U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 12:12 PM

5,455 posts, read 1,554,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The only way i see the pacers having a chance to win this series is if they win both games in Indy. If the series is 2-2 headed back to Cleveland then they have no shot.
I agree in fact they may have to sweep Cleveland in order to win.
Once Cleveland get a foot in the door, Indy may lose belief, and we know Cleveland can score 130 pretty easily (as they did against Philly recently).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 12:20 PM

17,322 posts, read 10,246,537 times
Leonard's out for remainder of playoffs. Heck, he isn't even traveling with them and is supposedly rehabbing with his own crew.

As I touched upon many months ago, I knew something was off between him and the Spurs. He's definitely gone from that team, a proud organization like the Spurs are better off without him.

Old 04-16-2018, 01:21 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,879,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
There is 0% chance the Warriors will be at full strength. Even if Curry plays, their guys won't be 100%.
I agree. They may still have enough to beat the Rockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm just still p*ssed that KI got hurt and I'm not a celts fan.

Robbed of some good matchups there especially if vs. Cleveland for obvious reasons.

I think Houston is for real and that GS is banged up....and I think Cleveland is done.

So, ECF Toronto over Cleveland.
WCF Houston over GS

Winner Houston.

Given my track record lately it will be Pelicans over bucks lmao.
Houston is real for sure. So is Cleveland. Don't let Game 1 fool you, the road to the Finals still runs through Cleveland in the East (round 2 will be the real ECF, except that the winner may be running out of gas for the formal ECF).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawuScimitar74 View Post
We don't know that for sure yet. There is not 0% chance the Warriors will be at full strength. Anything in the NBA is possible these days.
Curry is coming back from injury & won't be 100%. This team is good enough to win with Curry at 80%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggzy702 View Post
Wizards will be lucky to win 2 games. I think it's time to end the John Wall era.

Warriors looked good today, but the Spurs have absolutely nothing besides Aldrige, who is a softie himself.
I don't know what the Wiz can do if they end the Wall era. He's close, but not quite there. What can they get for him that makes them a better? If Wall goes, the tank comes. I think they still need shooters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Everyone keeps selling Houston short.

I'm just cautioning that they're not going to go quietly in the west.

GS is still the team to beat but, Houston is legit.
Rockets/Warriors should be an epic series.

Quote:
The 8th seeded Warriors defeated the 1st seeded Mavericks in 2007. There were actually no injuries at all in that series. Just a major upset.
The We Believe Warriors were a long, versatile group led by a basketball genius in Don Nelson. Stack Jack got in Dirk's jersey and bothered him more than anybody else did that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Wolves missed an opportunity.

Rockets - other than Harden - only made 3 three pointers all game.

Chris Paul was off as well... turned the ball over way more than usual.
Is Chris Paul healthy? The Wolves just aren't good enough.

Quote:
Paul George had a great start to the playoffs. Should he keep this up, OKC might have a chance.
Utah has a total lack of good wing defenders. That's a problem the Rockets don't have in the 2nd round. If Mitchell is limited by his injury, the Jazz have no chance.

Old 04-16-2018, 03:08 PM

4,189 posts, read 4,172,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Leonard's out for remainder of playoffs. Heck, he isn't even traveling with them and is supposedly rehabbing with his own crew.

As I touched upon many months ago, I knew something was off between him and the Spurs. He's definitely gone from that team, a proud organization like the Spurs are better off without him.
I thought this was all media hype, but to hear Pop say "you'll have to ask Kawhi and his group that" when asked if hKawhi will join the Spurs as a spectator for the playoffs really has me concerned as a Spurs fan.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:37 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,436,423 times
We can speculate, but no one really knows outside Kawhi and the Spurs organization. It’s not like Pop in any form goes out of his way to be diplomatic with the media. Could be he’s being extra cautious after being cleared too early by Spurs doctors last time to play, and is focusing on his rehab rather than sacrificing it for appearances on the Spurs bench.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I thought this was all media hype, but to hear Pop say "you'll have to ask Kawhi and his group that" when asked if hKawhi will join the Spurs as a spectator for the playoffs really has me concerned as a Spurs fan.
I knew a while ago things were not right. One incident or news is one thing, but when you keep hearing repeated incidents, there's no way to continually gloss over or hide the reality of what's going on. I don't see how it can be interpreted any other way, the Spurs are usually a tight organization and they are like precision clockwork. When something is off, it is really noticeable.

By the way, old man Wade on fire tonite!

If he was in his prime, the Sixers would have no chance! But he is still very crafty and can score and move well.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:24 PM

498 posts, read 142,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I agree. They may still have enough to beat the Rockets.

Houston is real for sure. So is Cleveland. Don't let Game 1 fool you, the road to the Finals still runs through Cleveland in the East (round 2 will be the real ECF, except that the winner may be running out of gas for the formal ECF).

Curry is coming back from injury & won't be 100%. This team is good enough to win with Curry at 80%.

I don't know what the Wiz can do if they end the Wall era. He's close, but not quite there. What can they get for him that makes them a better? If Wall goes, the tank comes. I think they still need shooters.

Rockets/Warriors should be an epic series.

The We Believe Warriors were a long, versatile group led by a basketball genius in Don Nelson. Stack Jack got in Dirk's jersey and bothered him more than anybody else did that year.

Is Chris Paul healthy? The Wolves just aren't good enough.

Utah has a total lack of good wing defenders. That's a problem the Rockets don't have in the 2nd round. If Mitchell is limited by his injury, the Jazz have no chance.
There is a chance Curry will be 100% when he returns. Just no guarantees on that. We'll just have to wait and see what he looks like when he does return.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:53 PM

That was one of the most incredible playoff game performances I've seen, by Dwayne Wade.

Injuries and age have made him a shell of his former brilliant self, but at 36 years of age, tonight the way he willed his team to win and scoring from all angles, he was just like the Wade of old.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:57 PM

28,545 posts, read 15,485,205 times
Sixers playoff inexperienced showed down the stretch. Let's see how they respond Thurs...

Old 04-16-2018, 09:16 PM

25,896 posts, read 13,458,367 times
Miami is tough as an old boot. They'll give anyone trouble in a first round. And Philly lacks experience.

If the Heat manage to get through the Sixers, albeit unlikely, I don't think they'd have enough left in the tank for whoever they faced next. But Wade sure rolled back the clock tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball