U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 07:17 PM

498 posts, read 142,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Raptors fired Dwayne Casey today
I heard about that. Kind of surprising to be honest. Now who will be the next coach for Toronto?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Itís kinda funny that with all the talk entering the season we end up with 3 of the 4 teams from the previous season. Hopefully at least 1 new team will make the finals. Seeing the Celtics be the ultimate ďstarlessĒ underdog against the Warriors/Rockets would be ok. Donít know what to expect from Rockets vs Cavs.
This can only happen if the Rockets can get past the Warriors first. With Golden State back at full strength, it's highly unlikely that Houston wins this series. Warriors in 6

Old 05-11-2018, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Itís a shame Kyrie isnít healthy to give Lebron and the Cavs a legitimate fight in the ECF, which may or may not be a possibility again next year. Though I suppose his durability is at least partially what makes Lebron one of the GOAT.
Right? Boston would for sure put up much more of a fight if Kyrie were healthy. While I do expect the Celtics to at least give the Cavs some fight, I think Cleveland will still go back to the Finals. Cavs in 5

Old 05-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Are the Warriors a better team than last year?
Are the Warriors a hungrier team than the team they had last year?

Can the Cavs supporting cast FINALLY show up in a Finals? I thought the Cavs played well in games 4 and 5 and we had a really competitive series in those two.
The Warriors better than last year? I honestly think that's up for debate. They only didn't do as well as last year due mainly to injuries to key players. However, it may have also had to do with giving up some guys that they might've been better off keeping instead.

I see the Warriors and Cavs meeting up in the Finals for the fourth year in a row. Not what I was hoping for, but there's really nothing anyone can do at this point. I was hoping for a Warriors match-up with either Boston or Toronto. A healthy Celtics teams would give Golden State a run for their money.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Houston need to make the Finals to avoid a snoozer.
Hope they win game 1 and 2 in the conference finals, and that's just to make it a series.
Defeating the Warriors will be a very daunting task. I don't think the Rockets are going to do it. Not this year.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pelicans had a mighty run there at the end but not enough!

Onto the marquee match up, Golden State vs Houston! Houston won the regular season series, 2-1, but the playoffs are a completely different animal!
Playoffs are indeed different. I'd say Warriors in 6

Old 05-11-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What Paul has done has brought the mid range threat to the Rockets scheme. Rudy Gobert can't win - either he sits back and defend Capela lobs, or he gives up the mid range. That makes the offense more potent than in the past.

However - I said at the beginning of the season that the defensive upgrades that the Rockets made are more important - Tucker, Luc BAM, and Paul as well. If they can stay focused on defense, they will have a good chance to pull off the series. Durant is the killer app because he is so tall and he can score anywhere. He will need to be big.

I give GSW a slight edge, but it's not impossible for Hou.
It's next to impossible to defeat a Warriors team at full strength. Chances of Houston winning the series are extremely tiny. I'd say the only way the Warriors lose is if a key player gets hurt.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hou swept Cavs in regular season... FYI

Cavs defense is not good.
Regular season means nothing at this point.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I want Rockets to beat Warriors, so it becomes easy for Lebron to have that psycological barrier breached and win easily .
Not likely now that the Warriors are at full strength now. That being said, we'll see.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
This is so boring! Shaping up for another Warriors/Cavs series yawn! 2015 & 2016 were great series, 2017 sucked, I don't think 2018 is going to be any better. I hope either Houston or Boston win, because I am going to be watching exactly 0 minutes of any Warriors/Cavs final games, I've seen enough of it!

Seriously, everyone knew these were going to be the 4 teams by Thanksgiving! Why the hell play all these meaningless games! 66 regular season games, take the top 4 only and start playoffs at the conference semifinals (how many 5-8 seeds really win a round anyways?? A 5 every couple of years??) and at leats make it meaningful.
Yeah I was hoping the Warriors face either the Raptors or the Celtics in the Finals this year. The former is now out of the question, and the latter seems unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball