U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2018, 10:19 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
So the Pacers coach never said.."double lebron"
LBJ eats double teams alive with vision and passing. LeBron will LeBron, but you have to be satisfied with him taking an off-the-dribble 3 at the end of a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Holy cow, I am eating my words. Unbelievable comeback by OKC and Westbrick.
Three words: Gobert foul trouble

Rudy has absolutely dominated this match-up, and fouls taking him off the floor changed the complexion of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Rockets finish off Wolves... 67-45 in the second half.

What happened to the Jazz?
Congrats to the Rockets. I think they are likely to play the Jazz, who are less of a matchup problem for them than the Thunder (though both teams are significantly inferior to the Rockets).

Quote:
This was definitely a huge moment that really turned the momentum in favor of OKC:

Ingles' Jazz collapse in Thunder NBA loss
That is 100% right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Allen Iverson was on ESPN First Take yesterday and he was very confident that Westbrook would play even more aggressive and come up with the win, while the ESPN guys were saying Westbrook should play safer and let the game come to him.
AI was correct.
Both were wrong. Westbrook is not being aggressive because Gobert is controlling the paint. When Gobert is out, Westbrook will attack.

Quote:
I read Anthony was grumbling at being benched but that was a factor that allowed OKC to make a stunning comeback because his defense is pathetic.

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-wes...063337277.html
Anthony is not a winning player. He was at his best when Chauncey was running the Nuggets offense--selectively giving Melo opportunities. Melo couldn't stand Chauncey's brilliant floor control and forced his way to New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 10:23 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,258,197 times
Quote:
I read Anthony was grumbling at being benched but that was a factor that allowed OKC to make a stunning comeback because his defense is pathetic.

https://sports.yahoo.com/russell-wes...063337277.html
Lackdaisical defense + lack of playmaking ability + unwillingness to move off ball + 37% FG in mostly ISO situations + worst 3P% of playoff career = Benched

What else does Melo have to offer beyond his rapidly eroding isolation skills?

Old 04-26-2018, 11:28 AM

3,792 posts, read 1,383,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
LBJ eats double teams alive with vision and passing. LeBron will LeBron, but you have to be satisfied with him taking an off-the-dribble 3 at the end of a game.

Three words: Gobert foul trouble

Rudy has absolutely dominated this match-up, and fouls taking him off the floor changed the complexion of the game.

Congrats to the Rockets. I think they are likely to play the Jazz, who are less of a matchup problem for them than the Thunder (though both teams are significantly inferior to the Rockets).

That is 100% right.

Both were wrong. Westbrook is not being aggressive because Gobert is controlling the paint. When Gobert is out, Westbrook will attack.

Anthony is not a winning player. He was at his best when Chauncey was running the Nuggets offense--selectively giving Melo opportunities. Melo couldn't stand Chauncey's brilliant floor control and forced his way to New York.
I meant having two guys in front of him so he couldn't get the pass. How can a team be that dumb to let lebron catch the ball with 3 secs left?

Old 04-26-2018, 04:04 PM

2,838 posts, read 1,779,184 times
Quote:
I meant having two guys in front of him so he couldn't get the pass. How can a team be that dumb to let lebron catch the ball with 3 secs left?
I thought that too, but someone sets a pick and he scoots free regardless. They could have shaded their bigs up toward him. What was the point with the two guys by the bucket collecting a rebound/covering Love? They were concerned with Love tip in I guess, but he would have had no time.

Everyone I've talked to said it was a good look- I thought he was fading away and it was a difficult shot.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:28 PM

28,503 posts, read 15,462,232 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I thought that too, but someone sets a pick and he scoots free regardless. They could have shaded their bigs up toward him. What was the point with the two guys by the bucket collecting a rebound/covering Love? They were concerned with Love tip in I guess, but he would have had no time.

Everyone I've talked to said it was a good look- I thought he was fading away and it was a difficult shot.
I thought it was a decent look given the situation - and knowing he would be the first option.

Pacers had a foul to give as well. Don't understand why there weren't even close enough to him to take the foul.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:37 PM

17,308 posts, read 10,218,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Lackdaisical defense + lack of playmaking ability + unwillingness to move off ball + 37% FG in mostly ISO situations + worst 3P% of playoff career = Benched

What else does Melo have to offer beyond his rapidly eroding isolation skills?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Ouch!

It's time for Thunder to send Carmelo Anthony to bench — and leave him there

Quote:
All that doesn’t matter now. What matters is that you might very well be coaching for your job over the next four days — there have been rumblings that a premature end to the Thunder’s postseason run will mean a premature end to your time in OKC.

With that in mind, there is but one thing to do: Throw in the towel on Carmelo Anthony.

We’re not saying cut back his minutes. We’re saying glue him to the bench, and firmly. Anthony has been a useless offensive player in this series against the Jazz thus far, averaging 12.8 points on a measly 36.9 percent shooting, including 21.4 percent from the 3-point line. He has committed five turnovers against just two assists, both of which came in Game 1.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:37 PM

5,434 posts, read 1,548,736 times
OKC would have won the series if they had didn't have Melo and instead had Derrick Rose 14.2ppg .509fg .700treys

Old 04-26-2018, 07:11 PM

3,792 posts, read 1,383,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I thought it was a decent look given the situation - and knowing he would be the first option.

Pacers had a foul to give as well. Don't understand why there weren't even close enough to him to take the foul.
Thaddeus Young should be benched for game 6 after that defense he played on lebron with 3 secs left

Old 04-26-2018, 10:46 PM

28,503 posts, read 15,462,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
OKC would have won the series if they had didn't have Melo and instead had Derrick Rose 14.2ppg .509fg .700treys
He only plays effectively for Thibs.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:17 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Jazz better finish off the Thunder tonight. After the epic second half collapse Wednesday Night and than losing at home on Friday, definitely wouldn't look good for the Jazz on Sunday for game 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball