U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-01-2018, 12:09 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Reputation: 2263

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
You know you are the greatest of all-time when your worst game is 18 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 6-11fg 6-11ft....
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Simmons 18 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block.
Embiid 31 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal.
And Philly had 9 more rebounds than Boston, and only 2 more turnovers than Boston.
I think Philly will win most of the games with those stats.
You forgot the 8 turnovers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2018, 12:27 PM
 
5,434 posts, read 1,547,253 times
Reputation: 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
You forgot the 8 turnovers.
7 turnovers actually.
And when posting about past performances when Simmons had 1 or 2 turnovers, I never included it in the statline, so it would be inconsistent for me to suddenly include this game's turnovers.
In fact it would make me look like a Simmons Hater to only mention his turnovers when its a high number.
Philly only had 12 turnovers by the way, while Boston had 10, so that was not the difference in this game.
If Simmons had 3 turnovers instead of 7, I don't see it making a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 12:38 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
7 turnovers actually.
And when posting about past performances when Simmons had 1 or 2 turnovers, I never included it in the statline, so it would be inconsistent for me to suddenly include this game's turnovers.
In fact it would make me look like a Simmons Hater to only mention his turnovers when its a high number.
Philly only had 12 turnovers by the way, while Boston had 10, so that was not the difference in this game.
If Simmons had 3 turnovers instead of 7, I don't see it making a difference.
I've seen a box score at 7 and another at 8--I don't care enough to rewatch and count. 4 or 5 more scoring opportunities for the 76ers and 4 or 5 fewer scoring opportunities for the Cs could definitely be the difference. Simmons is still a young player, and he will learn that these types of mistakes lose playoff games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 01:01 PM
 
5,434 posts, read 1,547,253 times
Reputation: 2265
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I've seen a box score at 7 and another at 8--I don't care enough to rewatch and count. 4 or 5 more scoring opportunities for the 76ers and 4 or 5 fewer scoring opportunities for the Cs could definitely be the difference. Simmons is still a young player, and he will learn that these types of mistakes lose playoff games.
Well ESPN box score says 7, and so does basketball-reference.
I'm pretty sure Simmons already knows that turnovers are bad, and basically anyone in the NBA and most people outside the NBA too....

And Simmons leads the NBA in possessions, so he should have some high turnover games, even though he only averages 3.4 turnovers, substantially less than LeBron's 4.2 turnovers per game.

In fact LeBron had 8 turnovers in the opening game of 2017 NBA Finals, and 11 turnovers in a regular season game this year.
Its not like players choose this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 01:46 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Well ESPN box score says 7, and so does basketball-reference.
I'm pretty sure Simmons already knows that turnovers are bad, and basically anyone in the NBA and most people outside the NBA too....

And Simmons leads the NBA in possessions, so he should have some high turnover games, even though he only averages 3.4 turnovers, substantially less than LeBron's 4.2 turnovers per game.

In fact LeBron had 8 turnovers in the opening game of 2017 NBA Finals, and 11 turnovers in a regular season game this year.
Its not like players choose this.
LBJ's 8 TOs in game 1 were a huge factor in making that game out of reach. Most of those TOs led to easy scoring opportunities for the Warriors. A high turnover game in the playoffs is killer. Simmons is not in the top 10 for playoffs usage%. While he has considerable ball handling and passing responsibilities--it is that responsibility that makes a 7 or 8 turnover game a bad game. Yes, LeBron had a bad game 1 of the Finals last year. He also has won 3 titles and been to the Finals, what . . . 8 times?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 01:47 PM
 
17,301 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Reputation: 28831
Cavs win first game. They will be on a roll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 02:00 PM
 
3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Reputation: 2263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Cavs win first game. They will be on a roll.
I think the Cavs will win this series. I'm doubtful they win game 1, though. I like them in 6, but kind of expecting them to win games 3-6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 07:04 PM
 
17,301 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Reputation: 28831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I think the Cavs will win this series. I'm doubtful they win game 1, though. I like them in 6, but kind of expecting them to win games 3-6.
They played like carp the first period, then started slowly turning it around. Now at half they're down by only three.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 07:42 PM
 
5,434 posts, read 1,547,253 times
Reputation: 2265
With 3:27 left in 3rdQ....
Love 1-8 field goals.
LeBron 1-6 free throws.
Combined 0-5 treys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 07:51 PM
 
17,301 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Reputation: 28831
Love, 2 points and a -16 when he's in the game. Ouch.

Cavs only down by 5 though.

The fourth should be a good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top