U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 09:59 AM

8,083 posts, read 5,293,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not as stupid as Kevin Durant.
Kevin Durant was a super tool move. I like how he became a bad boy with the backing of Draymond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2018, 09:46 AM

3,304 posts, read 1,354,295 times
JR Smith. Just wow

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjfO8Yylwjw/

Old 06-02-2018, 10:23 AM

9,662 posts, read 4,558,351 times
One of the biggest blunders in NBA history. We don't know for sure if it made a difference in the outcome. It looked like he could have gone right up and dunked or drawn a foul trying. But he might have missed the shot or the free throws, or GS might have hit a tying or winning shot at the buzzer with the couple of seconds that would have remained. But you don't get many chances like that.

Reminds me of the 95 Finals when the Magic snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in game 1, Nick "the Brick" missing 4 free throws in last ten seconds with Magic up 3, Penny getting totally faked out by Kenny who hit the tying 3 at the buzzer, then Hakeem tipping in the winner at the buzzer in OT. The heavily favored Magic got blown out next game and swept.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:00 PM

1,623 posts, read 568,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Early predictions:

EAST
Raptors over Wizards 4-1 (could see it going 6 but no more)
Cavaliers over Pacers 4-2 (could see it going 5 but no less)
Celtics over Bucks 4-2
Sixers over Heat 4-2

I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire East 1st Rd go 6 games...

WEST
Rockets over Wolves 4-1 (I can see a sweep possibly)
Thunder over Jazz 4-2 (I can see this in 5 but no less)
Warriors over Spurs 4-2 (I can see 5 or 7 but I don't see a Spurs win, period)
Blazers over Pelicans 4-3 (I can see this going either way)

All top seeds should hold, only one I'm worried about is Portland, they have a tough draw...

I'll withhold my later round predictions, but I do think Round 2, the Cavs are gonna be in some trouble in The East. This is the worst draw for Cleveland, Indiana in the first and Toronto in the second. Lebron's 7 straight Finals was gonna end at some point, and it truly looks like it'll be this year. Last time Lebron had a team that didn't win MORE than 50 games was 2008; they lost to Boston in 7 in Round 2. He did take a 50-win team to The Finals in '07, so the Cavs will be competitive and if/when they lose, it won't be in 4 or 5, but he just doesn't have a strong personnel...

The Raptors should get out of The East, but it's always scary to pick them. They didn't play particularly well down the stretch (7-6 in last 13 games, including 2-5 versus playoff teams). I am hesitant to pick them, but they were the most consistent East team all year. If they can't win the conference this year, when the hell will they? Literally everything fell in Toronto's favor this year:

•healthiest team in NBA
•weakest Lebron James team in a decade
•Celtics decimated by injuries
•Wizards decimated by incompetence
•Sixers just (assumedly) too young and inexperienced

I like the Raptors, but I mean really, if they can't win this year, this team and this era of the Raptors will deserve to go in the history books as THE most mentally fragile team in the league history...

The Sixers could be a team of Destiny. They won't win it all this year, but they got the best draw possible (avoids Toronto or Cleveland until ECF, drew Celtics without two best players). They could go on a run and it wouldn't be a 'total' shocker if they wound up in The Finals...

The Dubs are in some trouble, but we all knew that. The draw isn't that bad, but I have doubts they can just flip the switch. We'll see, but even if they do, Houston is not favorable and I can't see then beating the Rockets, healthy or not. They've avoided the Thunder until the WCF, and I'll be honest, I don't think Houston is necessarily a lock over OKC either. Thunder are the dark horse West team for sure...

Of course, I may be wrong and we may be gearing up to watch both Cleveland and Golden State flip the switch anf steamroll their conferences. The likelihood of that is probably less than 10%, but these two could benefit from being underdogs and having experience on their sides. It'll be interesting to watch...

Can't wait until Saturday, guys!
BORING and TOO PREDICTABLE. It’s a SAD DAY when the prime player of a team (LBJ) scores 51 points and his team STILL LOSES to the overloaded star-studded opposing team. I’m not watching at all this year.

Old 06-03-2018, 03:56 PM

3,770 posts, read 1,375,666 times
Jr. Smith should be the bench tonight

Old 06-03-2018, 07:16 PM

5,431 posts, read 1,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
BORING and TOO PREDICTABLE. It’s a SAD DAY when the prime player of a team (LBJ) scores 51 points and his team STILL LOSES to the overloaded star-studded opposing team. I’m not watching at all this year.
LeBron was 0-4 in overtime, 2 points, the worst OT of his life, so not a surprise they lost.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
LeBron was 0-4 in overtime, 2 points, the worst OT of his life, so not a surprise they lost.
By that time He was mentally exhausted from all the bad calls and jr. smith.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:56 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,048,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
By that time He was mentally exhausted from all the bad calls and jr. smith.
Hopefully thatís not the case. Canít go field goal-less in the last 5 minutes of a tied up finals game because of mental exhaustion.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Hopefully thatís not the case. Canít go field goal-less in the last 5 minutes of a tied up finals game because of mental exhaustion.
You can when you score 51 pts in regulation

Old 06-04-2018, 07:17 PM

11,679 posts, read 7,048,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
You can when you score 51 pts in regulation
0 field goals/1 rebound/0 assist in the last 5 minutes of a tied game to steal home court in finals certainly takes a little shine off that 51. Think MJ is being put to sleep like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball