U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 03:25 PM

11,680 posts, read 7,074,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I won't give LeBron the nod over Jordan until he has 7 rings. Period. Rings matter..... Ask Barkley .... Now that I see what LeBron can do I think Durant made the absolute right move. You need a team of Thor, Hulk, Spiderman, Dr Strange and Iron Man running point to beat LeBron and his minions.
Do you really though?

The Pacers have a young guy playing well for the first time in his career and no one else thatís top 30 in the league yet they went 7 games.

The Celtics are young and down two all stars yet did the same. Even with young players stepping up, they didnít have anyone averging over 20 ppg OR shooting over 50% from the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2018, 03:25 PM

3,304 posts, read 1,362,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
I knew it wouldn't be long before the Anti-Lebron's showed up lol...

How many Finals does one have to go to before it's not a "cakewalk" any more, or trying to diminish the feat by saying he's in the weaker conference? Hell if the conference is so weak or such a cakewalk, why can't any teams go to eight straight Finals?

How many times does he have to either beat great West teams ('13 Spurs, '16 Warriors), or outperform great West teams ('14 Spurs, '15 Warriors) in losses, before we stop saying the he benefits from being in the weaker bracket? If what he's done/doing is so easy, why can't anybody else lay claim to this, since the Celtics of half-century ago?

The Lakers were 5-3 in their first eight Finals and lost their 9th Finals to Boston in 1965. As a matter of fact, the Lakers were in the midst of an 8-Finals losing streak in which started in 1959 and didn't end until beating the Knicks in 1972...

LeBron has never lost more than two consecutive Finals....

He's a one-man dynasty, of rare air that only a couple of guys can even be mentioned in the same breath. He's setting the bar higher than it's been set in this "post"-modern NBA. You don't have to like him, but if you can't respect or appreciate his achievements, you're not a true fan of the sport...
I can't stand Lebron . But I agree 100 percent. No need to come up with all kinds of nonsense. I'm a Knicks fan. I could never be a Jordan , Kobe or LeBron Fan. I always rooted against them but I never questioned their greatness. I don't like Tom Brady either but he is the GOAT..... Period. Still want him to lose next year's Superbowl as well..... I'm just tired of these guys winning all the time. While my team putters .

Old 05-28-2018, 03:54 PM

28,577 posts, read 15,514,539 times
James Harden's stats in 4 elimination games versus GSW...

Pts: 31.3
Reb.: 7.0
Assists: 5.3
10-of-12 on FTs
FG perc.: 48.2
3-pt perc.: 47.6
TOs: 7.3

That last one is not good.

Turnovers have been the key stat in all six games.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Do you really though?

The Pacers have a young guy playing well for the first time in his career and no one else thatís top 30 in the league yet they went 7 games.

The Celtics are young and down two all stars yet did the same. Even with young players stepping up, they didnít have anyone averging over 20 ppg OR shooting over 50% from the field.
Has anyone been able to stop him in 8 tries.???? I would agree with you but it hasn't been done yet. It's taken some really good teams to stop LeBron. Note. I said teams. Spurs. Mavs with Dirk at his prime. GSW with legit 4 allstars and a top 5 player STILL lost to them . At this point maybe Anthony Davis should join GSW as well. Geeeees.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:32 PM

6,114 posts, read 1,848,358 times
I don’t see Houston winning this and I don’t see the Cavs beating GSW

It’s going to be another easy ring for GSW.

Durant could’ve went to another team, he didn’t have to go to the best team ever assembled. Good for him on doing what it to get his rings I guess.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
James Harden's stats in 4 elimination games versus GSW...

Pts: 31.3
Reb.: 7.0
Assists: 5.3
10-of-12 on FTs
FG perc.: 48.2
3-pt perc.: 47.6
TOs: 7.3

That last one is not good.

Turnovers have been the key stat in all six games.
He cant do it alone. And he can't stop GSW from shooting 60 percent from 3. If Durant gets hot or Thompson it's going to be a loooooong hot night in Houston. Idk what's going to happen but it won't be Hardens fault if they lose.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I donít see Houston winning this and I donít see the Cavs beating GSW

Itís going to be another easy ring for GSW.

Durant couldíve went to another team, he didnít have to go to the best team ever assembled. Good for him on doing what it to get hit rings I guess.
Omg. Why would Durant do that? I never understood why people want players to go to teams just to lose. Durant is no fool. He knew he needed help to beat LeBron and get a ring. He lost against LeBron when he was on the Thunder. What team could he have gone to for him to get a shot at beating LeBron?

Old 05-28-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post

LeBron has never lost more than two consecutive Finals....
Who has? What kind of cherry picking statistic is that?

Personally, I love Lebron James. It just sucks watching him carry his team on his back. Itís not fun basketball, itís sad basketball. Now weíll watch him go against 4 all-stars were heíll lose again. Which wonít be his fault.

One thing Lebron will surely regret was not beating Dallas back in Miami, that wouldíve got him his 4th ring.

Lebron wont get a 4th ring with GSW alive and well.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Omg. Why would Durant do that? I never understood why people want players to go to teams just to lose. Durant is no fool. He knew he needed help to beat LeBron and get a ring. He lost against LeBron when he was on the Thunder. What team could he have gone to for him to get a shot at beating LeBron?
Who says Durant couldn’t win by going to another team?

By your logic, Lebron James should go to GSW next year. That’s the only way he’s getting his 4th ring. Yay, everyone’s ring chasing now because screw the fans...

Old 05-28-2018, 05:24 PM

331 posts, read 214,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Who has? What kind of cherry picking statistic is that?

Personally, I love Lebron James. It just sucks watching him carry his team on his back. Itís not fun basketball, itís sad basketball. Now weíll watch him go against 4 all-stars were heíll lose again. Which wonít be his fault.

One thing Lebron will surely regret was not beating Dallas back in Miami, that wouldíve got him his 4th ring.

Lebron wont get a 4th ring with GSW alive and well.
If he leaves Cleveland, he may. Philly and Houston are attractive destinations. If LA manages to land him and Paul George or Kawhi, they may also have a chance.

Lebron's decision at this point is, 1) Do I want to compete for another title, 2) Should I succumb to the complaints of fans who complain about player mobility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball