U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 10:24 AM

1,671 posts, read 753,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Raptors are getting swept
Yep!! If they lose game 2 it’s over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 10:36 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,876,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Raps had four chances at the end of regulation. It was that close.
Those felt like panicked attempts--several players who forgot to keep playing basketball and just tried to tap/toss it in the general direction of the hoop--seemingly unaware of the amount of time left and the situation around them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Good to see the other Cavs players finally stepping up. Sorry Raps...this is why you’ve been doubted all season.

It’s funny the Warriors are neck and neck in Curry’s return, where he’s leading all scorers, compared to Game One. Draymond with all those dunks yet has to be “extra” when it’s not necessary.
Tough loss for the Raps. We'll see how they respond.

The Warriors were a bit wild behind Curry--who was very wild himself. Draymond's energy is critical to this team.

Quote:
After all of the years Draymond has been around, I don't understand why players seem to not get that he is a two trick pony as far as scoring. Catch the pass and shoot a three before dribbling, and drives in close to the basket. That's it. As I typed this, I just saw Davis close out on Green when he caught the ball, and then back off of him once he starts his dribble. Green ended up throwing up a jump hook brick. He played Green exactly how he should be played. Don't let him catch and shoot... back off of him once he starts dribbling.
Draymond is not a scorer. He's a very good passer, who is a credible threat to score when defenses stop playing him and start playing passing lanes. Teams give up that lane because Draymond is leading a 4 on 3 when teams double Curry (or KD). Defenders have to stay with Klay (and Curry and KD), and are also sticking with the other guys on the court who are threats for a lob or backdoor cut. So Dray has an open lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Curry looks great for a guy that had a serious knee injury and hasn't played for a while.
The shooting was beautiful. There was clearly some rust and he needs some conditioning. Curry was just lost on defensive positioning for much of his time out there, which led to some breakdowns. He wasn't seeing his teammates the way that he normally would (Klay was open twice that I remember in situations where Curry would normally find him). And he was looking for his shot more aggressively than normal (understandable, and frankly I like it, but it's different). He's going to get better. I think he will round into form mentally after another couple of games. And his game conditioning should come shortly thereafter.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:22 AM

28,501 posts, read 15,458,018 times
I'm just going to post these regarding Barkley and Draymond...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAGcGZHcTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBdachdPgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkDKfHJ-il8

Barkley shouldn't have said what he said (or maybe explain why, as they did on First Take). Green response was on point.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I'm just going to post these regarding Barkley and Draymond...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAGcGZHcTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahBdachdPgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkDKfHJ-il8

Barkley shouldn't have said what he said (or maybe explain why, as they did on First Take). Green response was on point.
Chuck's just jealous of a winning PF.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:56 PM

28,501 posts, read 15,458,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Chuck's just jealous of a winning PF.
That may be true... Green still acts like a punk often on the court.

Yeah I know... mind games... intimidation... whatever it takes to get an edge... I don't like it.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
That may be true... Green still acts like a punk often on the court.

Yeah I know... mind games... intimidation... whatever it takes to get an edge... I don't like it.
It's part of the game within the game. Rondo & Mirotic tried to play it, too. The greats did it, too. It's a competition, and it's a fair edge to obtain.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:01 PM

17,301 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Jazz shockingly up by 17 over the Rockets.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:57 PM

5,434 posts, read 1,547,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Jazz shockingly up by 17 over the Rockets.
Probably not good enough to win though.
Rubio is their heart and soul.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:18 PM

17,301 posts, read 10,212,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Probably not good enough to win though.
Rubio is their heart and soul.
I'm surprised, they're hanging tough still.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:28 PM

3,791 posts, read 1,381,466 times
Rockets are shooting 3's on every possession and missing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball