U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 09:50 AM

2,838 posts, read 1,778,457 times

Advertisements

Lebron afraid/concerned of a Kyrie led Celtics team??? His return will do nothing except fuel a fire.

I can’t see Lebron essentially pulling a Durant and going to Houston no matter what his friendship is with Paul. It’s business at the end of the day just as it was business when Wade was traded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 03:57 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,422,845 times
I don’t see Lebron meshing well with Harden. A player with an extremely high BBIQ sharing the ball with a chucker who’s always looking for a foul is gonna cause internal problems.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:05 PM

8,087 posts, read 5,297,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Lebron afraid/concerned of a Kyrie led Celtics team??? His return will do nothing except fuel a fire.

I canít see Lebron essentially pulling a Durant and going to Houston no matter what his friendship is with Paul. Itís business at the end of the day just as it was business when Wade was traded.
They should all head to Miami. Lebron, Paul, and melo.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:41 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,017,300 times
Cleveland is not getting James back next year. Did you guys see his disdain for the GM. HE Did not even man hug him after game 7 win. Just a cold hand shake.

Last edited by 87112; 05-30-2018 at 07:00 PM..

Old 05-30-2018, 06:56 PM

3,791 posts, read 1,381,466 times
Does Lebron realize how stupid he would look if he went to Houston?

Old 05-30-2018, 07:02 PM

1,242 posts, read 639,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Cleveland is not getting James back next year. Did you guys see his disdain for the GM. HE Did not even after man hug him after game 7 win. Just a cold hand shake.
I don't think you can base your take on that, he would have more disdain for the owner than the GM because the GM is practically new. Plus, you never know what happened when the cameras weren't rolling.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:11 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,052,167 times
If the Cavs get a sweep or gentleman’s sweep would there be any reason for Lebron to return? I don’t think he would stay out of loyalty...only came back when they had the #1 pick, Love, Kyrie and the Heat got slaughtered by the Spurs. He probably leaves again if the Cavs can’t make big moves. He’s been pushed to 7 games against teams that weren’t on the Warriors/Rockets level and not being competitive in the finals would make it even more obvious he’s leaving.

Lebron will be 34.5 years old going into next year’s finals - he looked tired at times against the Celtics. He’s probably looking for today’s equivalent of prime Wade/Bosh...a situation where he can play 30-32 mpg, average 23-24 ppg and still be a #1 seed. Vegas has the Sixers favored. Simmons/Embiid/Lebron...and maybe they can keep Covington, Redick or Saric.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:39 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,172,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I don't think it's the fact they are winning. The Bulls won 6 of 8 titles and enjoyed a larger national fanbase than what the Warriors have now. It's how the Warriors are winning that bothers people. They went out and got the 2nd best player in the League after winning 73 games. I'm not sure how people would have felt about the Bulls had they traded away their bench for a prime Shaq and a young Kobe.
I'm thinking the fanbase of the Bulls was more for Jordan's popularity. Everyone seemed to love Jordan in those days no matter what. I can't say the same for Curry, Durant, or even Lebron, who along with admirers have haters/non-admirers.

I'm not sure the fans in those days would've wanted Shaq and Kobe either; but I'm also not sure all three players could mesh together as Curry, Durant, Thompson have done. Even Shaq leaving the Lakers eventually helped Kobe carry their legacy.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:12 PM

1,242 posts, read 639,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If the Cavs get a sweep or gentlemanís sweep would there be any reason for Lebron to return? I donít think he would stay out of loyalty...only came back when they had the #1 pick, Love, Kyrie and the Heat got slaughtered by the Spurs. He probably leaves again if the Cavs canít make big moves. Heís been pushed to 7 games against teams that werenít on the Warriors/Rockets level and not being competitive in the finals would make it even more obvious heís leaving.

Lebron will be 34.5 years old going into next yearís finals - he looked tired at times against the Celtics. Heís probably looking for todayís equivalent of prime Wade/Bosh...a situation where he can play 30-32 mpg, average 23-24 ppg and still be a #1 seed. Vegas has the Sixers favored. Simmons/Embiid/Lebron...and maybe they can keep Covington, Redick or Saric.
I say let's wait until July for free agency instead of trying to push LeBron out of Cleveland. Plus, Love came in the trade for the #1 pick. As far as Philly goes, you're gonna be able to keep all those players and bring in Lebron and somebody else IMO somebody would have to go.

Let's be real coming into the playoffs everybody was saying that the Cavs wouldn't make it out of the East; in fact people were salivating at the fact that a LeBron-led team would get beat in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Everybody predicted that Philly was going to come out of the East but I never bought into that because of their youth. They weren't gonna make it past Indiana because they were too athletic then they weren't gonna make it past Toronto because they have too much offense and too deep. And, then they weren't gonna make it past the Celtics because they were deeper and they had the genius coach. Boston, Philly and Toronto were praised all season by the media and fans alike. Now, the Cavs got back to The Finals now it's "The East is weak and those teams weren't on the Rockets and Warriors level." Nobody yelled how weak the West was when the Lakers made it to The Finals 9 times in the '80s.

But, the national media are now just making excuses because they were wrong about their predictions. It's easier to pile on the Cavs or LeBron than admitting that you were wrong with your predictions.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:14 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,223 times
I think the Cavs are going to get slaugheterd, and LBJ is going to try to stem the tide, but it wont matter. There is only so much he can do. Durant does make a difference. LeBron has to work harder on defense to stop ("contain" really) KD, and that is going to wear him down a lot more.

It would help someone among Hood, Clarkson or Nance decided to show up for this series--but I still dont think the Cavs would win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball