Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 09:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

Have to be greatly impressed with Boston. They keep punching above their weight but find a way to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2018, 02:35 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Despite going to game 7 the Bucks have a long way to go before they'll win a playoff series. I watched all 7 games & sure they were fun to watch at home but they didn't stand a chance at Boston. Undisciplined. You could have spotted them 15 points at the start of the game & Boston still would have won game 7.

I wonder what the future holds for Jabari & Giannis & how content they'll be in Milwaukee.
I was wondering about Milwaukee's future as well. Right now, you have at least one problem solved: You have an elite player. A lot of teams dont have that. But you do have to build around that talent. Or, does Milwaukee just need to mature some more?

And while Terry Rozier is proving to be a darn good player, Eric Bledsoe should be ashamed of his play in the Boston series. Is he your point guard going forward (Would the series result have been different if the point guards switched sides? (Rozier to Milw and Bledsoe to the Cs?)

Old 05-01-2018, 03:37 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Simmons 18 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block.
Embiid 31 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal.
And Philly had 9 more rebounds than Boston, and only 2 more turnovers than Boston.
I think Philly will win most of the games with those stats.
That game is proof stats don’t tell the whole story. The Celtics just beat the Sixers with their three best players injured...and beat them decisively.

Old 05-01-2018, 06:45 AM

10,735 posts, read 4,338,237 times
Well these stats tell the whole story-
Boston = 17-35 downtown
Philly = 5-26 downtown
No chance in hell of Boston continuing to enjoy that advantage.
If Boston are unable to repeat that stat in Game 2, got to like Philly's chances of stealing home court.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:14 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Well these stats tell the whole story-
Boston = 17-35 downtown
Philly = 5-26 downtown
No chance in hell of Boston continuing to enjoy that advantage.
If Boston are unable to repeat that stat in Game 2, got to like Philly's chances of stealing home court.
I didn't see the game - except for a few minutes of the repeat later that night.

Sixers looked like they weren't making their shots and the Celtics were. Sometimes it's like that.

I should be able to watch game 2 and get a better feel for the flow of the game.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:16 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
You know you are the greatest of all-time when your worst game is 18 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 6-11fg 6-11ft....
My god your obsession with Simmons is unreal. He's good, he's gonna be really good and possibly even great, but he's not even the best player on his team...

Philly got a reality check last night. If the Celtics lose the series they are gonna go down fighting. This is gonna be a great rivalry for the next 4-5 years, probably, but at this point they are just the better team, even without 3/4 of their best players...if you take 3/4 of Philly's best players it's a Boston sweep, and they would sweep them brutally...

Philly just isn't ready yet...

Old 05-01-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
My god your obsession with Simmons is unreal. He's good, he's gonna be really good and possibly even great, but he's not even the best player on his team...
As many commentators have said, Simmon is a jump shot away from being LeBron.
The reason why a jump shot accounts for the gap between Simmons and Lebron is because his driving ability will be enhanced if the defense needs to respect his jump shot.
So you can increase his PPG with the jump shot but even more because his first step becomes a bigger weapon as a result.
And a guy averaging 8.1 rebounds, 8.2 assists, 1.7 steals, 0.9 blocks suddenly becomes a scorer? That's the best player in the NBA.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I didn't see the game - except for a few minutes of the repeat later that night.

Sixers looked like they weren't making their shots and the Celtics were. Sometimes it's like that.

I should be able to watch game 2 and get a better feel for the flow of the game.
Philly were missing open transition treys, so I think they just lost rhythm because of the 6 day break.
Whereas Embiid and Simmons both scored with ease.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:39 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Philly isn't going to keep missing those shots.

Once again JJ Reddick gets overlooked. He had a quiet 20 points but is always a reliable scorer.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:23 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
We have some matchup problems with the Cs. Covington hasn't been good in the playoffs so far and we need him to step up to win this series. Boston has a lot of good 2-way players and the 6ers are more limited offensively than they are. That being said, I highly doubt we'll shoot 17% from 3 again so we should expect more of a dogfight in Game 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball