U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 08:40 AM

51,914 posts, read 41,783,059 times

Advertisements

Gs looked tired by 3rd quarter. Got dominated on rebounds and free throws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 08:47 AM

17,260 posts, read 10,188,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Both teams will win game 6 at home to force a game 7, but think the Warriors have a better chance to win on the road in Houston does than Cleveland has at winning in Boston.
I agree, if Paul is out or limited, that is an opportunity for the Dubs. But Houston is more than capable of winning without Paul, the question is which Harden will show up Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Rockes on defense are forcing GSW to play iso ball.

Saw a stat... everyone has a stat now... but it said during the season, GSW had around 7 iso possessions per game... they are almost at 21 iso possessions per game in this series. That reduces assists. The Rockets are forcing bad passes and turnovers.

The one game Harden had 41+, they lost. Other than that - the have won 3 out of 4 with him playing solid defense. His offense is frustrating to watch because he is still 30 feet out from the basket with 4 on the shot clock. If he bumps that up to earlier in the clock, then that's when he has the option to drive and pass and get the others involve.
Yes the Rockets defense and intensity are really disrupting the Dubs. Every possession for the Dubs is a huge physical effort with no easy baskets. No wonder they look so gassed. Draymond's turnover was just pure mental and physical exhaustion.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:03 AM

28,460 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yes the Rockets defense and intensity are really disrupting the Dubs. Every possession for the Dubs is a huge physical effort with no easy baskets. No wonder they look so gassed. Draymond's turnover was just pure mental and physical exhaustion.
I thought Draymond just rushed it and took his eyes off the ball. He had just hit 5 straight points with the put back and the 3 pointer.

This is what I thought of after Green fumbled the ball - 2016 Playoffs WCF... scroll to 1:10...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kjK1ho9i00

Old 05-25-2018, 09:18 AM

4,211 posts, read 2,827,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Interesting, both of last year's finalists now have their backs against the wall, down 2-3 and needing to win two in a row.
This is great theatre for The League...

The two most dominant teams of the last four years (Cavs and Dubs) both fighting just to stay alive. On one side the greatest player of the last 20 years being pushed by a team minus their two best players, run by guys who can barely buy a drink, with a very limited supporting cast around him...

On the other side the premature "dynasty" being outhustled and outworked by a roster winning with defense but built on offense and run by two players and a coach with long resumes of playoff chokes...

This is wonderful, and as a diehard LeBron fan, I can be disappointed if he loses but happy at the competition for the game. He's had an entire conference on lock for the entire decade and his .500 record versus the supposed more dominant West in his last six Finals isn't bad. His run of consecutive Finals is destined to end at some point, we all know this...maybe this is the year...

For the Warriors, I delight in every loss they take and I hope the Rockets put them out of their misery tomorrow. The hype of "dynasty" by a team that has only won two championships, neither back to back, was always premature and 90% of the basketball following universe drank the kool-aid. What are we calling them if they lose to Houston or, even worse, lose to one of the "inferior" East teams? A team with only two chips isn't a "dynasty". A team with the greatest regular season in history but lost The Finals isn't a dynasty....

This four-year run has made them probably the greatest regular season team ever, so far. But it's funny how everything is measured in championships except for these Warriors. I've said they haven't done anything the 2011-2014 Heat didn't do yet; I maintain that statement until and unless they win MORE rings. Only then will I consider them a "dynasty"...

Tonight, I expect Cleveland to play like their life is on the line and win. I do have concern that they take that same energy on the road to Boston on Sunday. I also expect Golden State to play with urgency and win tomorrow night. Both teams obviously have championship DNA. Could be the end of an era for both; I can't wait to see how they respond!

Old 05-25-2018, 09:29 AM

5,430 posts, read 1,543,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Does ESPN not realize that Stephen A Smith knows nothing about sports?
Well he knows more about sports than anyone else at ESPN.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
He actually did in the 2nd half. When the 3 ball wasn't falling he was driving into the lane and drawing fouls. You get the opposing team in foul trouble and he's good for 9/10 at the charity stripe night in and night out. To me, that's what kept the Rockets in the game. Sure, Harden wasn't hitting his 3s, but it helped that GS wasn't hitting theirs either. Him getting to the line allowed him to still get points for his team, while also allowing his team to get a little breather. Harden also played solid defense throughout the entire game. I overlooked his inability to make 3s, because he stepped up in other areas of his game.
I agree I was happy with Harden's defense and with is 2nd half offense.
But hopefully he won't attempt 11 treys in Game 6.
He's missed his last 20 treys.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:19 AM

17,260 posts, read 10,188,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
This is great theatre for The League...

The two most dominant teams of the last four years (Cavs and Dubs) both fighting just to stay alive. On one side the greatest player of the last 20 years being pushed by a team minus their two best players, run by guys who can barely buy a drink, with a very limited supporting cast around him...

On the other side the premature "dynasty" being outhustled and outworked by a roster winning with defense but built on offense and run by two players and a coach with long resumes of playoff chokes...

This is wonderful, and as a diehard LeBron fan, I can be disappointed if he loses but happy at the competition for the game. He's had an entire conference on lock for the entire decade and his .500 record versus the supposed more dominant West in his last six Finals isn't bad. His run of consecutive Finals is destined to end at some point, we all know this...maybe this is the year...

For the Warriors, I delight in every loss they take and I hope the Rockets put them out of their misery tomorrow. The hype of "dynasty" by a team that has only won two championships, neither back to back, was always premature and 90% of the basketball following universe drank the kool-aid. What are we calling them if they lose to Houston or, even worse, lose to one of the "inferior" East teams? A team with only two chips isn't a "dynasty". A team with the greatest regular season in history but lost The Finals isn't a dynasty....

This four-year run has made them probably the greatest regular season team ever, so far. But it's funny how everything is measured in championships except for these Warriors. I've said they haven't done anything the 2011-2014 Heat didn't do yet; I maintain that statement until and unless they win MORE rings. Only then will I consider them a "dynasty"...

Tonight, I expect Cleveland to play like their life is on the line and win. I do have concern that they take that same energy on the road to Boston on Sunday. I also expect Golden State to play with urgency and win tomorrow night. Both teams obviously have championship DNA. Could be the end of an era for both; I can't wait to see how they respond!
Yup this is very compelling so far and can't wait to see what happens the next few days.

I picked the Dubs to win but wouldn't care really if Houston won the series. I always respect the team that always plays the hardest despite the pressure.

One encouraging stat for Houston is that the net efficiency for the Rockets is actually better with only Harden on the floor. With Harden and Paul on the floor, it's -6.7, with only Paul it's -13.3, and with only Harden it's +11.6.

So Houston can more than win tomorrow and Monday, it is all on Harden. I think he was fatigued himself yesterday he had some critical turnovers and his shots weren't falling.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:23 AM

28,266 posts, read 26,231,676 times
The irony here is that the Celtics actually have a shot of beating the Rockets by playing Warriors basketball.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:27 AM

28,460 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Paul officially OUT for Game 6.

CP3 Medical Update

Last edited by DRob4JC; 05-25-2018 at 10:53 AM..

Old 05-25-2018, 10:43 AM

Based on how poorly the Rockets have shot in these last 2 wins, and the fact that Harden has missed his last 20 treys, if Harden has just a regular Harden game he'll make up for Paul's absence at the offensive end.
But regardless of how they go offensively, their defense will miss Paul a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball