U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 09:25 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,085,446 times

Advertisements

Cavs needed that win.
Too many turnovers, though. And now it goes back to Boston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 09:27 PM

11,680 posts, read 7,063,091 times
Are we starting to see why the Celtics miss Kyrie? Maybe they are like one of those teams who lose the star but the team comes together for big wins (usually only one big win).....yet they eventually can’t overachieve anyone. You sometimes see this in the NCAA tourney.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:58 PM

52,059 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Lebron is putting his mark on this ECF. I still don't think either team can beat the west due to losing KI but damn, Lebron is putting the beat down on boston.

Sorry folks but if you are dropping 40+ points on 60%+ shooting your team is going to win the vast majority of nights.

I will tell you right now. If Lebron with the help of Love and this rag-tag band of support players were to beat GS or Houston.....yeah Lebron will climb from top 5 GOAT to top 1-2 GOAT.

P.S. Remember I'm a Jordan fan, but I'm fair.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:01 PM

52,059 posts, read 41,872,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Are we starting to see why the Celtics miss Kyrie? Maybe they are like one of those teams who lose the star but the team comes together for big wins (usually only one big win).....yet they eventually canít overachieve anyone. You sometimes see this in the NCAA tourney.
Well yeah. KI is one of the top 15 players in the league and the best player on the celts.

He was a huge loss this year and I hate to see that no matter whom I root for.

I want to see full-strength teams fight it out.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:29 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,516,074 times
I think Game 5 is really going to tell us a lot about these Celtics. They are undefeated at home during the playoffs. If they lose Game 5, they will face an elimination game on the road. They obviously have played better at home, and if they beat the Cavs in Game 5, they could go to Cleveland looking to close the series out. That would be very significant.

Either way, this team is getting a lot of experience and learning to deal with the pressure at the highest levels. This can only be good for them going forward.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:12 AM

5,455 posts, read 1,554,927 times
Its amazing that Boston only have to win 2 more home games to advance.
They are in the most envious of situations.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:09 AM

5,300 posts, read 3,334,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
That's pretty much Boston's "saving grace" or only hope at this point, they have Game 5 and potentially Game 7 in the Garden. Didn't someone mention Boston is like 3,632,435-0 when leading 2-0 in a playoff series? Will that record still be intact, I guess time will tell!

Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 AM

5,455 posts, read 1,554,927 times
I would say because they are so inexperienced they'd have to blow Cleveland away in a Game 7 at Boston and avoid a close finish, but Stevens is a brilliant coach for tight finishes so they might be clutch enough.
First things first though, win Game 5 at Boston and see if Cleveland give them a sniff in Game 6 because the Cavs are a lot more unstable these days.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:09 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
That's what happens when you finish with a better regular season record - you get the benefit of having home court.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 AM

17,319 posts, read 10,246,537 times
Ratings have been fantastic. Even if blowout, I'm telling you, the fans and I love watching a player like Curry just explode with shot after shot.

LeBron James and his fellow stars are doing the unimaginable: making NBA ratings blowout-proof

Quote:
Yet each morning executives at the NBA, ESPN and TNT awake to ratings that, by most measurements, keep going up and up. Game 1 in the West was the highest rated ever. Social media engagement keeps setting records also. The league is rolling, especially among coveted younger fans, and the fact that no one can manage a close game hardly seems to matter. It stands to reason the West’s Game 4 will follow the trend.

The reason likely rests in Love’s comments — LeBron had a good game, at least if 44 points can be considered just “good.” Even if the game was never really in doubt, the ways in which James might figure out how to score was. There’s a dunk here, a step-back three there and a fallaway midrange jumper to sweeten it up.

On Sunday, in Golden State’s 41-point beat-down of Houston, it was Steph Curry who kept people glued to the television by dropping 35 points on the Rockets, many during an epic third quarter full of teardrop runners and isolation moves creating room for deep threes. It was compelling in spite of the score.
LeBron James-Led Game 3 Rout By Cleveland Boosts ESPN Playoff Ratings | Deadline

TNT's coverage of Warriors-Rockets most-watched West finals Game 1 ever | NBA.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball