Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 10:38 PM

9,704 posts, read 7,371,414 times

Advertisements

I'll bite:

East:
Raptors in 6
Cavs in 5
Sixers in 6
Celtics in 6.
Wiz aren't winning, but the Raptors like to keep series interesting. I can see the Wiz winning game 1 or game 2 in Toronto than probably game 3 in Washington before the Raps turn it on. Cavs haven been playing like crap but still got to pick them in the playoffs. I love this Sixers team, but feel they may have peeked a little too early. How they respond coming off a loss will be a key to this series. I don't think any of the top 4 East seeds are losing, but I'd pick the Heat as the most likely team to upset that East apple cart. Giannis can win 1 or 2 games for the Bucks and can expand this series a couple extra games with all the injuries the Celtics have, but the Bucks aren't a serious threat to win this series. The Celtics will have problems the next series regardless of who they play, but they'll get through this relatively unscathed.

West:
Rockets in 4
Warriors in 5
Blazers over Pelicans in 7
Jazz over Thunder in 6.
Rockets won't have much trouble. I could see the T'Wolves winning 1 game. Warriors should dispatch the Spurs pretty easily too. Remember last year when this was the Western Conference Final?? Blazers Pelicans will be a great series, and both teams seem evenly matched. I can't see how this series ends before game 6 and I would pick this series as the "series most likely to go to a game 7." Jazz were an overachieving team this year while the Thunder underrachieved. I say the Jazz split in Oklahoma games 1 & 2 and close them out in game 6.

Assuming these predictions hold out (and there's about a 100% chance it won't happen) here's the rest of my picks:
East:
Cavs over Raptors in 7, Sixers over Celtics in 6, Cavs over Sixers in 7.
West:
Rockets over Jazz in 7, Warriors over Blazers in 6, Warriors over Rockets in 7.

Yawn another Golden State Cleveland finals. I'll take Warriors over the Cavs in 6 games.

Last edited by 7express; 04-13-2018 at 10:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 04:25 PM

14,640 posts, read 14,523,577 times
Leonard wasn't even at the Arena tonight. Not a good look for his future with the Spurs.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:13 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,852,915 times
Won’t be surprised if Wizards beat the Raptors...then Wizards get steam rolled by Cavs.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:20 PM

91 posts, read 124,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Won’t be surprised if Wizards beat the Raptors...then Wizards get steam rolled by Cavs.
Wizards will be lucky to win 2 games. I think it's time to end the John Wall era.

Warriors looked good today, but the Spurs have absolutely nothing besides Aldrige, who is a softie himself.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:32 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Why specifically?

I think a #8 beating a #1 in a 7 game series has happened only once or so (due to decimating injuries) so did I miss some news or is this something else that would make it not a surprise?

Old 04-14-2018, 10:33 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Everyone keeps selling Houston short.

I'm just cautioning that they're not going to go quietly in the west.

GS is still the team to beat but, Houston is legit.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:36 PM

10,578 posts, read 4,211,957 times
Philly beat Miami by 27, but things will slow down when Embiid returns, and that suits Miami.
Simmons 17 points, 14 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 7 of 10 free-throws.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:01 PM

91 posts, read 124,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why specifically?

I think a #8 beating a #1 in a 7 game series has happened only once or so (due to decimating injuries) so did I miss some news or is this something else that would make it not a surprise?
It's happened twice and had nothing to do with injuries.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:11 PM

525 posts, read 276,269 times
Quote:
Everyone keeps selling Houston short.

I'm just cautioning that they're not going to go quietly in the west.

GS is still the team to beat but, Houston is legit.
While I do see the Warriors coming out of the West, I will not sleep on the Rockets. Even if Golden State is at full strength, Houston will give them a fight. No doubt the Rockets are Golden State's biggest threat in the West this year.

Old 04-14-2018, 11:12 PM

525 posts, read 276,269 times
Quote:
Why specifically?

The 8th seeded Warriors defeated the 1st seeded Mavericks in 2007. There were actually no injuries at all in that series. Just a major upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball