U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2018, 09:09 PM
 
17,336 posts, read 10,250,800 times
Reputation: 28907

Advertisements

The Cavs are back in the East finals, how sweet it is for them! And then they are going onto the finals, baby! What's amazing is that the bench squad didn't relinquish anything when the starters all hit the bench with about three minutes left in the game! Lebron can now get some well deserved rest.

It's easy to bash Toronto, but it's not their fault they have to keep facing the greatest of all time, Lebron! Just like Jordan, he really gets into the psyche of the opposing team and they just cannot overcome that. Same thing I've been pointing out for years now!

Kyle Lowry, 5 points
DeRozan, 13 points and an ejection

James, 29 points and 11 assists
Love, 23 points
Korver, 16 points
Smith, 15 points
Hill, 12 points
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2018, 09:13 PM
 
3,813 posts, read 1,392,001 times
Reputation: 1613
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Yep that particular game will certainly be difficult for Boston, and Philly have now figured out that attacking the paint is key for the whole team (instead of just Embiid doing it), so I can see them taking care of business at home if they get that chance.
Especially since Boston is 1-4 on the road in the playoffs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2018, 09:40 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,551 posts, read 15,494,856 times
Reputation: 11431
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
D'Antoni is a Nellieball coach by osmosis. He picked up the-then master of Nellieball--Steve Nash--and built an offense around transition and pick & roll. Morey is just a GM. He does not dictate or establish strategy. Nellieball teams are happy to take midrange shots if they are the shots given by the defense. The pull-up midrange in transition is a staple. The P&R pull up & the pick & pop are staples. The system has adjusted somewhat for the Rox, but P&R remains the bread and butter of D'Antoni's offense. He wants Harden & Paul to pull up for midrange 2s when the defense surrenders them.
Not sure if you looked at the Tweet... Utah's shot chart looked like D 'Antoni's system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2018, 09:45 PM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,065,036 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The Cavs are back in the East finals, how sweet it is for them! And then they are going onto the finals, baby! What's amazing is that the bench squad didn't relinquish anything when the starters all hit the bench with about three minutes left in the game! Lebron can now get some well deserved rest.

It's easy to bash Toronto, but it's not their fault they have to keep facing the greatest of all time, Lebron! Just like Jordan, he really gets into the psyche of the opposing team and they just cannot overcome that. Same thing I've been pointing out for years now!

Kyle Lowry, 5 points
DeRozan, 13 points and an ejection

James, 29 points and 11 assists
Love, 23 points
Korver, 16 points
Smith, 15 points
Hill, 12 points
It is certainly easy to bash Toronto. They had the 2nd best regular season record yet werenít competitive in the 2nd round. The psyche stuff could be a possibility if not for the younger 5th seed Pacers fearlessly playing the Cavs to seven games. The Raptors simply arenít good...at least 10 other teams wouldíve been competive/beat the Cavs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2018, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,551 posts, read 15,494,856 times
Reputation: 11431
Didn't see either game tonight... WTH with the Raps... They just let go of the rope.

More importantly, the Sixers won - and they started McConnell. I like the shakeup. Brown should have left him in for the last game.

The Raptors are going to get so roasted by the sports yappers tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2018, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,551 posts, read 4,506,707 times
Reputation: 2488
This is so boring! Shaping up for another Warriors/Cavs series yawn! 2015 & 2016 were great series, 2017 sucked, I don't think 2018 is going to be any better. I hope either Houston or Boston win, because I am going to be watching exactly 0 minutes of any Warriors/Cavs final games, I've seen enough of it!


Seriously, everyone knew these were going to be the 4 teams by Thanksgiving! Why the hell play all these meaningless games! 66 regular season games, take the top 4 only and start playoffs at the conference semifinals (how many 5-8 seeds really win a round anyways?? A 5 every couple of years??) and at leats make it meaningful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2018, 10:44 PM
 
5,461 posts, read 1,556,169 times
Reputation: 2290
Boston have no clue how to defend McConnell, he gets to the paint at will!
And his shot selection if flawless.
Its good to have McConnell on court with Simmons, because Simmons can operate from the post like Magic Johnson did in 1991.
McConnell is a legit starting PG so can control the perimeter plus break-down the defense as he did today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2018, 11:04 PM
 
11,680 posts, read 7,065,036 times
Reputation: 6387
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
This is so boring! Shaping up for another Warriors/Cavs series yawn! 2015 & 2016 were great series, 2017 sucked, I don't think 2018 is going to be any better. I hope either Houston or Boston win, because I am going to be watching exactly 0 minutes of any Warriors/Cavs final games, I've seen enough of it!


Seriously, everyone knew these were going to be the 4 teams by Thanksgiving! Why the hell play all these meaningless games! 66 regular season games, take the top 4 only and start playoffs at the conference semifinals (how many 5-8 seeds really win a round anyways?? A 5 every couple of years??) and at leats make it meaningful.
Yeah a lot of talk/suspense/drama going into the season but here we are again. The Raptors are still the Raptors. The Celtics couldíve done big things but they lose not one but two all stars to injury - awesome luck for Lebron. Unless thereís a freak injury to a star (Durant/Curry/Lebron) the Rockets might be the last chance to see something different. Iím more excited for this series than seeing Cavs/Warriors round 4. With Lebron involved the media will find an angle to hype things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2018, 11:24 PM
 
5,461 posts, read 1,556,169 times
Reputation: 2290
Yep, LeBron trying to avoid a 6th lost Finals is some hype
Houston-Cavs would be twice as interesting, just because Houston are unproven on the very biggest stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2018, 12:07 AM
 
3,632 posts, read 1,568,583 times
Reputation: 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Yep, LeBron trying to avoid a 6th lost Finals is some hype
Houston-Cavs would be twice as interesting, just because Houston are unproven on the very biggest stage.
I want Rockets to beat Warriors, so it becomes easy for Lebron to have that psycological barrier breached and win easily .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top