Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 09:13 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

The same can be said of the players. Lowry and DeRozan are not gamers and true superstars step up when their season is on the line. They need to get rid of both of those clowns because they’re obviously mentally soft and only built for the regular season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 09:18 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm looking forward to a WCF that could be one for the ages.

Lots of teams peaking at the right moment, hard to say given the imbalance in quality of opponents across leagues.

I PRAY I'm wrong but the finals still looks to be a snoozer.
Are the Warriors a better team than last year?
Are the Warriors a hungrier team than the team they had last year?

Can the Cavs supporting cast FINALLY show up in a Finals? I thought the Cavs played well in games 4 and 5 and we had a really competitive series in those two.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:40 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
GSW/Hou schedule... all times are CENTRAL TIME ZONE

Game 1: Monday, May 14 - Golden State at Houston, 8 p.m.

Game 2: Wednesday, May 16 - Golden State at Houston, 8 p.m.

Game 3: Sunday, May 20 - Houston at Golden State, 7 p.m.

Game 4: Tuesday, May 22 - Houston at Golden State, 8 p.m.

*Game 5: Thursday, May 24 - Golden State at Houston, 8 p.m.

*Game 6: Saturday, May 26 - Houston at Golden State, 8 p.m.

*Game 7: Monday, May 28 - Golden State at Houston, 8 p.m.

Why do they have to start on Monday evening? So I will miss a good portion of that... sort of...

Old 05-09-2018, 09:46 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
He need to be fired if he was swept by the same team two years in a row
Are they going to fire the Coach of the Year (at least among the other NBA coaches)?

Casey named 2018 NBCA Coach of the Year

For clarity...

“The Michael H. Goldberg NBCA Coach of the Year Award for the top NBA Coach as voted by his peers is one of the most meaningful in all of pro sports,†said Dallas Mavericks Head Coach and National Basketball Coaches Association President Rick Carlisle said in a statement. “Dwane Casey once again maximized the Toronto roster to achieve the top record in the Eastern Conference. Congratulations to Dwane on this prestigious recognition.â€

This award is voted on by NBA coaches and is separate from the NBA Coach of the Year award, which is voted on by the media.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:40 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
I'm looking forward to a WCF that could be one for the ages.

Lots of teams peaking at the right moment, hard to say given the imbalance in quality of opponents across leagues.

I PRAY I'm wrong but the finals still looks to be a snoozer.
We've all been waiting for it, and it will come to pass. Interesting to have such a long break for the WCF to start. Lots of players on both teams could probably use the time to rest and heal. The Finals won't be a "snoozer" if you like basketball. The best players playing for the title is what basketball is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pelicans had a mighty run there at the end but not enough!

Onto the marquee match up, Golden State vs Houston! Houston won the regular season series, 2-1, but the playoffs are a completely different animal!
The Pels had a successful season, and there is no shame in their loss. They need a 3 & D wing.

The big questions for the WCF:

Can the Warriors guard Harden & Paul without fouling while rotating crisply on Capela and the wings?

Do the Rockets have the flexibility to adjust when the Warriors go fast & long?

Can the Rockets chase Curry & Klay around screens for 7 games?

Can Draymond bang with Capela for 7 games?

Can the Rockets slow the Warriors' transition attack by stopping the ball after Warriors defensive rebounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post

Can the Cavs supporting cast FINALLY show up in a Finals? I thought the Cavs played well in games 4 and 5 and we had a really competitive series in those two.
Are the Warriors better than last year? Maybe. They've really turned up the defense in these playoffs--they are playing far and away the best defense in the playoffs. Their offense has been more sluggish than usual--owing first to missing their offensive engine for 6 games and second to missing some open shots (especially KD's bunny 3s that just aren't falling).

Old 05-09-2018, 11:28 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Are they going to fire the Coach of the Year (at least among the other NBA coaches)?

Casey named 2018 NBCA Coach of the Year

For clarity...

“The Michael H. Goldberg NBCA Coach of the Year Award for the top NBA Coach as voted by his peers is one of the most meaningful in all of pro sports,†said Dallas Mavericks Head Coach and National Basketball Coaches Association President Rick Carlisle said in a statement. “Dwane Casey once again maximized the Toronto roster to achieve the top record in the Eastern Conference. Congratulations to Dwane on this prestigious recognition.â€

This award is voted on by NBA coaches and is separate from the NBA Coach of the Year award, which is voted on by the media.
Well I guess not after receiving that lol

Old 05-09-2018, 03:03 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post

If the Cavs had KI still then I'd have more hope than I do.

Cavs are playing really well now but they're beating up on teams that are nowhere near the caliber of GS or Houston.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:16 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times
Quote:
If the Cavs had KI still then I'd have more hope than I do.

Cavs are playing really well now but they're beating up on teams that are nowhere near the caliber of GS or Houston.
Oh, please a lot of you were saying that the Pacers were gonna beat them but they beat them in 7 games so they didn't beat up on the Pacers. Then when it came to the Raptors: Cavs are tired, Raptors are deep and have the best bench in the NBA so the Raptors will beat them. Shoot, people were saying that Philly would go to The Finals or now it's Boston will beat them. But, now since the Cavs are back in the Conference Finals the East is weak.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:37 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Oh, please a lot of you were saying that the Pacers were gonna beat them but they beat them in 7 games so they didn't beat up on the Pacers. Then when it came to the Raptors: Cavs are tired, Raptors are deep and have the best bench in the NBA so the Raptors will beat them. Shoot, people were saying that Philly would go to The Finals or now it's Boston will beat them. But, now since the Cavs are back in the Conference Finals the East is weak.
The Warriors and Rockets are not the Pacers or Raptors, haven't been all season. You didn't dispute his claim whatsoever.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:44 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Oh boy, Celtics down by four with 2:00 to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball