in diapers now. Do you even know the difference between All-NBA and an all-star. Ok, you got me (congrats) that I mentioned Pippen as an all-star, but almost all my posts reference All-NBA. Most that know the difference would put much more weight on All-NBA than all-star for very obvious reasons. Guess you can't figure it out though. Pretty much bottom-line, the performance of Bosh in the NBA finals was that of a role player, especially in 2013 when he only averaged 11.9 points, which I pointed out. But, hey if you want to think the guy was great in those years then go right ahead thinking that. His performance says otherwise. Now, go back and look at how Pippen performed, oh wise one.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:05 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,511,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
I think you are in diapers now. Do you even know the difference between All-NBA and an all-star. Ok, you got me (congrats) that I mentioned Pippen as an all-star, but almost all my posts reference All-NBA. Most that know the difference would put much more weight on All-NBA than all-star for very obvious reasons. Guess you can't figure it out though. Pretty much bottom-line, the performance of Bosh in the NBA finals was that of a role player, especially in 2013 when he only averaged 11.9 points, which I pointed out. But, hey if you want to think the guy was great in those years then go right ahead thinking that. His performance says otherwise. Now, go back and look at how Pippen performed, oh wise one.
Pippen was Chicago's secondary scorer. Bosh was Miami's tertiary scorer. Wade scored as much as 25 in the playoffs & regular season in Heatles seasons. The Heat won the 2013 Finals. Bosh did what his team needed to win. Bosh was great with the Heat, but he was an unselfish player willing to accommodate his fellow stars. When LBJ left, Bosh was putting up 21/game while healthy.

In the 1st two Heatles seasons, a still-healthy Wade was scoring 25 & 23 per game. Pippen never put up those numbers in his career. Pippen was one of the best perimeter defenders in NBA history. Wade was a very good defender in those first two Heatles years, though age and injuries caused a steep decline on that end. Pippen had 7 career all-NBA seasons to Wade's 8. Wade was on 3 all-defense teams to Pippen's 10. The two are very different in their skills, but both were elite players. You don't seem to know what a healthy Wade looked like--or a healthy Bosh. Perhaps you are like many fans, whose interest in the NBA flagged in the 2000s.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:59 PM

1,156 posts, read 982,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Pippen was Chicago's secondary scorer. Bosh was Miami's tertiary scorer. Wade scored as much as 25 in the playoffs & regular season in Heatles seasons. The Heat won the 2013 Finals. Bosh did what his team needed to win. Bosh was great with the Heat, but he was an unselfish player willing to accommodate his fellow stars. When LBJ left, Bosh was putting up 21/game while healthy.

In the 1st two Heatles seasons, a still-healthy Wade was scoring 25 & 23 per game. Pippen never put up those numbers in his career. Pippen was one of the best perimeter defenders in NBA history. Wade was a very good defender in those first two Heatles years, though age and injuries caused a steep decline on that end. Pippen had 7 career all-NBA seasons to Wade's 8. Wade was on 3 all-defense teams to Pippen's 10. The two are very different in their skills, but both were elite players. You don't seem to know what a healthy Wade looked like--or a healthy Bosh. Perhaps you are like many fans, whose interest in the NBA flagged in the 2000s.
Why are you even bringing up Wade here? That's great Wade was on 3 all defensive teams, but none were the years that LBJ played there. I never compared Wade to Pippen other than the fact he was only a 2nd and 3rd All NBA the years that LBJ was there. In the 2 years the Heat won, Wade averaged 22.8 and 15.9 in the playoffs. In the six years that the Bulls won, Pippen averaged 21.6, 19.5, 20.1, 16.9, 19.2, and 16.8. Never under 16, like Wade was in 2013.

Again, there Pippen is the clear winner over Bosh, and even over Wade in those years. You can say all you want about All-NBA not reflecting talent, but you are completely wrong. Pippen was a 1st teamer the two years Jordan played baseball. Bosh never was 1st team. 2nd team in 2007 and that's it.

Not sure why you are bringing up entire careers, because this thread is about the Bulls and there were comparisons to LBJ and the Heat in the years they won it. I don't give a rat's ass about what Wade did before 2011. He was great and won a title before LBJ got there, but that doesn't mean he was in top form compared to other NBA players in those same years.

I got it, why don't you go ask MJ who he'd rather have, Wade/Bosh or Pippen? I can pretty much guarantee the answer and most people would have agreed with this back in the 90s given that Pippen was All-NBA for almost the entire decade. It wasn't just me who voted him that many times.

Pick 3 more years and put another 1st or 2nd All-Teamer on the same team with Lebron, and I bet he as 6 championships. It's not that hard to figure out that to win in the NBA you need at least two NBA All-Teamers. History has pretty much proven this, except for the 1989 and 1990 Pistons and 2011 Mavs and likely almost all the years the Spurs won, well because their team and coaching was just that good. Oh, almost forgot one, the year the Cavs beat the Warriors without any other All Teamer. Still laughing at that one. Except, I will agree with you that Kyrie may have gotten the nod over Lowry, but Lowry had better stats, but Kyrie killed it in the playoffs and killed it even more in the Finals.

But go ahead with all your blather about career awards and fail to account for the exact years that LBJ was with the Heat and think ALL Team is not a reflection on talent, when in reality, it is for any given year.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:59 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,889,154 times
In the finals:

MJ 31.2 ppg
Pippen 20.8 ppg

MJ 35.8 ppg
Pippen 20.8 ppg

MJ 41.0 ppg
Pippen 21.2

MJ 27.3 ppg
Pippen 15.7 ppg (34% shooting)

MJ 32.3 ppg
Scottie 20.0 ppg

MJ 33.5 ppg
Scottie 15.7 ppg

Look at the scoring disparity between Jordan and his 2nd option. Jordan was carrying a tremendous offensive load while being way more efficient than Scottie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball