U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2018, 11:12 AM

52,032 posts, read 41,851,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The Cavs are winning game 7 and will then beat the raptors next round.
Maybe. The pacers sure gave them a beat down though.

Lebron just has no help, this is absolutely not a championship calibre team anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 11:25 AM

5,450 posts, read 1,552,961 times
If the Pacers keep LeBron out of the paint (that means double/triple-teaming him) then game 7 will be decided from the perimeter (LeBron's 3-point-shooting and his teammates).

Old 04-28-2018, 02:44 PM

3,800 posts, read 1,387,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
PG wasn't fouled.

Video here. He moved into Gobert

You know Lebron and Harden gets that call

Old 04-28-2018, 03:21 PM

17,319 posts, read 10,236,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
PG wasn't fouled.

Video here. He moved into Gobert

Cool, that's a much better angle which shows no foul.

My bad, Westbrook did congratulate his victors especially Mitchell after the game was over. I only saw the part where he almost got into it with that one Utah fan.

Anyways I was amazed at his shot selection, he took 43 shots last night.

The Thunder Were The Ugliest Version Of Themselves In Game 6

Quote:
Westbrook took a whopping 43 shots in 44 minutes in Game 6, including 29 shots in the second half alone. 43 shots is a huge number: this was only the 14th time in NBA history when a player has attempted at least 40 shots in a playoff game, and only the second time since 2001, and both of those belong to Russ. It’s an eye-popping stat, and one that certainly won’t discourage the “Russ is a damn ball hog” crowd
These Playoffs Could Be the Twilight of the Maximalist Point Guard

Old 04-28-2018, 04:06 PM

5,450 posts, read 1,552,961 times
I remember when Jordan attempted 43 shots in triple-OT loss to Phoenix in Game 3 of 1993 NBA Finals.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:46 PM
Status: "Phillies baseball is MLB dysentery." (set 3 days ago)

1,240 posts, read 584,961 times
Why do people even like Westbrook? Seriously, the guy has fire but it's brought down by very low basketball IQ, immaturity, and inefficiency. 46 points on 43 shot attempts...let that sink in. Brick made it personal between him and Rubio after Ricardo had a naturally occurring triple double against him. Needless to say, Brick was so into stopping Rubio that it took himself out of playing team defense. Again, I don't understand the love people have with the guy. Mitchell easily outplayed Brick in this series.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:51 PM

3,962 posts, read 2,514,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Cool, that's a much better angle which shows no foul.

My bad, Westbrook did congratulate his victors especially Mitchell after the game was over. I only saw the part where he almost got into it with that one Utah fan.

Anyways I was amazed at his shot selection, he took 43 shots last night.

The Thunder Were The Ugliest Version Of Themselves In Game 6

These Playoffs Could Be the Twilight of the Maximalist Point Guard
As soon as I saw the play, I knew that wasn't a foul. A fitting end to the Thunder's season. I absolutely hate that play by shooters, and I hate it even more when they look around to the ref like, "Where's the foul?" It is a bullsh!t call, and it always has been.

Moreover, I hate that these guys put up such garbage shots when they try to pull this. You should be concerned about hitting the shot, not, "Hey, Ref, please bail me out, on my attempt to get bailed out". If you were more concerned about hitting the shot, and you happened to get (legitimately) fouled, the results would probably be better.

Anyhow, I just laughed when I saw the play, because I knew OKC was done, the play was a nice capsule to their season, and I wont have to watch their pathetic brand of basketball anymore.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted the Thunder to do well, but as I have said before, they are so brutal to watch. No ball movement, iffy, sometimes-y defense. It was frustrating to watch. I could not take it anymore.

They really should have lost Game 5, but PG13 and Russ got hot which masked the fact that they played like garbage for nearly 3 full quarters. I knew they would lose Game 6 because they would go back to their horrible ways.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:39 PM

17,319 posts, read 10,236,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
As soon as I saw the play, I knew that wasn't a foul. A fitting end to the Thunder's season. I absolutely hate that play by shooters, and I hate it even more when they look around to the ref like, "Where's the foul?" It is a bullsh!t call, and it always has been.

Moreover, I hate that these guys put up such garbage shots when they try to pull this. You should be concerned about hitting the shot, not, "Hey, Ref, please bail me out, on my attempt to get bailed out". If you were more concerned about hitting the shot, and you happened to get (legitimately) fouled, the results would probably be better.

Anyhow, I just laughed when I saw the play, because I knew OKC was done, the play was a nice capsule to their season, and I wont have to watch their pathetic brand of basketball anymore.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted the Thunder to do well, but as I have said before, they are so brutal to watch. No ball movement, iffy, sometimes-y defense. It was frustrating to watch. I could not take it anymore.

They really should have lost Game 5, but PG13 and Russ got hot which masked the fact that they played like garbage for nearly 3 full quarters. I knew they would lose Game 6 because they would go back to their horrible ways.
OKC and Houston would have been entertaining, OKC played well against them in the regular season. Utah wasn't as good against Houston in the regular season, but these are the playoffs so we'll see.

By the way, I don't think the Warriors need Stephen Curry anytime soon the way they've been playing so far against New Orleans.

Old 04-28-2018, 10:25 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,431,779 times
The Sixers/Celtics would be so much more entertaining with Irving and Heyward.

The Warriors went small against AD and it looks like it worked so far.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:24 AM

2,766 posts, read 2,375,608 times
Despite going to game 7 the Bucks have a long way to go before they'll win a playoff series. I watched all 7 games & sure they were fun to watch at home but they didn't stand a chance at Boston. Undisciplined. You could have spotted them 15 points at the start of the game & Boston still would have won game 7.

I wonder what the future holds for Jabari & Giannis & how content they'll be in Milwaukee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball