U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 05:19 PM

498 posts, read 142,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Not if they are 1-4 on the road in the playoffs
The last two rounds prior to this one don't really matter anymore. Boston can win this series as long as they win every game on their home court. To win this in fewer than seven games, they would need to steal one in Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 05:20 PM

498 posts, read 142,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
The series starts in game 2. Doesn’t matter if the Celtics won this one by 50. If the Celtics are good enough to up 2-0 then it may be danger time for the Cavs.
I agree. Cavs are in serious trouble should they fall behind 2-0. You can't count them out though. There have been teams who have come back from an 0-2 deficit to win the series.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:39 PM

28,537 posts, read 15,479,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
I really liked Boston's effort. Question is, can they sustain it?
I don't see Boston as much - but I didn't notice anything extraordinary about their effort.

They just made it difficult on LBJ. 16 pts, 7 TO for LBJ. It seems to be the obvious gameplan... make someone else beat you.

Cavs are not great on defense. This also is not a surprise.

The difference between the Celtics and the other teams is that Stevens has them more focused on the task.

Old 05-13-2018, 05:57 PM

17,319 posts, read 10,241,707 times
Yah I'm not too concerned about the blow out today.

Just one game.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:07 PM

11,680 posts, read 7,061,094 times
Now does anyone expect the Celtics to win a game against the Warriors if they play? At least with Lebron you get some drama and all the talk shows can talk about him winning or losing for hours upon hours. If the Celtics make the finals Stevens is the new best coach in basketball even if they get swept.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:43 PM

3,628 posts, read 1,566,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I have not taken the Celtics seriously since Haywood and Irving are out but now that's changed. How good will the Celtics be next season? The league better look out.
I always thought howayward is the most overrated of the current players.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:10 AM

4,214 posts, read 2,842,150 times
Credit is due to Boston for taking Cleveland to the shed. I'll tell you why I'm not worried, though...

That was Boston's most dominant win of the postseason, at home, first game of series. Absolute execution on both ends. But if that's the biggest blow they can land, how many times can the repeat it? Because Cleveland can definitely play better than 36% team shooting and 15% 3fg%. Cleveland can reach several other gears; can Boston?

Here's the thing, if they lost that first game at home they would have long odds to win MORE than a game this series. They met the challenge and have to do it again tomorrow...

If it's another Boston blowout, I think They put themselves in the driver's seat and we have to see how they play in Cleveland. If they win again but it's not a blowout, I'm still not that worried...

Boston can win this series, but we have to see how they respond when Cleveland is making all those bricks they don't normally miss. Can Boston replicate this level of dominance once they get punched back, or was this the Celtics at their absolute peak? I don't like their chances if this is the best they have. Let's not forget Indiana smoked Cleveland by 34 at home in Indiana, smoked them by 18 at The Q, and still lost the series...

It's one game, but boy do the Anti-Lebron's jump for joy with any and every Cavs loss...

Old 05-14-2018, 08:13 AM

5,450 posts, read 1,553,982 times
It was funny during Get Up when fanboy Mike Greenberg said "We obviously aren't going to sit here and question the effort of the greatest player in the game LeBron James" and then Jalen Rose said "Yeah but its what we call quitting during the play"

Old 05-14-2018, 08:28 AM

1,116 posts, read 402,746 times
LBJ is a front runner, during a quarter ,or a game, if he gets frustrated being behind he sits and quits.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:39 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,434,009 times
The Celtics have what no other team in the East has and that’s a top three coach in the league. He knows everything runs through Lebron on the Cavs so the Celtics, with the best defense in the NBA this year, will focus accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball